This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Walt Disney World Character Performer Auditions

So i'm 16 and 5'7. Im auditioning May 19 and on their site, it states "Applicants must be at least 16 and authorized to work in the United States". I've seen places that people say you have to be 18. I emailed disney and they said 18? I'm sure their wrong or they didnt understand my question. I'm sure its 16 because it says. And what is the audition like? And since im 16 what will i fill out in the application? Thanks

Re: Walt Disney World Character Performer Auditions

I'm pretty sure at Disneyland it's 18, at WDW it's 16 since they have so much more park to fill.

Comment

I second what BeautyandtheBeast said. They would probably prefer if you were 18 just because then you can move to Florida and work full time in the park instead of just seasonal or something like that.

Comment

So obviously I don't really know what the audition process is like firsthand but I've heard that they teach you a dance that's pretty easy and you try out in groups of about ten. I've also heard that its not that good if you're in the first group because then you don't have much time to practice. They make cuts and then apparently, those who made it through are taught more complex routines. I've heard that if you are a dancer then you will pick up the dances pretty easy. Apparently the routines are a lot of arm work. Also they're looking for performers who fit the "Disney" mold so make sure to smile and have fun with it! p.s. I checked out a few of your youtube videos and you're really good! I hope this helps a little, like I said this is just what I've heard so I don't really know. Good luck with the audition!!!

Comment

they're gonna put you in a group of about 50. put you in lines. and just look at you for a couple minutes. if you have the look they're looking for you'll move on to a next round and learn a dance routine, script, and do some improv. but they only pick about one person from each group of 50. they have VERY specific expectations.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X