This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Character Guide

My best friends and I are off to Walt Disney World for the first time August 23-29 for their wedding. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good character guide as to where in the park we can meet certain characters. We have 3 characters that we really really want to meet, Sleeping Beauty, Belle in her blue and white dress and Wendy. We are doing two character meals the princess lunch in Norway and 1900 park fair breakfast with Alice the morning of the wedding as a bridal breakfast. Any help would be awesome!!
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

Re: Character Guide

You may find this guide handy, though it hasn't been updated since November 2009 and some of the info is definitely out of date. Among lots of other things, it's missing a few locations for Sleeping Beauty (listed as Aurora) and Belle. You can always find the most up to date character greeting information on the latest Times Guide for each park (though they're not exhaustive and some characters/locations may be left off).

Belle and Sleeping Beauty will both be at your Princess Lunch in Norway, though I'm not sure what outfit Belle will be wearing (if I had to guess, I'd say her gold ball gown). I don't believe there will be any princesses or Wendy at the 1900 Park Fare breakfast (unless you consider Alice to be a "princess").

I can tell you that the most reliable location for Belle in her blue and white dress (sometimes with the Beast, sometimes not) is at the France pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot. If you get a Times Guide upon entering Epcot, you'll be able to see exactly when you can meet her - even better, the lines usually aren't too bad there. Though it's not listed in the guide I linked to above, Aurora will also be there and her greeting times will be in the Times Guide as well.

You can also find both Belle and Sleeping Beauty at the new Princess Meet and Greet in Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., except that Belle will be in her gold ball gown at that location.

According to the linked guide above, you can often find Wendy "Near Tinker Bell's Fairy Treasures in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom" except that that store no longer exists (a victim of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique). Sadly, she may have been retired as a meet and greet character. Peter Pan sometimes hangs out near the entrance to Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom, so if Wendy were to randomly show up somewhere, it'd most likely be there. I also know that you can at least see Wendy every day in the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade at the Magic Kingdom. If no one else here has any info on Wendy, I'd contact Guest Relations and see if they can help you - if she's no longer available, use that opportunity to let them know you want her back!
    Last edited by PSUMark; 08-01-2011, 12:22 AM.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, All the characters are good and I know the characters for the 1900 Park fair breakfast are Alice, the Mad hatter and Mary Poppins. We picked that one cause it matched the theme of the Bridal shower I threw her last month. I hosted a mad tea party in her honor. We are in Epcot the first day so we will keep our eyes open. I know at one time you could meet Wendy in the UK pavillion and in Adventureland in the Magic kingdom but I'm not sure if that is still the case

Comment

I don't know about Norway's dinner, but Belle usually does the meals in her blue dress because the sheer size and weight of the gold one is too much for the smaller squeezes between tables. Belle also comes out in her blue dress in France. Aurora/Sleeping Beauty can be found in France, Norway's meals, and the princess meet and greet station mentioned earlier. The last I heard, Wendy no longer does meet and greets as of October 2009. She may have become a Halloween only meet and greeter. She does still appear in the parade and also in the castle show Dream Along With Mickey. If you go to the Magic Kingdom early enough and are in the front, sometimes they let the characters go off the stage for pictures (not sure why only sometimes, possibly rain because there are fireworks used in the show). Wendy used to come out with Peter, Hook, and Smee in Epcot during the flower and garden show, but I haven't seen them there since the fairies took over (and she went back to London). I would say that Epcot is your best bet for Belle and Aurora while the castle show is your only option for Wendy.

Comment

Originally posted by harpist1991 View Post
          I don't know about Norway's dinner, but Belle usually does the meals in her blue dress because the sheer size and weight of the gold one is too much for the smaller squeezes between tables.
          So I looked it up and apparently what outfit she wears depends on whether she's the princess you get your picture with before the meal, or whether she comes and visits your table during the meal. If it's the former, she's in her gold ball gown, if it's the latter, she's in the blue and white dress for the reason mentioned by harpist. Belle is apparently the most common pre-meal character FWIW. So you may or not see her with the blue and white dress at Akershus - if not, France isn't far away!
          Last edited by PSUMark; 08-01-2011, 06:31 AM.
          I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
          -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for everyones help!!!

Comment

We have lists of where you can meet specific characters (or all the characters for a resort) on our site (links in my sig)... as far as Wendy... she is sometimes out with Peter Pan in Fantasyland but you have to be lucky :/
              Have a magical day!
              Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Comment

So helpful, thank you! We are taking my computer so I am going to book mark your page. I think it will be very helpful!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X