This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Star Tours Opening Ceremony Live Webcast 5/20/11

There is a special Facebook page to watch the Star Tours opening ceremony webcast from Disney's Hollywood Studios. The ceremony is today, Friday 5/20 at 10:15am Eastern.

Star Tours - Watch Live Webcast | Facebook

Also: Disney Parks Blog will start their webcast coverage at 10:00am Eastern on their website.

Star Tours Grand Opening Webcast from Disney

They will also stream it on the Disney Parks YouTube page.

YouTube - ‪DisneyParks's Channel‬‏

Edit: Ceremony recap: http://www.wdwevent.com/startours/
    Last edited by OC2Epcot; 05-20-2011, 12:14 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Star Tours Opening Ceremony Live Webcast 5/20/11

Its also on the DisneyParkBlog omg im so excited for this XD
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Comment

There is a full screen capable (and Google TV friendly) version streaming at Disney's Hollywood Studios | Star Tours Grand Opening!

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Comment

Wasnt it meant to begin by now? D:
        Im excited alot :S.
        First time seeing a ride open live
        Here come's the bride.
        As long as we live.
        Till death do us part.
        You may kiss the bride.

Comment

I love the story crawl for Star Tours, just like the films.
          sigpic

Comment

Pretty good show. A lot of pre-recorded edited segments with lots of effects.

Anthony Daniels

The Earful Tower transforms into a landing pad for Darth Vader.

After Star Tours officially opens at the Disney Hollywood Studios, they say the next spaceport will
            open at Disneyland. Vader tells his men to set course for the Anaheim system, to stop it from opening.

Edit: The Webcast is currently repeating.
            sigpic

Comment

'the anaheim system...' line gave me a chuckle

Comment

Here's a video I found on youtube of the ride opening for guests at 12am this morning. Wish I could have been there.

YouTube - ‪Star Tours 3D Grand Opening Event at Walt Disney World‬‏

Comment

that was a cool video... miss fireworks at DHS.. that was pretty sweet looking

Comment

Let the funny caption contest begin:
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Here is the text of the opening crawl that rolled before the ceremony with the backstory for Star Tours:

sigpic

Comment

Those Star wars weekend announcers are so annoying and cheesy. I mean we are still recovering from the mistakes lucas made last decade and these corny announcers make a bad situation worse. They better not be coming to CA for the Disneyland opening ceremony. I hope its done abit more classier.

Comment

Does anybody know if there is a recorded version of the webcast? I am really excited to see it.

EDIT: I found it. My gosh what a mess that was. Considering how smoothly the opening of WOC went. This was just a hot mess. I really hope if Disneyland's has a webcast that it goes smoother.
                          Last edited by k_peek_2000; 05-20-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Darn it. Why didn't Vader blow up the Hat?

Comment

We rode the new Star Tours about 6-7 times (mostly during the week-long soft opening), and loved it. The new mixed and matched storylines are all a lot of fun (my favorite is the underwater sequence), and the graphics and 3D are top notch. I didn't notice much difference in the motion simulator movement.

One point that needs to be made: yes, there are many different storylines, but the variation is not as huge as one would expect, given that there are over 50 different combinations. Some of the differences will be pretty slight between given variations.

As far as I could tell, there are four planets visited in all, and I would have expected many more. Most variety happens in the middle of the story. The beginning of the story is usually the same, although you will occasionally get one in which the story takes a turn at the beginning. There are a few different endings.

After six or seven different ride throughs, we obviously didn't see all the possible combinations, but I'm pretty sure we saw pretty much all the sequences that were filmed, in one ride through or another. Hopefully, that is not too confusing a statement. Basically, this is light years ahead of the original, with far more re-rideability, and a home run for Disney.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X