This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What do you guys think of Disney Quest

I've read some good and bad reviews on it by different magazines and critics but I was wondering what you guys (the real pros) thought of it. I've never been there before and honestly its hard for to grasp and pinpoint exactly what it is... but I'm going to Florida in a few shorts weeks so I'm not sure if I should check it out or not. I'm 22 and I love every single disney attraction from dumbo all the way to space mountain, so is Disney Quest something you think I'll enjoy?
    I Have the Best Job in the World.

Proud to be a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad

Re: What do you guys think of Disney Quest

It's basically an arcade.. plus some game types that you wouldn't find elsewhere due to the technology and scale of the game.

There are things with virtual reality, classic arcade game, etc. If you've ever gone to something like a Dave & Busters and enjoyed yourself.. you should like it. If you don't like games, it would only be a passing interest to you.

Basically - don't throw away a day at the parks to go there, but if you have time to kill it's a different type of diversion.

Comment

I don't like DIsneyQuest. I lose too much money there

Comment

I've been there a couple times and have had fun. Yeah it's basically an arcade... kind of like Dave & Buster's, which has been mentioned. Besides the video games though (which are included with admission), there are several virtual reality experiences, some are pretty cool and some are hilariously outdated. My personal favorite area was the one with all the retro 80's video games. Took me back to my youth of hitting the mall with a ton of quarters in my pocket and hanging out in the arcade all afternoon. There's a restaurant in there that used to be themed to Alice in Wonderland and was run by Cheesecake Factory (was my first experience with their cheesecake... OM NOM NOM!), but it's called something else now and I think run by Disney.

As stated, don't waste an entire day here, but if you really want to check it out, take an evening, have dinner somewhere at Downtown Disney and then check out DisneyQuest for a few hours of fun as they're open until 10 or 11pm every night.

Comment

If you are going there and have the multi-day ticket that includes it, then it is good for the days when it is raining. That's what we do when we go to WDW... if it is one of those times when they are having lots of rain we go to Quest because you are dry... but other times it really isn't worth it.

One big problem is that it can be very crowded or almost empty.. when its almost empty its great because there is no wait for any of the rides or stuff... but it is really crowded it can be very bad.

I'm also not sure how some of the ride will hold up now that people have things like Kinetic in their own homes. It was one thing when you could get in the simulated river adventure and control the game by acting like you were paddling... but when you can do similar things with an Xbox I'm not sure of the big draw anymore.

Comment

We saw the building when we were there last week, but didn't want to spend around $45 each (there were 3 adults and 1 child in the group....sidenote: our 10-year old grandgirl is considered an adult) to go in and see what it was about. We had about 3 hours before our but to the airport and it didn't see worth it.
            sigpic
            Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I don't think it's worth the price of a one-day admission but if you have a multi-day park hopper ticket, I'd probably recommend being at Disney Quest when it opens for the day, staying a couple hours, then going to one of the theme parks or water parks.

Comment

You only need like 3-4 hours in an evening to do everything. I don't know what kind of arcades people go to because it is WAAAYY better than an arcade. They have things like virtual Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. Highlight is a build your own roller coaster and the simulator isn't lame, it actually loops and stuff.
                Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

I'll go to DisneyQuest once every year or two. My girlfriend and I most recently ran through the place in less than two hours back in November (only because we had time to kill and admission was included with our Premier Passports). Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam is a lot of fun, the arcade games are great, and I love the X-S Tech references around the Invasion! attraction, but there's not much else to it for me.
                  - GO GATORS -

Comment

OMG the Mighty Ducks pinball game! That thing is EXHAUSTING! Definitely a good workout. First time I ever played it, I had absolutely NO IDEA what I was doing but somehow managed to win! Ha! My legs were like rubber and my lungs were on fire afterwards though.

Comment

If you already have it included as part of your "water parks and more" option, it's worth checking out as part of a visit to Downtown Disney. I like the Pirates 3D game. And the place is certainly nirvana for arcade fans.

Comment

I would only go if it's included with your tickets. My favorite part is desgning a rollercoaster as you get to ride it loops and all. but not worth a price tag. For free sure go check it out!
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

Working...