X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has DCA Surpassed DHS?

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
    I actually see far more potential in the future of DHS then at DCA. Primarily for two reasons 1) DHS has more space to work with and 2) on a land per land basis DHS has more to work off of as opposed to tearing things down and starting over. Future DHS expansions will guaranteed include finishing off Pixar place with most likely the long rumored monsters inc door coaster and possibly a RSR clone or some other pixar attraction in the area and possibly a GMR overhaul in the near future. other possibilities that are viable, and have been widely rumored would include a muppets mini land at the top of SoA, a new backlot tour starting in the land beyond LMA opening up its current area for a new land, the extension of the current fantasmic overhaul to receive DL's updated version, and an overhaul of the ABC commissary area with a replacement for sounds dangerous. thats not even including slightly less likely possibilities such as lucas land in echo lake, and the resolving of the roger rabbit dispute to allow his addition to sunset blvd. With DCA after this expansion I see no real change at all in its future, therefore over the next year DCA will most likely overtake DHS temporarily, but in the end DHS will return to its current position on a more permanent basis, i firmly believe that.

There's certainly more potential in ALL of Walt Disney World. Whether or not management can deliver is the question. Walt Disney said of Florida: "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine."

If that was true, they would have something as amazing as Tokyo Disney Sea's Mysterious Island... which is an entire land INSIDE a volcano! I'm still in amazement of that.

And now directing our attention to DHS... it has the land. But does it have the theme? Sure they can finish Pixar Place and add more rides but how random and clumsy is that? It's no better than a "working studio" theme. What DHS needs to do is think of worlds and lands that guests would want to see and do. They have the power here to do what Universal did with Harry Potter but with an amazing tapestry of films to work with.

What Fantasyland does with the many animated films, DHS can do with their live action films. Obviously we have a Honey, i shrunk the kids area... how about Dick Tracy?
    How about Tron?
    How about Roger Rabbit's Toon Town?
    How about the Muppets (now that they own them)?
    How about Rocketeer (I'm thinking South Seas Club and a Rocketeer inverted flying roller coaster)?
    Nevermind Narnia.
    Pirates... would be awesome but best to keep it in Adventureland.
    How about John Carter?

Or how about animated films that don't fit in with Magic Kingdom lands?
    Treasure Planet?
    Atlantis?

... bad box office doesn't mean bad idea. I could see potentially fun and amazing attractions stem from those properties that could bring new life into them.

And of course there's the Indiana Jones and Star Wars properties.

So you're right. DHS has amazing potential. And being "hollywood", they can do ANYTHING tie-in and hardcore fans can't complain about any of it. I think much like DCA, they should keep one land devoted to a Studio Backlot theme. I think it's enriching to have education about these things while having fun and it's also fun to see props and sets from familiar films.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
      And now directing our attention to DHS... it has the land. But does it have the theme? Sure they can finish Pixar Place and add more rides but how random and clumsy is that? It's no better than a "working studio" theme. What DHS needs to do is think of worlds and lands that guests would want to see and do. They have the power here to do what Universal did with Harry Potter but with an amazing tapestry of films to work with.
      I personally believe the theme should be kept as is and the concept itself tweaked. instead of a "working studio" DHS becomes a living embodiment of old Hollywood. the best part about this is TDO barely has to do anything to make this happen, just adjust the themeing slightly in a few places and make a new back lot tour themed to old Hollywood times and your golden. from there you can have the individual attractions interact with guests separately from the landscape as you are essentially directly entering a movie that's exploded into this golden age Hollywood reality as opposed to a "hot set". you dont want to over invest in a franchise or movie, because if the idea flops, the ride isnt as popular as expected/has issues. or the movie fades faster then expected you loose ALL of your new draw power and in turn if you want to correct the problem you have to start entirely from scratch instead of a different ride experience or tweaking of theme. this is where disney has gone very, very wrong with examples in cali like bugs land and cars land and in florida with Avatar. In the end on top of all this, unless the ride/movie ends up being a serious classic it will eventually be replaced, its easier to deal with a new ride then a new land every time.

Comment

You don't need a working studio to tell the story of hollywood magic and history IMO

The farce is what hinders DHS not the topic.

Comment

Working...
        X