This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Kilimanjaro Safaris expansion

Didn't think they could expand it but looks like they have some room.

"Beginning this spring, the Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction will undergo some changes to give guests an additional opportunity to see more of their favorite animals, specifically zebra. To do so, Walt Disney Imagineering will make some creative changes to the last scene in the attraction by removing the
    Audio-AnimatronicsKilimanjaro Safaris To Boost Zebra Presence, Add Savannah Space at Disney

Re: Kilimanjaro Safaris expansion

Very exciting! I wonder how the story line of the attraction will be altered since we will not get the baby elephant back now...
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

good to hear....baby elephant was always out of place for me.

Comment

It's about time they take out the "poachers" storyline. That was fine the first time you ride, but it gets old fast.
        Last edited by disneyfann121; 02-13-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I always got the "Well, we're back to Disney" feeling whenever I see Little Red at the end.
          It's like your so emmersed in the scene and then jolted back to reality.

Comment

expansion sounds a bit generous. They are basically just finally putting the poacher's story out of it's misery. After years of nipping and tucking at it, the script, and sets.. it just made little sense anymore.
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

and they probably stopped wanting to do the minute maintenance required on the gunfire effects that often didn't really work lately :P

Comment

Now, this is awesome news!

Comment

If you look at original concepts for Kilimanjaro Safaris, the part that got the axe was a sweeping vista about midway through the ride. However, for the most part, KS was built as intended, and really doesn't need much improvement.

On the other hand...Kali River Rapids as built is a pale shadow of its original concept...which was on almost the same scale as KS and also featured animals. My greatest wish for AK is that some day KRR is expanded to fulfil its potential. Not that I'm holding my breath...
                  Down with the Hat

Comment

Working...
                  X