Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One big waste of money

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Other] One big waste of money

    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 06-18-2011, 09:53 AM.

  • #2
    Re: One big waste of money

    This could be merged with any of the current WDW bashing threads in the forum right now.

    There's also a blog devoted to the "disco yeti" issue and other maintenance issues at WDW called the Disco Yeti Blog. I suggest checking that out. It's pretty funny and true to the point.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: One big waste of money

      ORWEN: Hi, Timmy! Us Cauldron girls feel your pain. We just swooped down into the Magic kingdom ourselves, today, and just got back home to Morva a few minutes ago. We agree that the refurb for Space Mountain wasn't anything to crow about.

      ORDDU: But on the plus side, we saw that the jumping Br'er Rabbit inside Splash Mountain was working--for today at least.

      ORWEN: But there were other effects that were not working inside Splash Mountain--such as the running shadows over the hill next to the tree house where the little bunny is sweeping his front porch.

      ORDDU: Perhaps you might consider a trip to Morva some day soon? The special effects I'm working on NEVER fail!!!

      ORGOCH: Got Life Insurance?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: One big waste of money

        Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
        But there were other effects that were not working inside Splash Mountain--such as the running shadows over the hill next to the tree house where the little bunny is sweeping his front porch.
        Dang, is that out again? It didn't work for years and then I was delighted to see it working again on my last couple of visits. But it's not working now??? That one is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

        (And yes original poster, the Space Mountain refurb is a big disappointment)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: One big waste of money

          Most of the money on the space mountain referb went to safety upgrades that are not visible to guests.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: One big waste of money

            ORWEN: Yes, lily23, duckling--the cute little running shadow effect was down today--June 18th, 2011. It seems to come and go. When we were there a month ago it was working but the jumping Br'er Rabbit wasn't. Now it's the other way around.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: One big waste of money

              Originally posted by KingEric View Post
              Most of the money on the space mountain referb went to safety upgrades that are not visible to guests.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: One big waste of money

                But you do it so well on many of your previous posts! I don't know why they spend the money the way they do - There is a list (on another site) that has all of the things on which maintenance is currently being done. I get the feeling that these projects get scheduled waaaay in advance - so the funds are committed and then other things come up. As for the Yeti - you can keep complaining until you're blue in the face - the process to fix this (as we've been discussing on another thread) may very well involve taking certain parts of the ride apart and rebuilding - I don't want the ride shut down when I there - what about everybody else? Most of us would rather ride it with the non-functioning Yeti that is only seen for a few seconds than give up the ride for over a year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: One big waste of money

                  ORDDU: I don't know about that celticdar, duckling. It's like asking if a witch would rather be married to a non functioning man just so she could make the honest claim of being married. But what's the use of being married if your man is non-functioning? It's the same with the Yeti. He needs to be functional, too, or guests are missing out on a lot.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: One big waste of money

                    Originally posted by celticdar View Post
                    But you do it so well on many of your previous posts! I don't know why they spend the money the way they do - There is a list (on another site) that has all of the things on which maintenance is currently being done. I get the feeling that these projects get scheduled waaaay in advance - so the funds are committed and then other things come up. As for the Yeti - you can keep complaining until you're blue in the face - the process to fix this (as we've been discussing on another thread) may very well involve taking certain parts of the ride apart and rebuilding - I don't want the ride shut down when I there - what about everybody else? Most of us would rather ride it with the non-functioning Yeti that is only seen for a few seconds than give up the ride for over a year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: One big waste of money

                      Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                      This could be merged with any of the current WDW bashing threads in the forum right now.
                      It's curious, don't you think, how threads detailing the condition of what's broken or below-par in Disney Parks are so frequently labeled "bashing," "whining" and "complaining," while threads that gush hyperbolic praise of the Parks are not labeled at all.


                      Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                      picky hardcore Disneyfan.
                      Good thread, and good post. But there are those labels again. Are you really "picky," with the often negative connotation that word carries... or are you perceptive, because over the years you've come to appreciate the details that make the Disney experience superior, and passionate about it because you care?

                      Are you really "hardcore," with the sometimes negative connotation that word carries... or are you a longtime, loyal Disney customer?
                      Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-20-2011, 12:31 AM.
                      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                      - Neil Gabler

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: One big waste of money

                        Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                        ORDDU: I don't know about that celticdar, duckling. It's like asking if a witch would rather be married to a non functioning man just so she could make the honest claim of being married. But what's the use of being married if your man is non-functioning? It's the same with the Yeti. He needs to be functional, too, or guests are missing out on a lot.
                        That comparison really doesn't wash (and don't call me duckling). Spending a lifetime with another human being hardly compares to ten seconds of looking at an audioanimatronic figure (right at the point, I might add, that most of us are more concerned with keeping our dinner down) on an otherwise excellent ride.

                        ---------- Post added 06-20-2011 at 10:57 PM ----------

                        Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                        It's curious, don't you think, how threads detailing the condition of what's broken or below-par in Disney Parks are so frequently labeled "bashing," "whining" and "complaining," while threads that gush hyperbolic praise of the Parks are not labeled at all.




                        Good thread, and good post. But there are those labels again. Are you really "picky," with the often negative connotation that word carries... or are you perceptive, because over the years you've come to appreciate the details that make the Disney experience superior, and passionate about it because you care?

                        Are you really "hardcore," with the sometimes negative connotation that word carries... or are you a longtime, loyal Disney customer?
                        Actually, I AM a hardcore Disney fan, some might say downright nerdy about it, and I don't think that requires me to be over-analytical about every single minute detail. I don't feel the need to send the corporate office a message with my attendance - that's because when I go I'm ON VACATION. I am so over the "I rag on Disney because I care" nonsense as well. Some people just like to complain and nitpick - which is their choice - but I believe it begs the question - If you think it's so bad, why do you go? Seriously, if you truly believe that these issues cause the parks to fail to live up to your expectations as a consumer, then what are you doing there? No one is going to enjoy everything about the parks all time (except maybe my nieces and nephews), and therefore, there's bound to be some criticism but the negativity on some of these threads borders on the ridiculous at times. (the non-functioning Yeti for example) If you listen to interviews of the people who designed the ride (not to mention, the dozen or so times we've had the discussion on this site), you'd realize that to fix that particular problem, they'll need to basically dismantle the ride and rebuild it. Maybe, it's on the list to be fixed in the future - Disney does tend to plan way in advance - we don't know what's on the list a year from now - we also don't know when the Space Mountain refurb got added to the list. Although, I have to say, if they're going to shut down Everest for a prolonged period of time, I don't want it on my vacation - just those of the people who complain ;-)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: One big waste of money

                          I really wish they would have not wasted the money on those queue games and instead added an onboard soundtrack

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: One big waste of money

                            Originally posted by celticdar View Post
                            ...there's bound to be some criticism but the negativity on some of these threads borders on the ridiculous at times.
                            In your opinion. Do you think that labeling the opinion of others "ridiculous," simply because they have a different opinion than yours, is constructive?
                            "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                            Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                            imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                            - Neil Gabler

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Last edited by deathcomesarippin; 06-21-2011, 01:51 AM.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X