Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Kilomanjaro Safaris ever been shut down?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Has Kilomanjaro Safaris ever been shut down?

This may be a dumb question but have they ever closed this attraction for refurbishments or whatnot since DAK opened? Considering it's their signature park attraction I would imagine they would want to make sure it's opened if not for the entire day then at least for a few hours every day the park is open right? I can't imagine DAK being open without this attraction running.

Re: Has Kilomanjaro Safaris ever been shut down?

Simple answer... No, the Safaris hasn't been closed for a major refurbishment since park opening. That's not to say it doesnt get any help, they just tend to do after the attraction is closed.

Comment

I'd put this down to the type of attraction. Given they have wild animals, any maintenance work needs to be done pretty much instantly for the safety or wellbeing of the animals. They can't leave something broken unitl the next refurb....O look at that hole in the fence, never mind.....When I last went the crocs were not on display because a pump was broken meaning the water wasn't up to quality. On another attraction they might leave that, but you can't really with animals about. The jeeps have probably been serviced many times, but you can swap them out one at atime and nobody will notice.
      Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

I would also guess that since the experience of the attraction relies more on wild animals than entirely on AAs and special effects, the attraction doesn't require the constant technical maintenance like others do.

Comment

The attraction also has the advantage that they can go along several different detours throughout the trip. Every now and then the road will be blocked by an obstruction and you'll go the other way. They could easily handle some fixer uppers to things if doing it overnight isn't good enough.

The attraction has received changes over its lifetime but I don't think it ever called for any closure period.. like when they removed the big red/little red storyline in 07 or so.

Comment

Working...
          X