Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Rooms Types coming to Walt Disney World.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Rooms Types coming to Walt Disney World.

Disney announced their intentions to upgrade some rooms in the Contemporary and Port Orleans to cater to different guest tastes.

The new Contemporary "Health and Wellness Suites" will feature bamboo flooring, 100-percent cotton linens, non-allergenic wrapped mattresses – as well as views of the Magic Kingdom and Bay Lake. Bathrooms on this floor also will be equipped with rainwater showers and tea tree oils. Cardio Equipment will be in the rooms as well.

Meanwhile, Port Orleans will follow the popular Pirates of the Caribbean rooms in the Caribbean Beach resort with Royal Guest Rooms. These rooms will include ornate beds that feature headboards with fiber-optic special effects, and gold and crystal accents. Guests also can enjoy artwork and special mementos left by Tiana’s royal friends.

The plan is to have them open by March 2012.

More info:
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: New Rooms Types coming to Walt Disney World.

neato
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

The new Contemporary "Health and Wellness Suites" sounds very nice for the people who are more into exercising. I don't know well the new Port of Orleans POTC rooms will go for most fans and same goes for the princess rooms (would have made a bit more sense to have the Princess ones at The Grand Floridan, mainly because of the hotel's location close the Magic Kingdom.)

Timekeeper
      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
        The new Contemporary "Health and Wellness Suites" sounds very nice for the people who are more into exercising. I don't know well the new Port of Orleans POTC rooms will go for most fans and same goes for the princess rooms (would have made a bit more sense to have the Princess ones at The Grand Floridan, mainly because of the hotel's location close the Magic Kingdom.)

Timekeeper
        Well it is Princess and the Frog and Port Orleans is the perfect setting!

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
          Well it is Princess and the Frog and Port Orleans is the perfect setting!
          It's interesting that they don't specify which Port Orleans however; I'd assume French Quarter, or maybe some in each?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            It's interesting that they don't specify which Port Orleans however; I'd assume French Quarter, or maybe some in each?
            I would assume Riverside since it has twice as many rooms as FQ.

Comment

True, but I think the theming fits better in FQ. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Comment

I really really like the look of the Health and wellness suites. I think it fits the contemporary theme perfectly.

The Princess rooms however... eh. I can see Princess and the Frog at Port Orleans, but theres also going to be Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin themed rooms. Not to sure about those for this resort.

From wdwmagic.com:
                Some of the theming will include:
                Bathroom faucets in the shape of Aladdin's lamp
                Luggage bench in the shape of Sultan the dog that turns into a bench from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
                Ornately decorated beds that include headboards with fiber optic special effects and gold and crystal accents
                Custom bed coverings and drapes that create a more luxurious "royal" experience
                Unique, in-room artwork featuring Tiana and her royal visitors

Comment

Hmmm... Those suites would have to be up on the 14th floor.

Comment

Originally posted by martyallee View Post

The Princess rooms however... eh. I can see Princess and the Frog at Port Orleans, but theres also going to be Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin themed rooms. Not to sure about those for this resort.
                    The story is the other princesses are visiting Tiana, so I think it's jsut going to be all princesses in the same room; no specific princess rooms.

Originally posted by mikelieman View Post
                    Hmmm... Those suites would have to be up on the 14th floor.
                    Agreed. One of the 2 concierge floors (probably the 14th) will be the ones changed to the Wellness suites.

Comment

Exciting enhancements also are taking place over at
                      :lolear god, what a lame "background story" for these suites! I'm surprised they're lavishing so much attention on the lower grade hotels when meanwhile the Grand Floridian is slowly apart at the seams.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                        :lolear god, what a lame "background story" for these suites! I'm surprised they're lavishing so much attention on the lower grade hotels when meanwhile the Grand Floridian is slowly apart at the seams.
                        Why in the world does a hotel room need a backstory?

The Contemporary rooms look amazing. I want to live there.
                        It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                          Why in the world does a hotel room need a backstory
                          They'll do anything these days to shoehorn in some characters, especially princesses!

Comment

I think this is a good thing. Keeping hotel rooms fresh all around is a great thing.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X