Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Broken Walt Disney World Ride effects

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Broken Walt Disney World Ride effects

Hi! I have heard about broken effects/animatronics from Disney Fans A LOT! Since I am a Tokyo-Disneyland visitor, I would like to know the broken effects and stuff in WDW
    I only know of the Disco Yeti!

Thanks!
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Re: Broken Walt Disney World Ride effects

Users here will tell you about an infinite amount of problems. For me, as an annual visitor, I rarely notice any problems. The only big problem that I've taken note of that bothers me is the one you mentioned; the Yeti. Other than that, rides will encounter problems every once in a while (I can count those times on one hand in the 15+ times that I've been) but it's nothing out of control. If you're hesitant on planning a trip due to the amount of problems you see noted here, I suggest you take them with a grain of salt and take the trip and have fun. Don't read too much into what you see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus View Post
      Hi! I have heard about broken effects/animatronics from Disney Fans A LOT! Since I am a Tokyo-Disneyland visitor, I would like to know the broken effects and stuff in WDW
      The most consistently accurate source of information on WDW's state of disrepair has been and continues to be the Kevin Yee Columns. Reading his current and past columns will give you a good overview of what is working -- and not working -- at WDW.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
        Users here will tell you about an infinite amount of problems. For me, as an annual visitor, I rarely notice any problems. The only big problem that I've taken note of that bothers me is the one you mentioned; the Yeti. Other than that, rides will encounter problems every once in a while (I can count those times on one hand in the 15+ times that I've been) but it's nothing out of control. If you're hesitant on planning a trip due to the amount of problems you see noted here, I suggest you take them with a grain of salt and take the trip and have fun. Don't read too much into what you see here.
        Strongly agree with this. Had read reports on here and other forums in regard to the "issues" prior to Nov 2011 trip, so was a little depressed about what I might find.

The trip was perfect and magical as always. The girls were in heaven.

Even if I were to notice a couple things here or there (which I didn't), I would most likely give WDW a pass just due to the sheer complexity and scope of high tech maintenance they undertake daily.

I have trouble keeping my router running, know what I mean?

Comment

I go to the parks 4-5 times a year, and I have never seen anything like the kind of horror shows you read about on here. The Yeti is still broken, but the ride is amazing beyond that. Other than that, I've only ever seen minor issues - if that. Book your trip and have a magical time.

Comment

Most of the people frequenting this thread haven't been to TDL or never visited WDW before 1994, so they don't really know what Disney is capable of or what to expect from them. If you're a TDL-only visitor, coming to WDW will be quite the culture-shock. The property is enormous, but things aren't maintained to the standards that you'd expect if all you've seen from Disney is TDL.

That said, I would still recommend you make the trip. There are tons of great and unique things to do at WDW and I'm sure you'll have an awesome time. You just may be disappointed by the state of disrepair you see and some of the less-than-Disney CMs you'll occasionally run into.
            I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
            -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PSUMark View Post
              Most of the people frequenting this thread haven't been to TDL or never visited WDW before 1994, so they don't really know what Disney is capable of or what to expect from them. If you're a TDL-only visitor, coming to WDW will be quite the culture-shock. The property is enormous, but things aren't maintained to the standards that you'd expect if all you've seen from Disney is TDL.

That said, I would still recommend you make the trip. There are tons of great and unique things to do at WDW and I'm sure you'll have an awesome time. You just may be disappointed by the state of disrepair you see and some of the less-than-Disney CMs you'll occasionally run into.
              Spot on. Falling apart? Maybe not. Major effects broken and/or missing? Absolutely. As PSUMark says, before 1994, broken and/or missing ride effects were almost unheard of. At today's WDW, it's a crapshoot. Saturday at Epcot, Anglerfish was again not working at Nemo (c'mon guys, it's the only major mechanical effect in the whole ride) and control sticks on Mission Space were unresponsive (no feedback).

