X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monorail Peach

Originally posted by PSUMark View Post
    The idea behind it is not that it's unsafe for guests to be located in the front, but that it's unsafe for guests to be in the same cabin as the pilot as it creates a potential distraction for the pilot.
    This holds no water, as Disneyland allows guests to ride with the pilot. You can come up with as many excuses as you want as to why guests can't ride up there, but what it boils down to is this: Almost a perfect record for 40 years, and only for 2 of those years guests have not been allowed up front. The technology wasn't even as good prior to the 90s. It's time to move on and let MAPO do its job... disallow passengers in the cab when MAPO is disabled. But there is no reason to do it 100% of the time. Except maybe lawyers. :P
    -Bill

Comment

It's the new relationship between the company and the consumer. Communication is one-way, and it doesn't matter what the communication is, a communication was issued, and that's it. It doesn't have to be sensible.

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Ernestine

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        This holds no water, as Disneyland allows guests to ride with the pilot. You can come up with as many excuses as you want as to why guests can't ride up there, but what it boils down to is this: Almost a perfect record for 40 years, and only for 2 of those years guests have not been allowed up front. The technology wasn't even as good prior to the 90s. It's time to move on and let MAPO do its job... disallow passengers in the cab when MAPO is disabled. But there is no reason to do it 100% of the time. Except maybe lawyers. :P
        Hey, I never said I agree with it or think it makes sense - I'm just explaining what Disney's rationale is. Don't shoot the messenger...
        I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
        -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
          Shameless Plug! lol That monorail on your site looks a lot like monorail Choral.

Welcome to our community! We're glad you could join us!
          HAHA! It wasn't really intended to be a plug, moreso of a sharing! Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Well there had to be an insurance claim of some form made after the crash. My guess is the insurance company threatened to charge a huge premium on the policy if guests were continued to be allowed in the front/rear nosecones.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
              Well there had to be an insurance claim of some form made after the crash. My guess is the insurance company threatened to charge a huge premium on the policy if guests were continued to be allowed in the front/rear nosecones.
              WDW is self insured. It does not carry insurance because it has the fiscal means of covering its loses. It can just pay for incidents and accidents as the occur rather then paying Millions to an insurance company annually to cover a 43 square mile property just in case.

The policy was put in place as soon as the system began operating after the accident. This was no doubt done to let the drivers operate the trains with out having to face questions from guests about that accident. Two years have past, and I think there were would still be questions today. Peach being added to the fleet, returning the number of trains back to 12, bring back into light the accident and why we only had 11 for awhile. Maybe in another years time or so, once all 12 are operating well outside the shadow of this tragic event, they will once again allow cab rides.

Comment

Originally posted by HardCard View Post
                Here's a picture I took of peach in the maintenance area yesterday... Looking good! Just needs a stripe!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12614[/ATTACH]
                It looks so Naked without the stripe

nice capture...hope that it's in service soon enough
                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Guest to this day are still talking about the accident. Guests don't belong in the front, and I believe they are not allowed up front so the drivers don't have to deal with that added stress. Quite a few of them knew Austin, and it's still hard to this day having to deal with stupid questions regarding the accident. I've even seen Guests pull out there cellphones and show other Guests video of the accident. That reason alone is why there doesn't need to be any Guests in the front.

Comment

Guests are not allowed to ride in the front since the Federal Government acknowledged that the Walt Disney World Monorail System is actually a Transportation System. It used to be classified as an attraction. It transports over 22 million people per year. With that said, like all other transportation systems, planes, trains, boats, buses etc, passengers are not allowed to ride in the front with the pilot/operator. Just as you cannot ride with the operator of your local subway system, or ride in the cockpit of an airplane, you cannot ride with the monorail pilot. Buses now require everyone to be behind a yellow line. The operator/driver/pilot have enough to worry about than the distractions from guests.

The Disneyland Monorail System is still considered a THEME PARK ATTRACTION since it is located inside Disneyland and in order to ride it you must purchase a ticket to Disneyland, and the Monorail is listed as an attraction in Tomorrowland.

The Walt Disney World Monorail is used to get from the parking lot to the theme parks or hotels. The purchase of a theme park ticket is not necessary, and the monorail can be used to get you from point A to pint B or point C

Comment

Working...
                    X