Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Characters No Longer a part of Extra Magic Hours Evenings

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Characters No Longer a part of Extra Magic Hours Evenings

Effective immediately, Disney Character meet & greet opportunities are no longer part of Extra Magic Hours Evenings. My understanding is that this affects only the Magic Kingdom currently, but I haven't been to Epcot to see if the Character Spot is still part of Extra Magic Hours Evenings there. I don't know if Hollywood Studios even has characters out during their Extra Magic Hours Evenings.
    Last edited by Bill; 07-04-2011, 04:28 PM.
    -Bill

Re: Characters No Longer a part of Extra Magic Hours Evenings

Yeah, I had already heard that... though I never knew they were part of them to begin with lol!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I remember seeing characters out at MK during evening EMH in the past. A few years ago, I had a hilarious encounter with Goofy by the carousel. And I remember seeing Alice and the Mad Hatter by the Teacups.

Comment

Are we sure on this? Like.. are they just getting rid of the fantasyland characters(fab7)? Or is the town square theater closed too? I thought they kept that open for EMH. There was talk of closing it and putting mickey back with everyone else just because of low attendance but I hadn't heard anything else.

Comment

I just found out this is VERY true. EMH Meets are gone. My friend is friends with many of these characters and this is from a first hand source. Also gone are the Princes. All of them are no longer doing meets. As well as Wendy. But these characters will be included in the parades as usual.

Imagination is just the start

Comment

Originally posted by CodeNameMLS View Post
            I just found out this is VERY true. EMH Meets are gone. My friend is friends with many of these characters and this is from a first hand source. Also gone are the Princes. All of them are no longer doing meets. As well as Wendy. But these characters will be included in the parades as usual.
            They keep shaving off little by little, soon there will be nothing left...Seriously I understand that the Princes may not be the most popular characters and neither is Wendy, but that's odd for the Princess and Peter Pan Meet and Greets without their other halfs...

Personally I miss the old ways of EMH where it was just a few hours not till 3am or what have you, it seemed like it was more fun, and the parks seemed better cleaner and better maintained...
            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
            -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
              Personally I miss the old ways of EMH where it was just a few hours not till 3am or what have you, it seemed like it was more fun, and the parks seemed better cleaner and better maintained...
              Back in the day it was much better. It all has kinda gotten lazy ever since the last 'involved' Disney left. Budgets cuts are worse now then they were before the recession and the magic just isnt the same as it used to be. I was never a meet and greet kid but still like loads of people love it and for that family that is currently planning their trips with EMH in mind without this knowledge is just sad, i feel bad for them, mostly for the fact that they arent all on this site and are going to find all this out when they get to the parks. I dont think they should get rid of any of it just for the fact that its not fair for the families that want to get everyhting in and were counting on those EMH.

But as for everything else, im most upset that they changes the left side of Main st. into just 1 big Gift shop.

Edit: srry about the grammar errors

Comment

wait is Wendy gone all together? I surely hope not!

Comment

The last I heard, Wendy stopped doing meet and greets as of Oct 2010 but she's still in the parades. Flynn's last day in the parks was Saturday, however I heard that Eric and Naveen were still doing meets with their respective princesses. The other princes can still be seen in the castle show every morning. As for the EMH characters, were they ever out?! I stayed at the MK until 3 am the last time I went and I didn't run into a single character. Personally, I feel the characters are more for the kids anyway while the EMH are more for the adults/teens so they can ride the rides without waiting in two hour lines for a ten minute ride. If budget cuts have to be made, I would rather see the characters cut out of EMH so we can have more characters out during the day!

---------- Post added 07-06-2011 at 07:27 PM ----------

P.s. Wendy is also in the castle show.

Comment

Wait. Does princes include Beast? Because I wouldn't technically call him a prince, other than the fact that he is one. He's more of a...well, a beast. I mean, the same could be said for Aladdin. He was a prince, but you can still meet him!

Comment

Another decline by degrees.

The epcot monorail will also shut down earlier, even when MK stays open. This is reportedly to allow for more time for monorail maintenance (which admittedly they do need)
                      Kevin Yee
                      MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                      Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                      Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                      Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                      Mouse Trap
                      Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                      101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                      Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                        Another decline by degrees.

The epcot monorail will also shut down earlier, even when MK stays open. This is reportedly to allow for more time for monorail maintenance (which admittedly they do need)
                        Just read on another site evening Extra Magic Hours will no longer have the monorail at all. 1 hour after regular park closing for both EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom. While I have read the monorails are overtaxed, still not cool. Why pay for a monorail hotel if you can't use the monorail? Especially since the hotel guests are the ones benefiting from Extra Magic Hours anyway. And Buses or boats - which means the Contemporary will be walking only from the Magic Kingdom? As a DVC member whose home resort is BLT - not happy with this at all.
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Weird.. You'd think that for those hotels they could keep it up at least.. Have 1 or 2 monorails running on the resort-only track and say no stops at the TTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
                            Wait. Does princes include Beast? Because I wouldn't technically call him a prince, other than the fact that he is one. He's more of a...well, a beast. I mean, the same could be said for Aladdin. He was a prince, but you can still meet him!
                            Sorry, didn't think about that! I meant specifically Prince Charming, Prince Philip, and Snow White's prince. Beast can still be seen in the parks, as well as Aladdin and Eric. Beast in human form, I don't think, has come out for meet and greets in WDW in many many years. I mostly see pictures of him in Paris (or the HS stage show). Naveen's hours have been cut back though so he is only available after 5pm. Flynn, John Smith, and Shang are all no longer available in WDW (except during special events, like MNSSHP and MVMCP).

Comment

I don't have anything about the beast. I could find out. and that really sucks about the monorails. that's gunna get annoying for me, I was planning to stay in the park for EMH to get better night time photos and I guess i'll just have to deal with the ferry boat.....

Again about the meet and greets it seems they're taking the old characters out and replacing them with new characters. get rid of the prince bring in Phinious (spelled that wrong) and Ferb.

P & F aren't bad additions but like It's upsetting to see some of these characters leave. Like I never got to get a photo with Mickey and Minnie over by Splash Mountain, but I highly doubt that photo spot is coming back.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X