X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus
    replied
    Re: Broken Walt Disney World Ride effects

Tokyo's Splash Mountain is perfect in my opinion, all the animatronics are working and their moves are very swift

Leave a comment:

• Twist1234
    replied

As much as I want to rip on TDO all I can say is usually when people complain it gets fixed (eventually) still from watching old videos of the place in the mid-90s it gives you a good idea on were maintenance got lazy. It's not a bad park it just seems TDO is committed to making the shareholders happy, not the guest.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Disneyworld's decline in standards of maintenance and showmanship has been documented for more than a decade, as has the corporate culture of TDO that is responsible for it.

WDW's decline is corporate history repeating itself. As with Disneyland before it, the cause is the same: a Disney management more concerned with inflating the bottom line than maintaining Disney standards.

Until such time as TDO gets its act together, Disney and its customers are well served by fans who keep the publicity spotlight turned on. As with Disneyland, publicly shaming the corporation into doing what is best for itself, as well as for its customers, can work wonders.
    That's your opinion and i totally respect that, its great everyone has their own. My opinion is that the current state of the parks is not as low as you claim it to be and it is still a very enjoyable experience. I believe many people share my opinion. however I do love the crusader-esque personal shout out / pat on the back at the end there.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied

Disneyworld's decline in standards of maintenance and showmanship has been documented for more than a decade, as has the corporate culture of TDO that is responsible for it.

WDW's decline is corporate history repeating itself. As with Disneyland before it, the cause is the same: a Disney management more concerned with inflating the bottom line than maintaining Disney standards.

Until such time as TDO gets its act together, Disney and its customers are well served by fans who keep the publicity spotlight turned on. As with Disneyland, publicly shaming the corporation into doing what is best for itself, as well as for its customers, can work wonders.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The "crying poor" excuse for the multi-billion-dollar Disney Corporation doesn't cut it anymore. No matter how one tries to parse Disney's bottom line, it's clear that lack of funds is not the reason for WDW's lack of maintenance.

During Disneyland's dark decade, lack of funds was frequently cited as an excuse for its poor maintenance. It was just as specious an argument in DL's case then as it is in WDW's case now.
    I think its a valid argument in both cases regardless of anyone's opinions on the parks conditions. during what people have believed are low points in the parks maintenance, cleanliness, what ever the complaint may be, its come at a time where the Disney company has added international parks. instead of changing their budget to accommodate this change they still hand the same percentage of profits out to the resorts division. it was roughly 30% of profits before Disneyland Paris and its that exact same number today. Instead of handing these people the money they need the company is telling the division to make cuts that have obviously affected some peoples experiences in the parks, limited the amount of expansion projects, and when said projects come out are half the time underwhelming. this is a very valid point and i believe that if it can be resolved then the park experience will be improved rapidly.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
    You make it seem like that 10 billion (its more like 11.5) is going just to WDW every time you say it, that's just not true. the money is allocated to "parks" in general they have to split that money between paris, california, orlando, Hong Kong, and Shanghi. when they split this money they also have to keep in mind new expansion projects so that goes into effect as well. then when this money gets to WDW its now roughly 5 billion. this number splits again into each individual park, downtown disney areas, the water parks, the resorts, and amenities that aren't run by outside companies. all of a sudden you have a lot less money to cover operating costs, new projects, maintenance, ect. then you alluded to.
    The "crying poor" excuse for the multi-billion-dollar Disney Corporation doesn't cut it anymore. No matter how one tries to parse Disney's bottom line, lack of funds is not the reason for WDW's lack of maintenance.

During Disneyland's dark decade, "not enough money" was frequently cited as an excuse for everything from poor maintenance to closed attractions. It was just as specious an argument in DL's case then as it is in WDW's case now.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 02-29-2012, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

Originally posted by mikelieman View Post
    With 10 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR in revenue flowing through the parks, that's over 27 MILLION DOLLARS A DAY they have to ensure that 'animatronics around water' ( like that means anything ) get fixed in the 6 hour+ maintenance shift available EVERY SINGLE DAY.
    You make it seem like that 10 billion (its more like 11.5) is going just to WDW every time you say it, that's just not true. the money is allocated to "parks" in general they have to split that money between paris, california, orlando, Hong Kong, and Shanghi. when they split this money they also have to keep in mind new expansion projects so that goes into effect as well. then when this money gets to WDW its now roughly 5 billion. this number splits again into each individual park, downtown disney areas, the water parks, the resorts, and amenities that aren't run by outside companies. all of a sudden you have a lot less money to cover operating costs, new projects, maintenance, ect. then you alluded to.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied

Originally posted by TodAZ1 View Post
    Splash Mountain has been around for a long time, always with the same AAs in the same spot next to the water. But NOW it's suddenely a problem? The water isn't the problem. WDW not caring about the state of the animatronics in their attractions is the problem.
    Originally posted by mikelieman View Post
    With 10 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR in revenue flowing through the parks, that's over 27 MILLION DOLLARS A DAY they have to ensure that 'animatronics around water' ( like that means anything ) get fixed in the 6 hour+ maintenance shift available EVERY SINGLE DAY.
    Bingo x 2.

