This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Test Track

When i was looking on google i saw that in january 2012 they will do some MAJOR retheming. is that confirmed yet or is it just people being stupid?
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

Re: Test Track

that is correct. They are going to get the system upgrades that have been developed thanks to Carsland, but GM wants a new attraction that is a lot fresher than what is currently there.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Wow. Tell me more. I haven't heard of this.
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

Comment

This is interesting... I don't even think that it needs a refresh...

Comment

Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride

sigpic
          Love for all and all for love

Pluto's #1 fan!

Duffy + Disney Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by LilTeacup View Post
            Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride Please dont be made into a cars ride
            That's a fantastic idea! However, if GM wants to stay in it... I don't think that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by LilTeacup View Post
              I'm with ya....

Comment

Highly doubt it will be turned into a Cars ride.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

I don't want them to turn it into a Cars ride. But if they do at least do it right. Show how racecars prepare for a race or something like that, don't make a ride themed to Mater.

Or just keep the original theme and change it up a bit with no character additions.
                  "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

I think it would be cool if they refreshed it so it was more modern maybe remodel the cars to look more like a Cadillac CTS, one of the best cars GM has recently had also a refresh would be welcome because eventually the banter through the ride, though fun gets old after the first 20 times riding it...all thrill rides need a little freshening up every now and it's time for test track.
                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                    -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                      Highly doubt it will be turned into a Cars ride.
                      Given that Carsland will be in CA. This actually makes sense for the east coast. Besides Toy Story Mania and the retooling of the car stunt show, the east coast doesn't have a lot of stuff related to the Pixar property.

Comment

It isn't going to be a Cars overaly.. it is just going to be a tweak. They are going to shift it from testing to assembling (i believe correct me if I am wrong). They ride vehicles are getting major upgrades and the queue and preshow are changing.

The post show is going to remain the same.

Pretty simple in all honesty, nothing too radical.
                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by thedude76 View Post
                          Given that Carsland will be in CA. This actually makes sense for the east coast. Besides Toy Story Mania and the retooling of the car stunt show, the east coast doesn't have a lot of stuff related to the Pixar property.
                          I consider this a good thing. I mean sure some Pixar rides are good and all but I don't wanna see a park rampaged with lands themed to certain Pixar films or have Pixar property entirely take it over like with DCA. I heard ugly rumors of the possibility of adding an entire Carsland to DHS. Pray to any god you know that this never happens or that Pixar Place will hold back the Pixar takeover.

The current version of Test Track is a better fit for the concept of Future World than any Cars theme ride would be.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                            It isn't going to be a Cars overaly.. it is just going to be a tweak. They are going to shift it from testing to assembling (i believe correct me if I am wrong). They ride vehicles are getting major upgrades and the queue and preshow are changing.

The post show is going to remain the same.

Pretty simple in all honesty, nothing too radical.
                            That makes a lot of sense.
                            DisneyTwins
                            Since May 2003

Comment

Anyone know how long it will take for the refurb/reworking will take? I am going to be there in June of 2012 and would love to ride it since I never have! My one shot at it I got in the car and it started raining so they pulled us all out and I never got a chance to ride it!
                              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X