Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Program! (Hey! It's News to Me!)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News College Program! (Hey! It's News to Me!)

I know there's probably a thread for this but I got in today and I'm sooooooooo excited I just want to talk about it with anyone who will give me information or anyone who will listen :yea:

I'm working Quick Service Food and Beverage and that's about all I know. I'm hoping i get placed in the Magic Kingdom :beg:

Re: College Program! (Hey! It's News to Me!)

Hey, congrats! I remember seeing you in another thread, maybe the DL Character Audition thread? I'm so jealous of you right now, I'd love to do the CP I'm applying for fall 2012.

Comment

Congrats, I'm also checking in to the CP in August for attractions.

Comment

Lucky! I wish I got into attractions or something like that. I wonder if there's a way to switch departments or something. I think I did read about logging extra hours in other departments as well so that would be nice too.

Hopefully I'll see you around migitmouse!

Comment

I worked in food and beverage during my CP Congrats!

The Magic Kingdom is great, but that means that you'll be working a lot more hours.
          DisneyTwins
          Since May 2003

Comment

I have no problem with that really to be honest with you. I love the way Disney does things from a customer's perspective and I can't wait to be on the other side of things and be able to brighten people's days up. I know that not every day will be a joy ride, but any time I'm down I'll just remember, "Well, I could be doing this very same thing at McDonald's but instead, I'm doing it at the happiest place on earth!"

Comment

Congrats! QSFB isn't too bad. I did that in 2008, at Casey's Corner
              Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
              May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
              May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
              May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
              Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
              Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
              May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Casey's Corner would be soooooo awesome. I can't wait for it to be the fall!

Comment

In terms of housing Chatham and Patterson are much nicer IMO, plus I enjoyed having a lot of roomies over just one other roomie. ;-)
                  I have worked:
                  T-Land Attractions - Speedway, Space Mountain, Training Facilitator May 08- April 09
                  Fantasyland Attractions - Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures April 09- May09
                  Icon Attractions (studios) - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Fantasmic May10- Aug10

Have lived in Chatham and Patterson.

Comment

Question about the CP - is attractions really as fun as they say? I'm kinda considering which jobs I want when I go right now so I don't get too worked up over it later.

Comment

To be honest, B&B, your best bet is to just apply to nearly every position. I mean sure, there will be a few that you absolutely WILL NOT want to do, but anywhere you think might even be SLIGHTLY enjoyable should be applied for. I wanted to be a character attendant more than anything but realized how competitive that would be so I ended up applying for about 6 or 7 other positions during the phone interview. If you're set on one or two positions then you're just gonna set yourself up for disappointment. Just my little piece of advice!

Comment

No offense Aladdin6592... ha ha, is that your birthday? June baby? me too! But yeah, I know there are some departments people should NEVER apply to work in for a CP. It's just miserable in some areas, and no matter how much you want to work in WDW for a CP, if you get put in some departments & locations, it will just suck the fun out of it and you'll wish you didn't go in the first place. But hey, good luck in QSF&B... at least you're not Outdoor Foods. I wouldn't hope for MK though if I were you. Insane hours there. Try pushing for DAK.

Also... about housing... I've been hearing that Chatham is finally getting bugs, might be worth the extra money (and walk) to stay at Patterson now... it's still too new to have bugs... yet. And some apartments in Vista have mold these days.

Just some good advice.

And B&B... if you want to work in the parks, attractions is fun. So is merchandise and to an extent, believe it or not, custodial. Ha! Just remember, it's a job... don't raise your expectations too high with ANY position. And don't expect it to have anything to do with what you're studying. Because it won't. Even if they say it will, it won't.
                        -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
                          To be honest, B&B, your best bet is to just apply to nearly every position. I mean sure, there will be a few that you absolutely WILL NOT want to do, but anywhere you think might even be SLIGHTLY enjoyable should be applied for. I wanted to be a character attendant more than anything but realized how competitive that would be so I ended up applying for about 6 or 7 other positions during the phone interview. If you're set on one or two positions then you're just gonna set yourself up for disappointment. Just my little piece of advice!
                          Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          And B&B... if you want to work in the parks, attractions is fun. So is merchandise and to an extent, believe it or not, custodial. Ha! Just remember, it's a job... don't raise your expectations too high with ANY position. And don't expect it to have anything to do with what you're studying. Because it won't. Even if they say it will, it won't.
                          WHOAH. Definitely thought I read somewhere that you could only apply for like 3 positions. It's awesome to know that they let you expand that into 6+ if you need to. But yeah, I'm just trying to figure out the ones I probably won't want to do.

Yeah, I definitely figured it wouldn't be something related to what I'm studying. Disney is magical, not educational (persay.) hahaha

Comment

Casey's Corner would be soooooo awesome. I can't wait for it to be the fall!
                            It was a lot of fun. I loved the costume, and it was great getting to see the parade and fireworks every night

Originally posted by BeautyandtheBeast View Post
                            Question about the CP - is attractions really as fun as they say? I'm kinda considering which jobs I want when I go right now so I don't get too worked up over it later.
                            I'm currently in attractions (have been since Aug 2009), and it's a lot of fun. I LOVE my current rides

Actually, I would disagree against picking every role. I would pick more then one or two, but picking every single role just to get accepted is probably not a good idea. The chances are very high of being placed in a role you don't want to be in. I always recommended picking 4-5 roles that you are comfortable doing (and that's the amount I always selected myself).
                            Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
                            May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
                            May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
                            May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
                            Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
                            Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
                            May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

I've been pending since March, but I picked just a couple of roles (character performer, costuming, and character attendant). I think it just depends on what you want to do. If you really want to go to Disney World and don't really care about what you do there, I would reccommend checking everything you don't think you would commit suicide doing. Personally, I know I am the pickiest eater alive so getting in the food aspect would not be a good idea because I wouldn't know what to reccommend to guests and I can't even cook an egg. I also would fail the lifeguard test miserably so I didn't pick that one either. Also, I am a theatre arts major in college so working in that aspect of Disney made sense for me, since that is where I'd like to work after college too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X