Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Building "Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid" at Magic Kingdom Park

From the Disney Parks Blog:

"Our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) recently created a behind-the-scenes video on the creation of New Fantasyland to feature within the exhibit at . (This attraction showcases Disney milestone projects of the past, and now includes a preview area of exciting projects WDI is currently working on at Magic Kingdom Park).

Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid is one of many attractions planned as a part of the Fantasyland expansion currently taking place at Magic Kingdom Park. The new Fantasyland is set to open in phases beginning in late 2012."

Here's the video:

" I fight for the users"

Re: Building "Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid" at Magic Kingdom Park

Looks to be a AWESOME exterior and looks like it will be an exact carbon copy of the great dark ride just opened here at DCA. Jealous of that exterior for sure, so huge, detailed with the rockwork and awesome, although ours is unique and beautiful in DCA.

Comment

Re: Building "Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid" at Magic Kingdom Park

Meh.

Comment

Well looking at the exterior and queue I almost feel like DCA got robbed again.
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

It may be an almost exact copy from DCA on the inside, the outside looks spectacular! And the Que looks kind of interesting as well! ^^I'm gonna have to agree with the person above me.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
            Well looking at the exterior and queue I almost feel like DCA got robbed again.
            Robbed again? What's this in reference. If TSMM well, each fits their respective land but I feel ours actually fits the Midway/Seaside Pier theme completely. Does DHS have a better queue, well there's more to look at but DCA definitely has it beat with the exterior building and it actually being a full fit. With TLM, MK wins that one. Ride fits better in the land with a much better exterior, although both exteriors fit their respective parks. I prefer the execution MK TLM to DCA (not saying DCA's is bad) and seeing this does make me wish we either got ours in Fantasyland at DL or as this in DCA with that side of PP being turned into more of a beachside setting as opposed to being the pier amusement park (and the rockwork could have made a perfect transition from GRR, but I'm good with the almost 6 acres of detailed rockwork with RSR). Oh well both are great and on the inside it'll be the same which is great for both parks.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
              Robbed again? What's this in reference. If TSMM well, each fits their respective land but I feel ours actually fits the Midway/Seaside Pier theme completely. Does DHS have a better queue, well there's more to look at but DCA definitely has it beat with the exterior building and it actually being a full fit. With TLM, MK wins that one. Ride fits better in the land with a much better exterior, although both exteriors fit their respective parks. I prefer the execution MK TLM to DCA (not saying DCA's is bad) and seeing this does make me wish we either got ours in Fantasyland at DL or as this in DCA with that side of PP being turned into more of a beachside setting as opposed to being the pier amusement park (and the rockwork could have made a perfect transition from GRR, but I'm good with the almost 6 acres of detailed rockwork with RSR). Oh well both are great and on the inside it'll be the same which is great for both parks.
              This could explain my discontentment with the new Paradise Pier. It doesn't seem to advance itself in the retheming other than altering the architecture and putting Disney characters everywhere and nothing else. I like your idea of what Paradise Pier should've been.

Anyway getting back to MK's TLM, we don't know if the concept art will match up to the final product in detail. No concept art I have seen for DCA's version came anywhere near close to that final product. But I am quite intrigued by 1:13 in the video. It looks like there might be a boat or gondola tour going around the waters in that version. I say to myself "that looks waaay too good" to be what will actually be built in MK. In fact, that looks waaay to good to house just a dark ride in MK...this is like Tokyo Disneysea good. But only time will tell I guess.

Comment

The MK version might actually turn out better than DCA's. They have a chance to correct some of the issues that people have raised when it comes to the first version.

Comment

People's biggest gripe with the DCA was the "Love's First Kiss" scene and lack of Urusla's fight/demise (I'm actually a fan of the way they did it on the attraction but this was a big gripe of people) and judging by the layouts of the ride on the video, it's the same exact layout. There's other things like lighting (which to this day is still being adjusted) that can be fixed but queue and load area (which looks awesome at MK judging from that concept art in video) aside I am going to assume this ride will be 90-100% the same.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X