Soarin', however, looked better than some reports here and elsewhere had indicated, so go and have fun. YMMV, depending on your own standards, expectations, and definition of value for price paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Toad View Post
                YMMV, depending on your own standards, expectations, and definition of value for price paid.
                So anyone that's currently happy in the parks have low standards? I'm sorry I'm sure that's not what you intended but it reads rather insulting at the moment.

Again as I have said previously things break, nothing is perfect. For example both of the attractions you mentioned were working in perfect order with both of those effects mentioned in particular working fine when I was there at the end of January- beginning of February. Almost all major issues I have seen are fixed in a timely manner. Now could they be doing a better job? I believe so but it is not worthy of its "state of disrepair" title given by some in my honest opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                  So anyone that's currently happy in the parks have low standards? I'm sorry I'm sure that's not what you intended but it reads rather insulting at the moment.
                  Uh, no, I said that if you're happy with the value of a WDW visit for the price you're paying, more power to you. I'm happy you're happy. And I really do mean that with all sincerity. I am personally not happy with all that I see right now at WDW, but hey, that's my point of view, not yours.

I am definitely NOT saying you or anyone else should automatically subscribe to my point of view, nor did I intend to insult you or anyone else for having DIFFERENT (not higher or lower) standards and/or expectations. That's the YMMV part I was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Toad View Post
                    Uh, no, I said that if you're happy with the value of a WDW visit for the price you're paying, more power to you. I'm happy you're happy. And I really do mean that with all sincerity. I am personally not happy with all that I see right now at WDW, but hey, that's my point of view, not yours. I am definitely NOT saying you or anyone else should automatically subscribe to my point of view, nor did I intend to insult you or anyone else for having DIFFERENT (not higher or lower) standards and/or expectations. That's the YMMV part I was referring to.
                    As i said previously I believed you did not intend those words to be taken in that tone, that's just how it read in my opinion. look forward to communicating with you in the future.

Comment

Peace.

Comment

When I saw Country Bear Jamboree last Saturday, the first Henry AA you see, something looked really off with his right paw... like the claws were missing or something. It just didn't look right compared to the other 2 Henry AA's in the show. Also, the Trixie AA's eyes were all kinds of crazy going in different directions and blinking weird. It looked pretty bad. Plus the audio quality was all over the place. Most of the main stage bears sounded ok, but the 3 heads on the wall... Max the elk was fine, but Buff the buffalo and Melvin the moose, the audio on both were way too low. I only knew what they were saying because I know the show by heart.

Comment

Well I have been to WDW a lot, I used to live in California so I visited Disneyland and WDW numerous times in my 10 years
                          Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Comment

Most of the people frequenting this thread haven't been to TDL or never visited WDW before 1994, so they don't really know what Disney is capable of or what to expect from them.
                            Spot on. I don't hold the parks to some arbitrary standard; I hold them to the standard they set for themselves.

It's absolutely possible to enjoy your trip immensely while still noticing the things that need work. I do both. Noticing places where maintenance isn't what it should be isn't keeping me from planning my next trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus View Post
                              Well I have been to WDW a lot, I used to live in California so I visited Disneyland and WDW numerous times in my 10 years
                              When was the last time you were there?
                              I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                              -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

The last time I was there was July, 2011
                                Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Comment

WDW Splash Mountain with broken animatronics at the finale. It's heartbreaking to see this happen! Even though the video is almost 1 1/2 month old now. The show quality is definitely bad! Almost comparable than Disneyland's Splash Mountain current condition, but worse than DL's!

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                                  Save
                                  Sav

Comment

Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
                                    WDW Splash Mountain with broken animatronics at the finale. It's heartbreaking to see this happen! Even though the video is almost 1 1/2 month old now. The show quality is definitely bad! Almost comparable than Disneyland's Splash Mountain current condition, but worse than DL's!

Oh, man. I think even I would've noticed this stuff. heart wrenching.

Comment

This. You'll notice the difference, but that doesn't mean it's so bad that you shouldn't go.

Comment

It's not like the amazing animatronics are broken for all time, though! They fix them, eventually. Plus, animatronics around water? You've got to give Disney some leeway when it comes to that.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X