Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

    its official now so all the crazy rumors can finally stop. the new Disney promotion is purchase a three day, three night vacation package and receive the fourth day and night free. in my opinion this is great news and one of the better promotions Disney has done in recent years, what are others thoughts?

  • #2
    Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

    What do I think?



    That's nowhere near enough time in WDW....

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

      I guess my info was 1 day off lol... so Buy 3 Days get the 4th day free.
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

        Ouch.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

          It seems like the promotions they've been doing for years now.
          DisneyTwins
          Since May 2003

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

            Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
            its official now so all the crazy rumors can finally stop. the new Disney promotion is purchase a three day, three night vacation package and receive the fourth day and night free. in my opinion this is great news and one of the better promotions Disney has done in recent years, what are others thoughts?
            Not really... in 09 and 10 they were running buy four days, get three free... and 5/2 specials.

            This new promo only equates to 25% off.. which isn't much at all compared to most promos they run.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

              Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
              Not really... in 09 and 10 they were running buy four days, get three free... and 5/2 specials.

              This new promo only equates to 25% off.. which isn't much at all compared to most promos they run.
              really? i don't recall those specials. were they perhaps related to park tickets alone as this deal is different due to the fact it includes both park tickets and hotel stay.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                really? i don't recall those specials. were they perhaps related to park tickets alone as this deal is different due to the fact it includes both park tickets and hotel stay.
                Nope - they were the typical buy your hotel+ticket packages that Disney always pushes as their main product.

                Even see a thread on MC about it
                http://micechat.com/forums/orlando-t...et-2-free.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                  That's not much of a deal in my opinion. You need more than 4 days to get a full vacation out of WDW.

                  I went in 2009 and did the buy 4, get 3 free. Now THAT was a deal! We saved so much money!
                  "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                    If no one slows me down I can pocket WDW in 4 days but Id just rather stay for 7.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                      Like I posted in the other thread, this deal is a deal intended to wein people OFF discounts.
                      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                        hey i thought the catch was you could only travel from feb 26 through march 10 2012. Not much of a window to save or get an "extra day". Plus for those of us who like to travel mid summer or fall, well this promotion really doesn't help us at all. I can only suspect Disney is testing Jan to see how many people jump on this offer to see if it will be extended throughout the rest of the year.

                        This offer is great for those who live nearby for the 24 hour event or will be traveling in the area for a longer period of time to be able to take part in this deal. For those of us living out of state and are not in the area during the 13 or so day promotion, well this deal means nothing.
                        Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 01-01-2012, 01:26 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                          Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                          its official now so all the crazy rumors can finally stop. the new Disney promotion is purchase a three day, three night vacation package and receive the fourth day and night free. in my opinion this is great news and one of the better promotions Disney has done in recent years, what are others thoughts?
                          Plus the whole 24 hour thing on the 29th of February.

                          Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                          Not really... in 09 and 10 they were running buy four days, get three free... and 5/2 specials.

                          This new promo only equates to 25% off.. which isn't much at all compared to most promos they run.
                          This even went all the way back to 2002 to help recover from 9/11; I remember booking it then!
                          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                            Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                            Like I posted in the other thread, this deal is a deal intended to wein people OFF discounts.
                            Eric,

                            Some serious weaning going on here.

                            I grabbed the offer quote off the Disney site:

                            Purchase a non-discounted 3-night, 3-day Magic Your Way package at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights February 26 to March 10, 2012 and get One More Disney Day and night for free. Book through January 31, 2012.
                            I put in bold the kicker.

                            Now, the challenge will be going through all the math to figure out what deals make sense in 2012. Is it better to take the discount above or stick to the 30% room discount?

                            So I ran a deal through for the Polynesian for two adults for the default days (2/26-3/1), and I came back with this price: $2,065. And that's before airfare and rental car. So for two adult four day passes and four nights hotel stay, that's a little bit over $500 a night. That seems really high given all the construction work in progress during that period. So if I were to add to that two plane tickets, I'm up almost another grand. And if I add $100 a day for food for that period, that's another $400ish, And if I add a rental car, that's gonna be another $300ish as well. And this trips assumes that I will not spend a few days over at Universal. The trip would come close to $5k for only a few days for two adults. If I add kids, this vacation would run nearly $8k. That's a lot of cash.

                            If folks are going to spend that much money to go on vacation, then they're gonna expect a very good show. If they don't receive a good show when they go, then folks will probably get more vocal about the little flaws moreso then when vacation packages were heavily discounted.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                              Thedude... that argument could be made about disney offering discounts during non peak periods in general. That's not really a unique argument about this promotion. And the sky hasn't fallen with what people find in the parks during those periods.

                              I think this will become a marketing wrapper for all the discounts they will offer later in the year. Gives it a 'face's they can market with and simply change the dates/terms as needed through the year.

                              ---------- Post added 01-01-2012 at 11:20 PM ----------

                              Good travel agents will.steer their clients appropriately. I think this is too close to influence most travelers and wont make much of an impact at all. And the audience for the 24hr promote are the diehards anyways. No promos needed to attract them

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                                Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                                hey i thought the catch was you could only travel from feb 26 through march 10 2012. Not much of a window to save or get an "extra day". Plus for those of us who like to travel mid summer or fall, well this promotion really doesn't help us at all. I can only suspect Disney is testing Jan to see how many people jump on this offer to see if it will be extended throughout the rest of the year.

                                This offer is great for those who live nearby for the 24 hour event or will be traveling in the area for a longer period of time to be able to take part in this deal. For those of us living out of state and are not in the area during the 13 or so day promotion, well this deal means nothing.
                                Perfectly Said.
                                DisneyTwins
                                Since May 2003

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                                  Just proves, you gotta do the math.
                                  BarbaraAnn

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                                    Originally posted by Twist1234 View Post
                                    If no one slows me down I can pocket WDW in 4 days but Id just rather stay for 7.
                                    7? Still not enough! :razz:

                                    We did 9 glorious days, all spent solely at WDW... and at the end of January, to boot. We had such a great time, not having to rush in the least bit (especially taking advantage of evening EMH) and getting to do EVERY ride, show, parade, shop... yeah- it was wonderful. And I can't imagine doing it any other way.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: New Years Eve makes new promotion OFFICIAL

                                      Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                                      7? Still not enough! :razz:

                                      We did 9 glorious days, all spent solely at WDW... and at the end of January, to boot. We had such a great time, not having to rush in the least bit (especially taking advantage of evening EMH) and getting to do EVERY ride, show, parade, shop... yeah- it was wonderful. And I can't imagine doing it any other way.
                                      Like I said: I can pocket it in 4 days if I rush. Id rather not but I can do it. Plus I find 7 to be good, especially considering how staying on the darn resort in the first place cost so much.


                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X