Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

A few questions about eating, early access and transportation.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] A few questions about eating, early access and transportation.

    Hello,
    I will be going to WDW at the end of June and will be staying at the All-Starts Movies resort and I have a few questions:
    -Can we eat in another hotel?
    -If so does the restaurant in Port Orleans serve breakfast?
    -If not are there any good breakfast places in Downtown Disney?
    For early access:
    -At what time those it start and end
    About transport:
    -Those All-Star Movies have shutles to the park directly (and Port Orleans or Downtown Disney) or do we have to get to the transport hub?



  • #2
    Re: A few questions about eating, early access and transportation.

    You can definately eat in another hotel, or anywhere you like.

    You can check out menus for Port Orleans or any other hotel on the official WDW site, but you might find this list simpler to use: Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

    At Port Orleans, the sit-down restuarant does not serve breakfast, but the quick service locations do. The breakfasts seem to be pretty standard fare, so I can't imagine it would be worth the hassle to get to another hotel for breakfast, particularly if you are relying on the Disney Busses.

    There should be busses directly to the theme parks and Downtown Disney. If you want to visit another hotel, you have to take a bus to a theme park or DD, and then take another bus to the other hotel. It's not very efficient to hop from one hotel to another.

    It might be a better idea to plan lunches or dinners at alternate hotels. That way you could, for example, take a bus from your hotel to a theme park in the morning, take a bus to the alternate hotel for lunch or dinner, take a bus from the alternate hotel back to a theme park or Downtown Disney, and then finally take a bus back to your own hotel. To go "directly" from hotel to hotel is just not a good use of your time, generally speaking.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A few questions about eating, early access and transportation.

      Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
      You can definately eat in another hotel, or anywhere you like.

      You can check out menus for Port Orleans or any other hotel on the official WDW site, but you might find this list simpler to use: Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

      At Port Orleans, the sit-down restuarant does not serve breakfast, but the quick service locations do. The breakfasts seem to be pretty standard fare, so I can't imagine it would be worth the hassle to get to another hotel for breakfast, particularly if you are relying on the Disney Busses.

      There should be busses directly to the theme parks and Downtown Disney. If you want to visit another hotel, you have to take a bus to a theme park or DD, and then take another bus to the other hotel. It's not very efficient to hop from one hotel to another.

      It might be a better idea to plan lunches or dinners at alternate hotels. That way you could, for example, take a bus from your hotel to a theme park in the morning, take a bus to the alternate hotel for lunch or dinner, take a bus from the alternate hotel back to a theme park or Downtown Disney, and then finally take a bus back to your own hotel. To go "directly" from hotel to hotel is just not a good use of your time, generally speaking.
      Ok thanks for the informatoon but is there a good sit-down breakfast place in Downtown?


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A few questions about eating, early access and transportation.

        Originally posted by Twist1234 View Post
        Hello,
        I will be going to WDW at the end of June and will be staying at the All-Starts Movies resort and I have a few questions:
        -Can we eat in another hotel?
        -If so does the restaurant in Port Orleans serve breakfast?
        -If not are there any good breakfast places in Downtown Disney?
        For early access:
        -At what time those it start and end
        About transport:
        -Those All-Star Movies have shutles to the park directly (and Port Orleans or Downtown Disney) or do we have to get to the transport hub?
        The resturants are open to all.

        What do you mean early access? You mean extra magic hours? Those change daily - so check the WDW Calendar on the website to see the schedule. The paper schedules in the parks will also show you the times for the week.

        If you are the type that needs breakfast every day - and don't have a car - I would suggest getting food in the food court. You'll waste so much time moving around for breakfast because you won't have direct link access to most of the resturants. Save the sit-down breakfasts for a few specials.. like Tusker House at DAK or the like.

        Eating at the food court you'll get your fill and not have wasted a ton of time. The breakfast buffets at the parks/hotels are good - but pricey as the big ones are character meals.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A few questions about eating, early access and transportation.

          Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
          The resturants are open to all.

          What do you mean early access? You mean extra magic hours? Those change daily - so check the WDW Calendar on the website to see the schedule. The paper schedules in the parks will also show you the times for the week.

          If you are the type that needs breakfast every day - and don't have a car - I would suggest getting food in the food court. You'll waste so much time moving around for breakfast because you won't have direct link access to most of the resturants. Save the sit-down breakfasts for a few specials.. like Tusker House at DAK or the like.

          Eating at the food court you'll get your fill and not have wasted a ton of time. The breakfast buffets at the parks/hotels are good - but pricey as the big ones are character meals.
          Thanks for the information.


          Comment

          Ad Widget

          Collapse
          Working...
          X