This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] If I Were King of the Magic Kingdom

This thread has been made in response to a section in the Samland blog called "If I Were King of Disneyland" (http://micechat.com/blogs/samland/33...isneyland.html), to which I have made contributions myself.

Anyway, in this thread, I will answer the question, "If I were king of Walt Disney World, and I could do anything I wanted and didn't have to worry about budgets and politics (because I am the one who sets all of them and I could do what I wanted with them as I saw fit), what would I do?"

The answer to this question lies in this thread, and I challenge you to answer the question yourself: what would you do?

Let's begin with the Magic Kingdom, the first park to come and the one to draw fifteen million guests each year.

For one thing, given the often punishing weather of Florida, all materials would be fixed or replaced with other materials so that they won't rot away.

Meanwhile, on Main Street, I was really obsessing with trying to take Walt Disney: One Man's Dream out of the Studios and bringing it here to the Magic Kingdom instead. But the only real logical spot for it has been taken over the Mickey meet-n-greet. Then I thought (or rather, someone else thought at first) maybe I could break up the show and exhibits into various smaller exhibits and scatter them to all the parks and themeing them all appropriately. In the case of the Magic Kingdom, there will be a special exhibit on the theme parks in general and Disneyland in particular and calling it Walt Disney - One Man's Vision: Disneyland. It would go into the Main Street Cinema. It wouldn't need a big theater for the movie on it, just a small screen and some various exhibit artifacts here and there, maybe even a scale model of the Disneyland of Walt's dreams (something like the scale model of the park at the Disney Family Museum in San Francisco).

More to come later! In the meantime, what you do if you were ruler of the Magic Kingdom?
    Last edited by Disneylandfan85; 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Re: If I Were King of the Magic Kingdom

i would personally construct Western River Expedition, bring back Mr. Toad, and construct a storybook land type attraction there, redo the small world facade, add a WOC type show to ROA

Comment

ORWEN: If I were the ruler of the Magic Kingdom I'd be a QUEEN! Anyway, I would leave the Snow White Scary Adventure attraction where it is and find some OTHER place for the upcoming princess meet 'n greet. I would also replace Spectro Magic with an even better night time parade. I would replace the current stage show in front of the castle with something new and fresh. I would get rid of Stitch's Great Escape along with the Monster's Inc Commedy Laugh Floor with much better attractions that had a wider appeal. I would want those two Tomorrowland attractions to be entertaining as well as educational and focused on something more futuristic. I would also lower the admission prices so that more people could afford to come through the front gates and make sure all attractions were better maintained so that guests didn't have to pay such high prices only to see broken down rides!!!

Comment

agree with you i do

Comment

Discworld. 'Nuff Said.

Comment

Ok here is what i would do:

Main Street:
            1. Add Eddison Ave to connect Main Street to Tomorrowland

Adventure land:
            1. Change the Jungle Cruise into a Indiana Jones Jungle Cruise with upgrades like no one has ever seen, turning the vehicles amphibious and expanding it even more.
            2. Remove Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride
            3. Add an Aladdin dark Ride
            4. Turn the Tiki room into a Dinner Theater with live entertainment with the animatronics
            5. Restage, and add to Pirates

Frontier Land:
            1. Move Winnie the Pooh to Frontier Land
            2. Add a wild west stunt show
            3. Bring canoes back
            4. Add the western River expansion
            5. Upgrade and install a new show at the Country Bear Jamboree
            6. Move the Hoop Dee Doo Musical review into the Golden Horse Shoe

Liberty Square:
            1. Replace the Hall of Presidents with a American Legends and Tall Tales show
            2. Add a Sleep hollow dark ride
            3. Add more authentic artisans to the area

Fantasyland:
            1. Bring back Mr. Toads Wild Ride
            2. Bring back the skyway
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
              ORWEN: If I were the ruler of the Magic Kingdom I'd be a QUEEN!
              'Tis a glorious thing, I ween,
              To be a regular Royal Queen!
              No half-and-half affair, I mean,
              No half-and-half affair,
              But a right-down regular,
              Regular, regular,
              Regular Royal Queen!

My short list:

Increase the maintenance budget. My park would be as pristine as human hands, paint, and replacement parts could make it.
              Increase staffing levels overall, both to make a better guest experience and stimulate the local economy.
              Fountains! Even if I have to station a security guard by each one to keep it clean and accident-free.
              Put a show back in the Diamond Horseshoe.
              Impose a consistent design aesthetic throughout Tomorrowland.
              More street performers, and more watercraft on the Rivers of America.
              Bring the Penny Arcade back to Main Street, and generally try to plus the old-timeyness.

