Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Working hours for the mouse?

Okay, so this may have been asked before, I couldn't find it when I searched it though, but I'm thinking of going to audition for a Disney face-character. But that's not what the question is about, not about the audition that is. I'm a college student who goes to school at really strange hours.

I was wondering if anyone has worked as a face-character or in general and if they knew how the part-time schedule work? Like could they work with my strange schedule?

Tuesdays from 6:30/7 till whenever
    Wednesday from 2/2:30 till whenever
    Thursday all day
    Friday all day

I COULD work weekends but I'd really rather not, I need time for homework and it would be the ONLY time I'd have to see my family.

I don't want to work full time just part time. Sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm just really curious on how lenient they are with scheduling. (Especially with it going into the 'off season' )

Re: Working hours for the mouse?

Disney tends to be real harsh on people regarding times, but I've seen people who go to school and work at Disney part time. The only thing I've heard from those part timers is the lack of hours (not assigned enough). It could be way different in the character department though.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

It could be different for entertainment, but for every other line of business you have to provide 3 full days of availability. Essentially 3 days that they can schedule you at any time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren Lazar View Post
        I COULD work weekends but I'd really rather not, I need time for homework and it would be the ONLY time I'd have to see my family.
        From experience, if you are newer than a few years as a CM, you WILL be working weekends and every single holiday. It's unfortunate because like you said, weekends are for family-time.

They'll probably like that you are available all day Thurs/Fri. I wouldn't even give them any of the Tuesday availability, but Wednesday starting at 2 is good as well. Be prepared that they will require your weekends since you don't work another job those days. They don't take any other excuses. Especially for orientation which is over the weekend, and I was told if I could not make that, then I would no longer be offered the position. Unfortunately I had a test at school on one of the days and just barely got by on rescheduling. The people at scheduling are a little distant because they're so busy, and sometimes you have to call several times to get things fixed.

I would audition regardless of your concerns! If not just to see how auditions are, what you will be expected to do (I'm sure you're researching like crazy) and if the job is even what you really wanted. You can always decline if later you don't like the terms. Plus, the audition would be much less stressful if you aren't putting absolute pressure on yourself. If the job is your ultimate dream, then working weekends and holidays isn't so bad.

Comment

Still audition, but unless your crazy good and there desperate to have you, youll have to work weekends, sorry to be abit of a downer.

Comment

give at least one weekend day!

Comment

Working...
            X