• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News The Enchanted Tiki Room

Source:

Time to celebrate!! :yea:

Re: The Enchanted Tiki Room

I just saw this on a friend's Facebook feed. About time they finally made it official. It was all but glaringly obvious.

Comment

Yeah, I saw it on Facebook, and was all "..whaaa??? *clicks through to DPBlog* ... WOAH!!" lol

Comment

Same here. Saw it on FB courtesy of Inside the Magic. However, I knew about it more than a month ago - and was told to keep it to myself.
        temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

This is great, I love how this all started with a fire in the attraction. I have never seen something happen like this before, and outside force closing an attraction, and bringing it back to its original version.

Comment

Yippee skippy! Praise jose, michael, fritz, and pierre!
            sigpic

Comment

Now while I'm not one of those who would "spit" on the new additions of the revamped Tiki room... well I can honestly say I'm happy and thrilled the original- I mean the "reminiscent version" is returning this summer. I'll be arriving in October for yet another Halloween-ish trip so by the time I arrive I'll get to enjoy the "classic" Tiki room at the Magic Kingdom.

I suspect there will still be something Disney film related in the attraction. Somewhere. Maybe not so in your face but hidden or part of the cast. I just can't imagine them stripping everything away back to what it once was.

What other birds would make a debut in the attraction. I can only think of those Pixar birds from that powerline short. A hidden disney gem.

Comment

With all the Orange Bird merch they've been putting out lately, I am REALLY hoping we get to see that little guy again. Even if he's just in the preshow or something. I remember meeting the walkaround character back in the late 70's.

As long as the birds aren't singing doo-wop & Miami Sound Machine songs (or ANY "modern" songs for that matter), I'll be happy.

Comment

Can't wait to see this back up and awesome!
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by migitmouse88 View Post
                    This is great, I love how this all started with a fire in the attraction. I have never seen something happen like this before, and outside force closing an attraction, and bringing it back to its original version.
                    "Outside force?" Sounds like it was God.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                      "Outside force?" Sounds like it was God.
                      "The Gods have been angered by this crappy replacement."
                      :P

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

Originally posted by migitmouse88 View Post
                        Not annouced officailly that it's the 'original' But Iago and Zazu are gone. and all the old show elements are back. Disney is very specific with their wording 99% of the time.

Imagination is just the start

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          With all the Orange Bird merch they've been putting out lately, I am REALLY hoping we get to see that little guy again. Even if he's just in the preshow or something. I remember meeting the walkaround character back in the late 70's.

As long as the birds aren't singing doo-wop & Miami Sound Machine songs (or ANY "modern" songs for that matter), I'll be happy.
                          What would be the point of including the Orange Bird besides just more of the "insider" details that are intended to distract people by showing how Disney is fans of Disney, just like you, instead of offering up something compelling?

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                            What would be the point of including the Orange Bird besides just more of the "insider" details that are intended to distract people by showing how Disney is fans of Disney, just like you, instead of offering up something compelling?
                            1) The character is cute.

2) He's a nice nod to the Florida location.

3) He encourages the consumption of a healthy fruit and/or fruit-based drink.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeNameMLS View Post
                              Not annouced officailly that it's the 'original' But Iago and Zazu are gone. and all the old show elements are back. Disney is very specific with their wording 99% of the time.
                              It's probably NOT the "original" original- it's probably the version that's currently playing at Disneyland, which is close enough to the original as to be indistinguishable to the casual observer.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X