Comment

ORDDU: Winnie the Pooh has no business being in Frontierland, KingEric, duckling. You must have been under an evil spell when you suggested that.

ORWEN: Thank you for your nice song, ttitagel, duckling. I guess it suits me. I mean, if I were Queen of the forest, I'd sit next to the cowardly lion, too!

Comment

Another thing I'd do is, wherever possible, revise all the contents of the stores, especially those on Main Street, to only sell what the store says, not just everything in every store. The one exception will be the Emporium, which will become the Magic Kingdom equivalent of the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney. Of course, I really have no idea what stores are (still) there, so any ideas would be great.

3. Splash Mountain
                  4. Mad Tea Party
                  5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

What I would do if Was King of the Magic Kingdom.....

Main Street USA-
                    1. Return the Walt Disney Story to the Main Street Theater (Exposition Center)
                    2. Return the Cinema to being a Cinema
                    3. Get rid of the Move It Shake it Celebrate it show
                    4. Bring back the Main Street Vehichles.

Tomorrowland-
                    1. Update the architecture so that it all matches again. Maybe returning it back to the original design
                    2. Open the Tomorrowland Terrace as a full-time restaurant again
                    3. Replace the Monsters Inc Show with something better
                    4. Update and renovate Carousel of Progress
                    5. Improve or replace the Speedway.

Fantasyland-
                    1. Rebuild Mr. Toad
                    2. Find a place or way to incorporate Storybook Gardens.
                    3. Pinocchio's Daring Journey

Liberty Square & Fronteirland
                    1. Add another riverboat
                    2. Bring back the Diamond Horseshoe or something similar
                    3. Restore Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island
                    4. Remove the boardwalk area
                    5. Update/restore/change the Country Bear Jamboree
                    6. Re-Imagine Tom Sawyer Island

Adventureland
                    1. Remove Aladdin's Flying Carpets
                    2. Reopen or re-use the Adventureland Verandah as a restaurant or shop instead of meet and greet areas
                    3. Re-work Pirates of the Caribbean to include the missing elements from California
                    4. Re-imagine the Jungle Cruise into something more thrilling

Throughout the entire park.....
                    1. Remove the Outdoor Vending. An occasional popcorn, or ice cream, or Coke cart or is fine, but when they start serving 3-course meals use a vacated restaurant space instead.
                    2. Re-merchandise the shops with merchandise appropriate for the themed areas. in other words not the same merchandise in every single shop.
                    3. Limit the sizes of the strollers and ECV's. They are getting to be SUV sized.
                    4. Enforce, bring back, the policies of not bringing in outside food to the parks
                    5. Eliminate entirely Fast Pass
                    6. Expand the food menus to something more than Hamburgers/Chicken Fingers/Pizza for QSR locations and Character Buffets for TSR locations.
                    7. Return park benches to areas
                    8. Trees in the Central Hub again, and in many other areas where they were removed leaving vast expanses of shadeless areas.

I have a lot more ideas as well.

Comment

Main Street:
                      1. move the backstage management parking to the other side of the train tracks and add an extension of main street here that connects to tomorrow land.
                      2. move the emporium complex to said area and bring back original main street attractions and some new experiences
                      3. add street-mosphere performers (this is throughout the park except for fantasy land which would have more walk around characters instead)
                      4. move one mans dream to the side street along with a small dark ride or show of some kind, undecided as of yet
                      5. bring back the sword in the stone ceremony (and the paintbrushes on the island to)

Adventure land:
                      1. expand pirates (new expansion not DL style)
                      2. new show for tiki room
                      3. remove magic carpets and Arabian theme, replace with a center piece to the area and leave the way it is to reduce traffic
                      4. re route the parade starting area and add a jungle book dark ride

Frontier Land:
                      1. create a need for people to go to tom sawyer island and bring aunt polly's back to life
                      2. heavy refurb on splash mountain
                      3. bring back the canoes
                      4. bring a show back to the diamond horseshoe

Liberty Square:
                      1. add a sleepy hollow mini land on the top half of the larger island, including a sleepy hollow e-ticket and a draw bridge that connects the two parts of the land.

