Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowling Alley coming to Pleasure Island?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Bowling Alley coming to Pleasure Island?

I'm visiting some friends in Orlando for a couple days (all who work in some capacity at WDW Resort). One of them asked me, since I was the only non-cast member who knew what was going on in the parks (THANKS MICE CHAT!), "What have you heard about a bowling alley going in at Pleasure Island?"

So I ask you,fellow MiceChatters, what's the scoop? Is a bowling alley coming to PI?

Thanks!!

sigpic
    May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

Re: Bowling Alley coming to Pleasure Island?

you can read about it in this thread http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...rojects-3.html
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I posted this in What's Missing in Downtown Disney...

Splitsville bowling, billiards, dining and dancing coming to Downtown Disney

Jul 122011 Filed under: Disney, Downtown Disney, Sports Posted by: Matt Roseboom

A new experience is coming to Downtown Disney West Side in 2012. Splitsville, which features bowling, billiards, dining and nightlife will be opening.

The Disney Parks Blog reports that Splitsville will open in the current location of Ridemakerz, which is also where the Virgin Megastore used to be located. Ridemakerz custom remote control and toy cars will be moving to the Marketplace side of Downtown Disney.

Construction on Splitsville is set to start this fall. Above is an artist’s rendering from the Disney Parks Blog which may change before the opening.

In other Downtown Disney news, the Harley-Davidson store recently moved from Pleasure Island to the West Side. A new ladies boutique called Apricot Lane will be opening in the space formerly occupied by Harley-Davidson.

The Disney Parks Blog also stated that they’ve identified opportunities to further refine their master plan for changing Pleasure Island into Hyperion Wharf and construction has stopped while they evaluate them. Disney said details about the changes will be coming.

For more information about Splitsville, you can visit their website at splitsvillelanes.com. They currently have two other Florida locations, one in Tampa and one in Miami. Below are some photos from their website of the Tampa location.

This will still not save Downtown Disney. Just saying.
      Last edited by JMora; 07-12-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

The Bowling Alley won't be In Pleasure Island, It's going to be in Westside.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

We have a Splitsville in Tampa and while I personally haven't been there yet, I heard it's really nice and a lot of fun. More upscale than your normal bowling alley. I look forward to checking it out once it opens. I *love* to bowl (even though I suck at it). I've had my own ball and shoes for around 20 years now.

Comment

So are they doing this one instead of the proposed 100 lane alley at the espn wide world of sports complex?
            The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
              The Bowling Alley won't be In Pleasure Island, It's going to be in Westside.
              Yep we heard about this in our meeting Sunday morning. it's going in the old Virgin megastore.
              AKA doombuggy
              1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC Star Wars Celebration

Comment

there has to be something else going in above it as well though I would assume. there is no way any bowling alley could take up that much space ever.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                  there has to be something else going in above it as well though I would assume. there is no way any bowling alley could take up that much space ever.
                  You haven't been to many bowling alleys then. Based on what I read about the Splitsville concept I was thinking the former Virgin Megastore space was too small. The pictures on their website only shaow about 6-10 lanes. While growing up in Chicago I used to go to one bowling alley that had 62 lanes, another had 80, but the average was 16-32.

Besides bowling, Splitsville also has a restaurant, a bar, dancing and billiards. The restaurant and bar will probably eat up most of the space.

Best of all, all their locations have a policy that no one under 21 after 8pm, and at all times prior to 8pm, those 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult.

Comment

I for one can't wait for this. I think this is a great idea for DTD.

Also, I'm in the same boat that it Might be to small of a space. It may only be a 10 lane alley, I can see that in there, and possibly and upstairs in half the building so the restaurant can be expanded to be a decent size.

Imagination is just the start

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X