This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Enchanted Tiki Room

Note that many years ago they did not allow food or drink inside Disneyland's Tiki Room either. I remember when they started allowing this and part of me was angry - not because of the trash that might be left behind but because the loosening of rules signified a lack of care of the overall experience.

Comment

I'm glad they brought the Original Sebastian Cabot Pre-Show but does anyone know if Pele actually set the water of Fire in the original?
      No he didn't. At least not to my recollection... and I saw the original Tiki Room show a LOT at WDW when I was a kid (was always a favorite attraction of mine when late 70's/early 80's).

Comment

Originally posted by Ice101 View Post
        With the fountain, I would consider this "Lite" version vastly superior to the Anaheim version. I hate how Jose forces you to sing along with the birdies and rushes the words "Lets all sing like birdies sing!" etc. It just kills it for me
        That's funny, because that's one of my favorite parts BECAUSE he's teaching us the words! I think it's fun- always have, since I was a wee lad. lol

Comment

just remember the disneyland show has been there since park opening! no wonder people prefer disneyland's pirates/haunted mansion/tiki room better
          Epcot rocks! I luv Capt Jack Sparrow, alongside Will & Elizabeth!
          twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
          myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
          Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
          youtube.com/svhwdwnut

Comment

^
            wait, what are you talking about
            The Tiki Room opened in 1963, 8 years after Disneyland's opening
            And just because several rides at WDW were cloned from DL does not neccessarily make the original Disneyland one superior

Comment

Sounds like the "singing flowers" segment was re-recorded entirely, in addition to shortening it. The new windows remind me of the ones in DL's Trader Sam's (0:15):

Inside Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                Sounds like the "singing flowers" segment was re-recorded entirely, in addition to shortening it. The new windows remind me of the ones in DL's Trader Sam's (0:15):

Inside Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel - YouTube
                Nothing was re-recorded. Just edited. I thought the same thing at first when the cellphone recording of the exit music surfaced last week, so I did a side-by-side comparison. It's all the original 1963 soundtrack, and the pre-show is the original 1971 version.

I'm wondering if the Barker Bird is coming back. I thought sure they would reinstall him once the Tiki Room reopened.
                temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
                  Nothing was re-recorded. Just edited. I thought the same thing at first when the cellphone recording of the exit music surfaced last week, so I did a side-by-side comparison. It's all the original 1963 soundtrack, and the pre-show is the original 1971 version.

I'm wondering if the Barker Bird is coming back. I thought sure they would reinstall him once the Tiki Room reopened.
                  Ooooh, I loved the barker bird! I can remember my sister and I hanging out in the waiting area longer than we needed to, just to make sure we'd heard all his jokes!

Of course, with the Magic Carpets there, it isn't really a happy space just to hang out and listen to the birdies anymore.

I originally thought that some things had been re-recorded, too, but I think it's just that the new sound system makes it sound a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by wdwnut4life View Post
                    just remember the disneyland show has been there since park opening! no wonder people prefer disneyland's pirates/haunted mansion/tiki room better
                    Since the 2007 refurbishment, most people prefer WDW's Haunted Mansion. You're right about the others ones you mentioned, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X