This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Recent Aerial View of FL Expansion and MK

I'm normally not much of a 'reposter' but these images are just too stunning to not share.

It's great because it shows you what the real footprint of the snow white coaster will be, as well as what the landscape around the TLM will be.

Check out how MASSIVE that bridge is!

Also, the Dumbo structures look like it's really going to be a very different view.. no more 'flying over FL'.. almost 3/4 of the circle will be facing something up close.

The images were shared by users on other sites. Be sure to click on the link on the flickr urls and see the images full size! Full credit to the original owners.. let them know you like 'em on their photosites!

Fantasyland from the north | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Original size - All sizes | Fantasyland from the north | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Main Street to Fantasyland | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Fantasyland Expansion | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This one was also shared... very unique view!

The new train station

Village..
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Re: Recent Aerial View of FL Expansion and MK

Great pictures, it's amazing how much work has been done since my last visit in December.
    also I seen a picture with the original dumbo base in place now
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Comment

The mine coaster is smaller then I expected. And I expected small. I have been saying from the very beginning that comparisons of any type to BTMRR seemed lofty at best and set unrealistic expectations. I see this may have been more accurate then I would have liked. Considering that within that space, they also have to have train storage, The coaster looks to be only barely larger then Barnstormer. Between Barnstormer and BTMRR indeed, but MUCH MUCH MUCH closer to Barnstormer.

Comment

Thanks so much for posting these - it gives one a much better perspective of the actual size of the expansion, which is HUGE!
        I haven't seen any evidence of "utilidors" beneath the surface, anyone know if they're under there someplace?
        Last edited by ScottG; 02-05-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
          Thanks so much for posting these - it gives one a much better perspective of the actual size of the expansion, which is HUGE!
          I haven't seen any evidence of "utilidors" beneath the surface, anyone know if they're under there someplace?
          None to my knowledge.. we didn't see any escavation for it. The area will have backstage access.. and basically sits right next to the utildors road entrance.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

That makes sense - thx Flynnibus.

Comment

ORDDU: Those pictures look suspiciously like the one's my sisters and I took while we were flying over the Fantasyland expansion project on our broomsticks, recently. Oh, well, we don't mind sharing what we get to see all the time.

Comment

I've never been to WDW and now I wanna go!!!!! Thanks alot -_- lol

Comment

these photos are awesome
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

ORDDU: So are you, your Majesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
                      The mine coaster is smaller then I expected. And I expected small. I have been saying from the very beginning that comparisons of any type to BTMRR seemed lofty at best and set unrealistic expectations. I see this may have been more accurate then I would have liked. Considering that within that space, they also have to have train storage, The coaster looks to be only barely larger then Barnstormer. Between Barnstormer and BTMRR indeed, but MUCH MUCH MUCH closer to Barnstormer.
                      im assuming there will be above ground work as well, you can see the footprint extends further out towards the speedway then the excavation entails, we really have to wait and see you cant just base the future of the attraction on some basic excavations, it hasn't even gone horizontal yet let alone vertical.

Comment

There are foundations poured in areas of it.. and you still gotta put foundations in for above grade stuff too. Based on the concept art and these images.. I don't see it expanding beyond that footprint much at all.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                          There are foundations poured in areas of it.. and you still gotta put foundations in for above grade stuff too. Based on the concept art and these images.. I don't see it expanding beyond that footprint much at all.
                          That would be a correct assessment.

I have been saying for over a year that the mine train is going to be a cute little ride.
                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Cute little ride or not, I bet once it opens next year you all will stand in line singing "Hi Ho".

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow! I, also, hadn't quite comprehended the scale of the expansion before seeing these. I can't wait to see the final product! Here's hoping those Fantasyland traffic jams are a thing of the past.

Comment

Hi all

I'm the photographer of the first three pictures here - the aerial shots of Fantasyland. Glad you all like them.

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                                  ORDDU: Those pictures look suspiciously like the one's my sisters and I took while we were flying over the Fantasyland expansion project on our broomsticks, recently. Oh, well, we don't mind sharing what we get to see all the time.
                                  Nope, all mine. Took them on January 31st from a Cessna 172 hired from Kissimmee Gateway. I've got about another 1100 shots still to sort out (and I'm back from the holiday now so no excuse!!!), I'll put them up on my Flickr as soon as I get them sorted!

Comment

ORDDU: What kind of broomstick were you riding at the time, if you don't mind my asking, Courtman, duckling? It's amazing that you picked the very same views that my sister's and I chose. We don't doubt that these are really your pictures, by the way. It's just truly incredible that we were on the same 'wave length'.

Comment

Hehehe, went up in a Cessna 172 for an hour or so. I fly regularly so it isn't a big problem for me. Flew at 2000ft for this pass over Disney (through the TFR) then we climbed a bit higher to be above the TFR for some more passes. These were the best shots I got of the Fantasyland expansion so processed them quite a bit quicker than the others.

Camera gear is a Nikon D7000 with Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8. Hanging my camera gear out of an aeroplane window at 3000ft was a) chilly at 3000ft at 80mph even with warm temps on the ground and b) just a bit scary hanging that much valuable gear out!
                                      Last edited by Courtman; 02-07-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

hehe.. awesome details courtman!

Am I evil? yes, I am

Comment

Working...
                                        X