Fantasyland:
                      1. put a dark ride in the old snow white building (either a new toad, Pinocchio, or an Aladdin genie adventure
                      2. add a princess meet and greet to the expansion or possibly in the castle somehow
                      3. add another dark ride or two near teacups where the speedway used to be

Tomorrow land:
                      1. move laugh floor to DHS and add a new ride of some sort in here
                      2. move the speedway back to the other side of the tracks and use futuristic cars (electric, hydrogen, ect)
                      3. add some more displays and action to the people mover
                      4. create a new attraction for where the speedway used to be

thats all i can really think of right now but im sure more will come to me later[/QUOTE]

Comment

Of course, I would also update a LOT of the old classics, including some that really need help badly. These include the Country Bears and the Carousel of Progress. I will put up special sections on them later.

3. Splash Mountain
                        4. Mad Tea Party
                        5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

I see lots pf people remembered something important I forgot - moving the Aladdin spinner!

Comment

I have a plan for Space Mountain. Recently, it was renovated, but this new version of the ride will not only refurbish the ride, but it will almost be rebuilt from scratch, rather like what happened to Disneyland's Space Mountain in 2005. In a break from the past, the old double-track structure will be completely scrapped and replaced with one long track. The rockets will be replaced by new rockets that, like all the rest of the parks, will seat two across each row in the rockets. The new track will also remove any bumps of the past and become much, much smoother, probably about as smooth or even smoother than the one at Disneyland. For good measure, a new ride soundtrack will be added, but since the ride structure is somewhat larger than in Disneyland, the ride will most likely be longer and so that will entail a brand-new soundtrack different than what is at Disneyland. The queue will also receive brand-new interactive games and the queue, not unlike Disneyland, which is set in Space Station 77, will be set in Starport 75.

What do you think of this idea for a radically altered Space Mountain?

3. Splash Mountain
                            4. Mad Tea Party
                            5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Overall
                              1. Improve maintenance and show quality standards.
                              2. Bring in Disneyland's more advanced firework system.
                              3. Remove the Dining Plan and Fastpass altogether.
                              4. Overhaul transportation to and from the TTC to cut down on wait times.
                              5. Themed and elaborate trash cans returned park wide.

Main Street U.S.A.
                              1. Bring back individual shops with unique items.
                              2. Restore The Walt Disney Story.
                              3. Restore the Main Street Cinema to it's rightful glory.
                              4. Add a Starbucks or similar coffee chain inside the Bakery.
                              5. Bring back trees to the hub.
                              6. Bring back the Plaza Swan Boats.
                              7. Main Street vehicles and trolley continue use past the early morning.

Adventureland
                              1. Aladdin's carpets are demolished and plaza restored.
                              2. Caribbean Plaza returned to original glory.
                              3. Pirates of the Caribbean upgraded to digital audio and original show scenes returned.
                              4. Tiki Room's transformation to the Disneyland version is completed. This includes the fountain returning and Dole Whips allowed in!
                              5. Veranda Restaurant reopened as a Polynesian themed restaurant similar to Ohana's.

Frontierland
                              1. Burning cabin sent back ablaze.
                              2. TSI given major refurbishment with Aunt Polly's reopened.
                              3. All effects on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder restored to 100%, I can't stress this enough. Both have looked awful in recent years.
                              4. Canoes and Keel Boats returned to the river.

Liberty Square
                              1. Haunted Mansion's new queue, either force people to use it or demolish it, pick one.

Fantasyland
                              1. Return Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to the land. When Snow White leaves use that building to make a new Mr. Toad.
                              2. Add a tunnel to the Fantasyland area of the WDWRR so guests aren't passing under an overpass during the ride through.
                              3. Add the Matterhorn! I don't care that DLR has it or that DAK has Everest, the ride is an amazing classic that is sorely missed.

Tomorrowland
                              1. Record a new Peoplemover Spiel in the style of the TTA '94-'09 version.
                              2. Indy Speedway demolished and replaced with a new 200k Leagues ride.
                              3. Alien Encounter is restored and Stitch is finally given the boot.
                              4. MILF and Buzz Lightyear are gutted and replaced by a Tron dark ride.
                              5. Carousel of Progress given a major refurbishment with final show scene replaced by a decade depicting some point between 1980 and today.
                              6. Space Mountain given major refurbishment to be stylized similar to it's superior Disneyland counterpart.

Comment

Originally posted by ecdlanddude View Post
                                3. Remove the Dining Plan and Fastpass altogether.
                                I don't know about the Dining Plan, but I kinda like Fastpass. It can help relieve people of standing in lines.

3. Splash Mountain
                                4. Mad Tea Party
                                5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Working...
                                X