Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Brazil is coming to Florida...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Looks like Brazil is coming to Florida...

Report: Walt Disney World to add Brazil pavilion as next country in Epcot World Showcase | Inside the Magic

Re: Looks like Brazil is coming to Florida...

I hope it has a Ratatoing attraction

M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
    sigpic
    Flickr

Comment

Coolness, so EPCOT will have to stay open much later

Comment

I'm all for it!

Comment

Amazing how much this rumor is being accepted as having a bit of truth. It would definitely be great to see a new World Showcase pavilion.

Comment

Brazil is more something I would rather see in Animal Kingdom than Epcot. Oh well.

Comment

I saw this thread title and thought, "They already come to Florida regularly."

Comment

Sure, a South American land at DAK would have been much nicer, but Epcot reeeally needs something new, and South America's lack of presence in WS is something worth rectifying.

An Australia (or even better, Australasia) land at DAK could be just as good.

Do we think a Brazil pavilion will have a genuine attraction? I hope so.

Comment

South America does need to be represented in World Showcase, on a permanent basis, and Brazil would top my list of countries from South America. And it's in my top 5 choices of countries that I would like to see added to to EPCOT (The others being India, Israel, Russia, and Greece. - I would place Australia in Animal Kingdom)
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Any new countries would be a welcome addition to Epcot. Hoepfully if it happened, Imagineers would come up with a great attraction to go insde.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, now the tour groups won't get too homesick!

No, but this sounds awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                        South America does need to be represented in World Showcase, on a permanent basis, and Brazil would top my list of countries from South America. And it's in my top 5 choices of countries that I would like to see added to to EPCOT (The others being India, Israel, Russia, and Greece. - I would place Australia in Animal Kingdom)
                        Greece and Russia would be my two main choices for Pavilions ASAP. Israel would be a nice runner up.

India is kinda already represented in DAK's Asia area.

How do countries get approved for the WS again?

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                          Greece and Russia would be my two main choices for Pavilions ASAP. Israel would be a nice runner up.

India is kinda already represented in DAK's Asia area.

How do countries get approved for the WS again?
                          I agree that those 2 countries would be good additions but fact of the matter is Brazil is truly the right choice for the next country. Its the world showcase and each continent should have some form of representation in my opinion. Brazil is one of the worlds largest countries and highest populations, and now gives south america a place in the showcase if this rumor is true.

On a side note I'm not sure why everyone is harping on world showcase here saying it needs work so desperately, I personally feel its the one of the places that needs the least work. A new country is still welcome but comeon

Comment

Brazil sounds great. But I'm wondering, has WDW ever added another country to EPCOT after the initial build?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                              Brazil sounds great. But I'm wondering, has WDW ever added another country to EPCOT after the initial build?
                              Both Norway and Morocco were built after the parks opening. Spain, Israel, Russia, Equitorial Africa, and a few others were well underway on their way to becoming pavilions as well, to the point of having "Coming Soon" signs. However, they were seemingly wiped off all plans all of a sudden.

I'd LOVE to see a new WS pavilion, my only prayer is that they completely keep it in line with the other pavilions. No pixar attractions, etc. and a level of detail and immersion equal or above the other pavilions. Save for gran fiesta tour (which really isn't that bad) the WS has remained unmaimed, and pretty true to EPCOT Center's original vision. It must contain a big attraction... Disney must know about people's complaints of the lack of attractions. (I, myself, could spend over 2 days solely in the world showcase and love every single second of it)

I also hope that it is very successful, as it could be the first of many more, and could maybe inspire AK to go ahead with their South America section. (Russia pavilion is my dream)

So where do you guys think it will go in the promenade?
                              Matt!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X