Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DaytonaFirecracker 400/Magic Kingdom trip reprt July 1st-4th(camera phone lotsa pics)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report DaytonaFirecracker 400/Magic Kingdom trip reprt July 1st-4th(camera phone lotsa pics)

Ok so after a Looooong night at work Thursday I didn't get off of work until 0230 because of the storms here in Chicago :sad: I went home and I packed for a quick weekend trip to sunny Central Florida, primarily for the Firecracker 400 race thats held every Saturday 4th of July weekend but we decided this year to stay an extra night because well who wants to stay up all night and go to the airport to catch an originator back home???

So after hopping on the 0605 flight from Chicago Midway to Tampa we were off on our adventure!!!(sorry no pics of takeoff or landing I slept the entire flight)

Picking up our rental car at 0900 EST I drove from TPA to WDW where we were staying at Old Key West Resort, this resort is older but still one of my faves I just love it here, so relaxed and quiet..

After checking in we decided after getting some groceries(what my aunt calls going on a Beer Run) we went for a quick dip in the pool, though we ended up not swimming too much because of the rain so we ended up working our way through the drink menu at the bar..
    MY dad and uncle after said working through the bar menu...

after swimming for a bit I went up and took a quick nap while it started raining again..

For dinner we ate at the Yachtsman and though expensive...OMG was it DELICIOUS!!!! Sorry I don't take pics at the table its rude..

after dinner we went to check out the wares at Downtown Disney and I saw that they put up some new LEGO sculptures

I love these things they are so cool!

after decided on that there was really nothing to do or see at Downtown Disney and not buying anything except 5 cigars at Sosa he has some of the best handrolled cigars I've ever had..(all the other stuff was blah, and you could get the same C*** at the parks as my Dad pointed out) we went back to the room and caught some Zs for the race the next day..

After the 45 min drive from OKW to Daytona Beach we were at the race..

Obligatory pic with said Cigars...Me, my uncle Greg and my Dad

After enjoying the race the next day we decided on going to the Magic Kingdom...We got up at 10 and headed to IHOP on Apopka-Vineyard Boulevard and ate breakfast(it's cheap and it tastes good) by noon we were at the TTC

Hopping on the monorail express we go inside just in time to catch the middle of the afternoon parade(I didn't even catch the name I believe though it's called celebrate!?!?!??)

then it was off to Tommorrowland for Space Mountain

We had some fun in line with the new interactive qeue even though it was corny it did make waiting in the tunnel less boring a bit I guess

Waiting in line don't we look ready to go???
    after getting mad at the fact that FastPass was shifted into BOTH qeue's instead of just the Omega Qeu and deciding amonst ourselfs that the system stinks and should be done away with we got into our car on the Alpha side...

After this we headed off to the Teacup's

Love this ride but my aunt opted out because she get's sick easily and well we like to spin really really fast!

after the Teacups it was a quick jaunt off to It's a Small world for a happy journey!

in this qeu we really started noticing that people have no common manners anymore, leaving their trash in the line, as a former CM this made me mad but I picked up the other's trash anyways and tossed it in the trashcan that was 5 feet away!
    (don't we look happy in the boat??? it was quite a tight fit for us four adults)

Time for one of the two rides I worked on THE HAUNTED MANSION!!!

thought this photo inside the qeue was cool enough to take it's all of our reflections in the horseless hearse

thoughts on the new interactive que and the new Hitch Hiking ghosts...New interactive qeue was WAAAY too compacted to really do anything for me and you could tell alot of people around us thought the same...the new Hitchhiking effect was pretty cool we all thought so anyways I think it's kind of fun to end the ride like that...
    after that it was off to the other ride I worked at the Coo Coo Choo Choo aka Big Thunder Mountain R.R.

my aunt and I were in the car together

(they did fix the black tarp by replacing the rock, but the falling rocks effect still isn't working)
    after that we were off to Pirates and here none of my pics turned out :sad:

After Pirates we went to the train as we had FastPasses for Splash in 35 minutes, love how they decked out the train

After the train we went onto Splash Mountain!

Most of the effects were working again..except for the one I listed in the flaws thread I won't list them here as this is just for FUN!!! and here we are all soaked

My dad got it the worst though! hehehehehe

after Splash it was off to Dumbo for some odd reason my aunt's favorite ride..
    my aunt and uncle on Dumbo

my dad took control of our elephant

and broke it so it wouldn't go down oops...

after that we had an ice cream on main street and then we watched the fireworks display, but my phone was dead so that's the end of the photo's...

the end of the line for this trip report!!! had fun maybe go in Sept for the Halloween party with the gf ......
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Re: DaytonaFirecracker 400/Magic Kingdom trip reprt July 1st-4th(camera phone lotsa p

Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Re: DaytonaFirecracker 400/Magic Kingdom trip reprt July 1st-4th(camera phone lotsa p

Damn, what kinda camera phone you got? my smart phone's photos are so grainy and choppy and blurry.

Comment

Space Mountain fastpass goes to both sides. There is a ratio to keep so fastpass goes to which ever side is moving. If it was a 50/50 ratio the fastpass line would be longer than standby.

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
          Damn, what kinda camera phone you got? my smart phone's photos are so grainy and choppy and blurry.
          Thanks! I got a Droid X...it has a 8.0 MP camera as well as can take HD video

Originally posted by WdwTland View Post
          Space Mountain fastpass goes to both sides. There is a ratio to keep so fastpass goes to which ever side is moving. If it was a 50/50 ratio the fastpass line would be longer than standby.
          yeah I just think that the entire system needs to be looked at and tweaked or done away with...the wait times were not bad, but still the FastPass system made wait times longer for everyone not just the stand-by line...I was thinking that on Space the should have kept FastPass on the Omega side the entire time, and the Alpha side just for the stand-by line...
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
          -George S. Patton

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X