Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide to Drinking Around the World...Epcot's World Showcase, That Is!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Guide to Drinking Around the World...Epcot's World Showcase, That Is!

I decided to write my guide to Drinking Around the World in Epcot. I have some tips in here that I think are pretty good (the importance of starting in Mexico, certain drinks to avoid, when to hit Table Service restaurants instead of drink stands, etc.)

I apologize in advance for contributing to the downfall of Walt Disney World by creating an article that *gasp* assists adults in enjoying Walt Disney World as well. To counter this article, I swear my next one will be about why Dumbo and Peter Pan's Flight should be the only attractions in WDW.

Guide to Drinking Around the 'World in Epcot's World Showcase - Disney Tourist Blog
    DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

Re: Guide to Drinking Around the World...Epcot's World Showcase, That Is!

great article tom! cant wait for the desserts version

Comment

Great info!

I had the pleasure of drinking around the World when we went for my brother's birthday. We started late in the day, and kind of rushed it. We weren't sloppy, but we were def feelin it!

I agree that the 'ritas from the cart are pretty sweet, and not a lot of punch to em. But that Blood Orange 'rita sounds AWESOME!

Tell me, do you know if they still serve Strongbow at the Rose and Crown?

Another suggestion I would make is try and get a Priority Seating time at the R&C right around Illuminations time, but hit Canada before you sit down for dinner. You may be jumping out of order, but there is no better way to enjoy Illuminations than with a Shepherd's pie and a cold beer!
      The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
        great article tom! cant wait for the desserts version
        This is the one I want to try next time I'm there.

Drinking around the world is especially fun during Food and Wine - extra booths to sample!
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
          This is the one I want to try next time I'm there.

Drinking around the world is especially fun during Food and Wine - extra booths to sample!
          Ooh sounds veryy tempting, but far to much travel for me. I would probably cheat and buy all the cupcakes in my adventures then eat them all in one sitting one after the other in my hotel room .

I would love the food and wine festival booths but i feel like the crowds would just ruin it for me . i hate having to wait 30 mins in a line just for one snack and this is why I usually go to disney in off season

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post

I would love the food and wine festival booths but i feel like the crowds would just ruin it for me . i hate having to wait 30 mins in a line just for one snack and this is why I usually go to disney in off season
            Actually, I've been there twice, and never really had a problem with the crowds. If you start early, it's really not too bad.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              Actually, I've been there twice, and never really had a problem with the crowds. If you start early, it's really not too bad.
              Really, I guess I was just scared off by a few horror stories then . That makes it a for sure must do then as I am a definite lover of food

Comment

My only change would be to get a mixed drink or shot in England. Take advantage for the full bar at Rose and Crown. The shot I had there I will never forget!
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ok I have to disagree with you about the beer in France. My absolute favorite beer is Kronenbourg 1664.

BTW, anyone know if they serve Peroni in Italy. That's my 2nd favorite beer.

And be careful about mixing beer and other liquors. I can't do that as it makes me sicker than a dog. Some people can tolerate it fine, others not so much.

Comment

thanks for the article link! my boyfriend and I are planning on going to orlando next year and really wanted to do a drinking around the world showcase thing-y; but since we don't know the area, this article is super helpful to know the types of drinks in each area with some helpful advice. I'm really excited to go to WDW now (not that the thoughts of drinking all day is what gets me excited..the idea of being at disney world is exciting!)

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      Ok I have to disagree with you about the beer in France. My absolute favorite beer is Kronenbourg 1664.

BTW, anyone know if they serve Peroni in Italy. That's my 2nd favorite beer.

And be careful about mixing beer and other liquors. I can't do that as it makes me sicker than a dog. Some people can tolerate it fine, others not so much.
                      I can't remember whether they serve Peroni in Italy. I think so, but don't quote me on that!

Good call about mixing alcohols. For some people, that's a recipe for disaster!

Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

Comment

I'll print this and save it for when I go next time. I'm much more of a cocktail/shots guy, but my friends enjoy beer. very cool, thanks!

Comment

Is there a version of this for California Adventure? Drinking around California?

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                            Is there a version of this for California Adventure? Drinking around California?
                            Not yet, but good idea! We definitely didn't get sufficient drinking "practice" while at DCA to be able to write a high quality guide. Plus, Bayside Brews and Paradise Garden have both opened since then (although I've had all of the beers they offer in the real world, so maybe I could write this guide...hmmm...).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X