• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monorail beam damage

^Nice MP reference.

Comment

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
      ok back to the regular scheduled thread, anyone know if they are still repairing the damage or what? SOrry I was down there this past weekend(to golf and party the most Disney I did was my DVC room and PI for dinner one night) so I really didn't get up here and now I'm trying to play catchup
      Umpteenth time - there was no damage to repair. The trains returned to normal service.

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
        When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a monorail on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, lad, the strongest monorail in all of Florida.
        :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
          Umpteenth time - there was no damage to repair. The trains returned to normal service.

See this is what happens when I disappear for a bit and try to join back in a discussion...
          so sorry
          Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
          When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a monorail on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, lad, the strongest monorail in all of Florida.
          :lol:
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
          -George S. Patton

Comment

HEY! NEWS FLASH! These monorail beams are 40+ years old and they get used almost 20 hours per day.

Those of you who complain and complain need to look at the bigger picture. Its an expansion joint and it will get fixed. Yes there will be down time. No one complains when Space Mountain is down for refurb and why is that?

The down time for Rails is coming soon and not because of mistakes made in the past. Its coming because its time.

---------- Post added 02-23-2012 at 04:05 AM ----------

Actually, there is damage and there is a bandaid on it until the system can be shut down to make repairs- probably in the next 3-4 months both Express and Resort side will be shut down between the GF and MK

Comment

Working...
            X