Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDW June 3-8th

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WDW June 3-8th

    Hey All,

    I'm fairly new to MiceChat. I've been over on Laughingplace a while as an avid Disneyland goer. I've never been to the "World". A great friend of mine are going June 3-8th and she happens to be coming back from Iraq for 15 day R&R. We're staying at Shades of Green. I've never been and i've been reading up on the parks, travel guides and such. Just a few questions.

    1. When is school out for the summer in the Orlando/FL area?
    2. Character Breakfasts...Never done them at Disneyland being that I lived near the park and never stayed at the resort...worth the time?
    3. Rain? I know June/July get the most inches...how long does it typically rain for?
    4. Any suggestions as to which parks on which days?
    5. We're in our mid to late 20's and wondering about nightlife around the area.

    I'm looking at getting 6 day premium tickets...If thats the correct name. Probably also visit NASA...possible shuttle launch May 15-June 3rd. Any help would be appreciated.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

    Find me on MySpace

  • #2
    I'll answer what I can. Rain. In summer it's typical to get a fierce thunderstorm in the mid-afternoon everyday but they only last about an hour. If you don't have a car then Disney's Pleasure Island is a good bet for nightlife because the hotel bus will take you there. I prefer Universal's City Walk though.

    Comment


    • #3
      I love WDW in June. THe rain storms in the afternoon cool off the temp and sometimes clear the parks out. If you don't mind wearing a pncho for a little while, its great.

      If you have a child or a favorite character you'd like your photo with, the character breakfast is a must. They are still fun as an adult, but you pay a premium to be around the characters with those buffets.

      I'm an early person when it comes to WDW. So, my rule of thumb is to hit the early entry parks on their days and then leave after an hour or so later and park hop to a less crowded park for the rest of the day. A lot of families try their best to get to the early entry parks to take advantage of the extra time, but most miss the opening and just get there slightly before the park normal operating hours which becomes a sea of people sometimes.

      Pleasure Island is a fun time. Because you won't have to worry about driving with the bus system, take advantage of that.

      Have a great time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by XterraceEmp
        Hey All,

        I'm fairly new to MiceChat. I've been over on Laughingplace a while as an avid Disneyland goer. I've never been to the "World". A great friend of mine are going June 3-8th and she happens to be coming back from Iraq for 15 day R&R. We're staying at Shades of Green. I've never been and i've been reading up on the parks, travel guides and such. Just a few questions.
        Alrighty then, welcome to MiceChat. I'll give ya just a few answers.
        Originally posted by XterraceEmp
        1. When is school out for the summer in the Orlando/FL area?
        The State of FL begins to get out in Early May and the latest they get out is mid-june. For example, in my county, they get out the week before Memorial Day.
        Originally posted by XterraceEmp
        2. Character Breakfasts...Never done them at Disneyland being that I lived near the park and never stayed at the resort...worth the time?
        It is if you like the characters... but I'm not sure if it's really worth the money.
        Originally posted by XterraceEmp
        3. Rain? I know June/July get the most inches...how long does it typically rain for?
        Everyday it will rain for about an hour or two. It rarely lasts longer.
        Originally posted by XterraceEmp
        4. Any suggestions as to which parks on which days?
        Nope, but if you're staying on property, take advantage of Extra Magic Hours in the Evening, and any late closings. The shortest lines are at night.
        Originally posted by XterraceEmp
        5. We're in our mid to late 20's and wondering about nightlife around the area.
        Downtown Disney is all you need, though you might want to take a look at Universal's CityWalk as well.
        Originally posted by XterraceEmp
        I'm looking at getting 6 day premium tickets...If thats the correct name. Probably also visit NASA...possible shuttle launch May 15-June 3rd. Any help would be appreciated.
        There is no such ticket. You simply choose how long you're staying and if you want to be able to park hop and if you want the tickets to expire or not. The computer spits out a price for you. It's called Magic Your Way. And I'll be quite honest, I went to NASA and was severely disappointed. However, I wasn't there for a launch, so that might be why. I do know you can see the launches on a clear day all the way from Orlando though. Anyway, I guess my main point is that Mission: SPACE at Epcot is better than anything they have at the Space Center.

        Comment

        Get Away Today Footer

        Collapse
        Working...
        X