Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

FASTPASS Return Time Enforcement Begins March 7, 2012

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FASTPASS Return Time Enforcement Begins March 7, 2012

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
    You think? I suppose it used to be worse. But I was expecting more of an impact. The FP return line for RocknRollercoaster was quite long mid-day today. Test Track FP line was also pretty long in the middle of the day yesterday. Fastpass means much shorter wait, but definitely not "no wait". I did hear some other guests comment that they were surprised the Fastpass line was so long.
    Well, Fast Pass has always come with the caveat that it's a shorter wait, not no wait, so I'm not surprised that there might be occasions more people all return at the same time in their window (due to whatever reason). I guess when I think of a Fast Pass backup, I'm thinking of something more extreme, like the Fast Pass line at Soarin' that went as far back as the standby line (and increased the standby line wait to about 3 times the posted wait).
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Originally posted by thedude76 View Post
      Wait a sec. If folks can figure out their restaurant reservations, why should fastpass cause any problems?

The super duper solution: walk faster
      I think this is pretty much the exact opposite result of what people want when they spend their money going on vacation.

My prediction: FP will be folded onto your Key to the Kingdom, so that you just use a turnstile to admit people to the fp queue....

THEN you can start adding different service levels. Resort Guest, +1 point. Resort CONCIERGE Guest +5 points...

I expect with enough acrued perks, you can get a 'guest level' where the fastpass windows run from now through the end of the night. Funny that.... Oh well.... Regular guests can enter over there....

---------- Post added 03-16-2012 at 04:28 PM ----------

Heck, they can print BIG LETTERS on the different level cards and start calling them "Tickets"... Then you can be an "A Ticket Guest" ( not much revenue, enjoy standing in line ) through an "E Ticket Guest" ( PLEASE, DO COME VISIT US AGAIN, MR. LIEMAN! You'd like to walk-into the Crystal Palace +3? We can accommodate your party in 10 minutes, sir!....

Comment

Originally posted by mikelieman View Post
        THEN you can start adding different service levels. Resort Guest, +1 point. Resort CONCIERGE Guest +5 points...
        You already have that if you use the resorts as a proxy, so if you stay in a Deluxe resort, you get these perks versus if you stay in a Value resort, you get this different set of perks. I'd just tag it onto the already steep cost of the resorts and market it like the crazy dining plan.

Comment

Originally posted by thedude76 View Post
          Wait a sec. If folks can figure out their restaurant reservations, why should fastpass cause any problems?

The super duper solution: walk faster
          They tell people to allow for up to 90 minutes for travel within the WDW Resort in order to make your ADR on time. It works for the most part, but it's also ridiculous given how actually short the distances are. It's Disney pulling a CYA move when their boats, monorails and buses take an absurdly long period of time.

It'd be even more ridiculous to have some sort of similar standard for FastPass times. Should we make sure we're doing NOTHING for about 45 minutes before the window opens just in case we end up stuck on a ride or in guest control? Please.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

^^This is the obvious problem. I get FPs specifically so that I can get to the front of the line quickly during a specific time period, so that I don't have to actually wait and line. this gives me the chance to go enjoy other attractions. If everything is on the mark, you may get a fp at peter pan, go get stuck on HM and then return only to find that you can't use that fast pass. It's the only way i can ride everything I want to ride in a single day, and if something happens, then I miss out on something.

Comment

If you have a technical difficulty at another attraction, you should still be allowed late into whatever attraction you're attempting to enter. You just need to tell the cast member at the entrance what happened and why you're late.

And for those of you wondering, FastPass Time Enforcement has resulted in about a 25% decrease in standby wait times. (It's less of a difference early in the day, and a much greater difference later in the day)

Overall, it's not that big of a deal right now, but time enforcement will become vital with the introduction of the new system.
              -Bill

Comment

Working...
              X