Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The least crowded time to visit Orlando Theme Parks is coming up...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] The least crowded time to visit Orlando Theme Parks is coming up...

...next week. In fact, attendance is even down this week. But historically, the least crowded time to visit any Orlando theme park is the week after Labor Day. That's coming up quick, and this week and 2 weeks after Labor Day will also be quiet... not as dead as the week after Labor Day, but still... it's gonna be quiet! Please note that Labor Day Weekend itself is not nearly as crowded as the weekdays after Labor Day... but it's not busy by any means.

So if you're a local and haven't seen Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey yet, or just want to go see the return of the Tiki Room, or perhaps ride Space Mountain over and over until you throw up, now is the time to do it!

I know, you're going to ask, "Bill, how crowded is it, really?"
    Well, average wait times for 95% of attractions will be 3 minutes or less. The top 5%? About 15 minutes. (The top 5% for wait times are attractions with bad capacities & pre shows like Soarin', Mission: SPACE, and Toy Story Midway Mania)

Just remember to bring a sturdy golf umbrella with air openings. I recommend Totes brand. And keep an eye on that radar!
    -Bill

Re: The least crowded time to visit Orlando Theme Parks is coming up...

Bill speaks the truth!

There are so few "off-season" weeks anymore, thanks to free dining and other promotions, that it's a relief to see one come up soon!
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

What are the temperatures like?

Comment

Very good news, since we'll be there from the 5th until the 15th!

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
          What are the temperatures like?
          About 90 in the day, 75 at night.
          -Bill

Comment

Hi new to forum, although i constantly read threads

great to hear! we will be there from sep 3 to sep 10 hopefully crowds are as you mention can't wait!!

Comment

I would have loved to go around this time next year, but pretty sure I need to wait until new FL is finished

Comment

Working...
              X