Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

WDW imagineering project -> triceratop spin POLLS CLOSE NOON TOM!!!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] WDW imagineering project -> triceratop spin POLLS CLOSE NOON TOM!!!!!

Hey guys, after an absence that was far to long due to a serious hockey concussion, I'm back to continue work on the project. Before i post my next section of ideas - Dinoland USA, I hit a snag and i was wondering if the people out there could help me out. As we all know there are a LOT of Dumbo-like rides around the 'world' and my issue is this -does triceratop spin deserve a place in Chester and Hester's or should another item be put in the area to shake things up a bit and give guests different experiences? answer in the poll above and if your answer is no please post in your response to the thread what type of attraction should replace it (keeping in mind that your replacement must be similar in dimensions to that of the current ride due to space requirements).

best idea recieves a prize!!: a pm with a sneak preview of one of the new lands being created in this project!

remember polls close noon tom so get your votes in ASAP!!!!
    Keep it, its better then anything else
    52.63%
    Get rid of it, waste of space (post replacement)
    47.37%

Re: WDW imagineering project -> triceratop spin POLLS CLOSE NOON TOM!!!!!

Personally I think that Chester and Hester's part of Dinoland USA could be replaced.
    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Surprisingly, I actually voted to keep it. I hate, I mean HATE Dinorama, but, I'm not entirely opposed to Chester and Hester's as it was originally presented. Now, I would love to see the games gone, Primeval Whirl relocated or enclosed, but I guess when I step back and really look at Triceratops Spin for what it really is, it kinda matches the original concept of Dinoland. I don't find it all that much of a stretch to imagine that if there were really a Chester and Hester's that they would buy some off-the-shelf ride for use as a roadside attraction. Granted, I think the theming would have to be upped, including some weathering and further integration with the existing theme of the store, but its a nice ride for the little ones, and I guess if elephants can fly in the MK, Dinosaurs can fly in the AK.

I just want to re-emphasize that I DO NOT IN ANY WAY support Dinorama! I really wish it would go extinct like the dinosaurs it fails to represent!
      In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

DoppelV makes a good point. If you want to get rid of Triceratops Spin, you might as well get rid of the entire Chester and Hester's Dinorama area including Primeval Whirl.

Personally I would rather they just add another ride to the area if they really want to stick with the *shudder* carnival aspect of it. Can't think of anything though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoppelV View Post
          ....Granted, I think the theming would have to be upped, including some weathering and further integration with the existing theme of the store, but its a nice ride for the little ones, and I guess if elephants can fly in the MK, Dinosaurs can fly in the AK.
          I agree. I don't necessarily care for this cheap 'carnival' ride, but it would be much more acceptable if the theming was more intensive, as well as a more focused, direct integration with the existing "Chesters & Hester's" idea.

Comment

I vote to Remove Chester and Hester entirely.

Comment

I think that the Chester and Hester area is good homage to classic road side America. If you've ever really been in one of those tourist traps you would know what I am talking about.
              He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
              follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
              DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
                I think that the Chester and Hester area is good homage to classic road side America. If you've ever really been in one of those tourist traps you would know what I am talking about.
                It reminds me of the nearby "Dinosaur World" off of I-4,....or Marblehead Ohio's "Prehistoric Forest" which 'just' closed after over 50 years of business. Pure kitschy, roadside Americana.

Comment

Originally posted by ryran75 View Post
                  It reminds me of the nearby "Dinosaur World" off of I-4,....or Marblehead Ohio's "Prehistoric Forest" which 'just' closed after over 50 years of business. Pure kitschy, roadside Americana.
                  There are quite o few of them on I-40/Route 66 in Arizona and New Mexico. I think that it is really cool and fun.
                  He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                  follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                  DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Get rid of the Chester and Hester's entirely. It's a giant black eye in an otherwise beautiful park.
                    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                    sigpic

Comment

thanks for the help guys, polls are now closed. go check out the final results on the WDW imagineering project. unfortunately nobody wins because noone gave me a replacement idea... so next update will be an affrica asia mix , just a short one as there arent many places to add in on these areas.

Comment

I vote get rid of it! I think the whole land should be focused on more real dinosaurs and fossels rather then the cartoon type!
                        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Not the best in themed entertainment...but my daughter loves it. It is on our must list when we visit Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Comment

Working...
                          X