Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So with all the new upgrades, what will happen with DisneyQuest?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] So with all the new upgrades, what will happen with DisneyQuest?

DisneyQuest has basically just been sitting there since a decade ago, with no real growth whatsoever. I mean they still have an arcade, Pirates, Jungle Cruise. But everything feels dated and everything feels more like a time capsule than anything else.

Are they going to ever get rid of it? Or at least refurbish it completely?

Re: So with all the new upgrades, what will happen with DisneyQuest?

Originally posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    DisneyQuest has basically just been sitting there since a decade ago, with no real growth whatsoever. I mean they still have an arcade, Pirates, Jungle Cruise. But everything feels dated and everything feels more like a time capsule than anything else.

Are they going to ever get rid of it? Or at least refurbish it completely?
    my guess is a DisneyQuest rehab and a new show at the la Nouba theater are on the list of changes coming to DTD however they are near the bottom. Its such a train wreck over there that they need to focus on getting more retailers to take up space and finish the new development on Pleasure Island and the AMC theater.

What I believe would be the best plan of action right now for Disney would be:
    1) finish new AMC experience
    2) finish re theme of pleasure island into Hyperion Wharf and theme all buildings accordingly
    3) find people to fill the empty retail spaces and add a restaurant or two (consider splitting the version mega store building into a group of small rentals instead of one big space.
    4) if small retail spaces are available have Disney buy them up and make specific themed stores i.e. only stuffed animals or only Donald duck stuff etc.. as well as high quality stores like Disney jewelry and crystal. At very least a temporary DVC area just so the stores dont sit empty.
    5) kick out rainforest cafe and in its place put a similar but more kid friendly version of the Adventurers club in its place for a dinner theater type experience for the whole family
    6) Update Disney quest
    7) move characters in flight over more towards west side between bongos and wetzels and bring a world of color type show to the lake that matches with the lights of Hyperion Warf. It completes the area and turns it into a place you want to spend half to a full day in.
    8) New show to replace La Nouba
    9) consider expansion on outskirts of west side and market place
    10) increase the amount of buses to the area from resorts and parks

And in 10 easy steps I think I have completely fixed Downtown Disney . What do you guys think. If Disney kept their minds to that kind of a plan by 2020 at the latest it could realistically be accomplished

Comment

From what I've heard, Disney no longer plans on putting any sort of money into developing DisneyQuest, but they're willing to let it sit there as long as it makes even a modest profit, which largely comes from locals who go on the inexpensive annual pass. Apparently the building was once on the list for the next big area to redevelop (ie, replacing with a whole new concept), but with the Pleasure Island/Hyperion Wharf fiasco the place is being put on the back-burner, since at least it's moderately successful. Apparently someone on another forum once asked an Imagineer what the plans were for DisneyQuest, and the Imagineer laughed and said he missed when DisneyQuest was their biggest problem at Downtown Disney.

Comment

I think Disney dropped the ball when they shuttered Pleasure Island the way they did. They should have kept at the very least the Adventurer's Club and maybe one or two of the others. I was not a big Pleasure Island patron, but the few clubs I did visit occasionally were always busy (Mannequins, 8Traxx) and I knew Adventurers Club had a huge following.

As for fixes, well it is mainly up to Cirque du Soleil to change the show. As long as people keep coming to see La Nouba, why should they. They have shows in Vegas that have been running longer than La Nouba.

DisneQuest needs to go. Period. It was a part of a plan top open DisneyQuests all over the country, what happened is they opened two or three total. The only one I know for sure that opened was in Chicago, and that didn't last long. They were great concepts but Disney doesn't want to invest the money in the changing technologies a place like Disney Quest requires.

They need to do something with the Virgin building. It's huge building that could house a few retailers and I think it needs a retailer that could draw in traffic. Personally I can think of a few retailers that would be huge draws to fill the whole space and with all the tourists that are already at Disney would be very popular. It was rumored that Apple would take the space, which I think would be perfect, but with three Apple stores now in the Orlando area I doubt that will happen.

The West Side really only seems to have two things going for it at the moment and that would be AMC and Cirque du Soleil. The restaurants there are not doing their potential since Pleasure island closed. Bongos has to be in trouble, it never seems to be busy anymore when I go by there and House of Blues as well since it is well hidden.

As for Rainforest Cafe, I see nothing wrong with the place. It's very popular and they do a good business there. The food may not be the best, but it is better than Bongos or Pollo Campero.

What I also think they should do is just re-theme the West Side to be more in line with the Marketplace/Hyperion Wharf designs. Right now the whole westside is gaudiness to the extreme. The only decent looking structure there is the Cirque du Soleil theater.

At the rate Downtown Disney is going, and the way that it is mismanaged I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up on Dead Malls.com in the near future. Pleasure Island has been closed for how long now, and the buildings still sit vacant, Virgin left over a year ago, and it has a temporary and overpriced toy store that sells a few variations of one basic product.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X