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
    The thing is, Disneyland's Splash is in spectacular shape, with everything working, each and every time I get a chance to ride. WDW's splash could be like this, but it never ever is
    Make that x 3.

Leave a comment:

• lily23
    replied

Originally posted by Peter'sGirl View Post
    It's not like the amazing animatronics are broken for all time, though! They fix them, eventually. Plus, animatronics around water? You've got to give Disney some leeway when it comes to that.
    The thing is, Disneyland's Splash is in spectacular shape, with everything working, each and every time I get a chance to ride. WDW's splash could be like this, but it never ever is

Leave a comment:

• mikelieman
    replied

Originally posted by Peter'sGirl View Post
    It's not like the amazing animatronics are broken for all time, though! They fix them, eventually. Plus, animatronics around water? You've got to give Disney some leeway when it comes to that.

Leave a comment:

• TodAZ1
    replied

Splash Mountain has been around for a long time, always with the same AAs in the same spot next to the water. But NOW it's suddenely a problem? The water isn't the problem. WDW not caring about the state of the animatronics in their attractions is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Peter'sGirl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lily23
    replied

Originally posted by PSUMark View Post
    Most of the people frequenting this thread haven't been to TDL or never visited WDW before 1994, so they don't really know what Disney is capable of or what to expect from them. If you're a TDL-only visitor, coming to WDW will be quite the culture-shock. The property is enormous, but things aren't maintained to the standards that you'd expect if all you've seen from Disney is TDL.

That said, I would still recommend you make the trip. There are tons of great and unique things to do at WDW and I'm sure you'll have an awesome time. You just may be disappointed by the state of disrepair you see and some of the less-than-Disney CMs you'll occasionally run into.
    This. You'll notice the difference, but that doesn't mean it's so bad that you shouldn't go.

Leave a comment:

• chad386
    replied

Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
    WDW Splash Mountain with broken animatronics at the finale. It's heartbreaking to see this happen! Even though the video is almost 1 1/2 month old now. The show quality is definitely bad! Almost comparable than Disneyland's Splash Mountain current condition, but worse than DL's!

Oh, man. I think even I would've noticed this stuff. heart wrenching.

Leave a comment:

• LangenFox
    replied

WDW Splash Mountain with broken animatronics at the finale. It's heartbreaking to see this happen! Even though the video is almost 1 1/2 month old now. The show quality is definitely bad! Almost comparable than Disneyland's Splash Mountain current condition, but worse than DL's!

Leave a comment:

• Prometheus
    replied

The last time I was there was July, 2011

Leave a comment:

• PSUMark
    replied

Originally posted by Prometheus View Post
    Well I have been to WDW a lot, I used to live in California so I visited Disneyland and WDW numerous times in my 10 years
    When was the last time you were there?

Leave a comment:

• ttintagel
    replied

Originally posted by PSUMark View Post
    Most of the people frequenting this thread haven't been to TDL or never visited WDW before 1994, so they don't really know what Disney is capable of or what to expect from them.
    Spot on. I don't hold the parks to some arbitrary standard; I hold them to the standard they set for themselves.

It's absolutely possible to enjoy your trip immensely while still noticing the things that need work. I do both. Noticing places where maintenance isn't what it should be isn't keeping me from planning my next trip!

Leave a comment:

• Prometheus
    replied

Well I have been to WDW a lot, I used to live in California so I visited Disneyland and WDW numerous times in my 10 years

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

When I saw Country Bear Jamboree last Saturday, the first Henry AA you see, something looked really off with his right paw... like the claws were missing or something. It just didn't look right compared to the other 2 Henry AA's in the show. Also, the Trixie AA's eyes were all kinds of crazy going in different directions and blinking weird. It looked pretty bad. Plus the audio quality was all over the place. Most of the main stage bears sounded ok, but the 3 heads on the wall... Max the elk was fine, but Buff the buffalo and Melvin the moose, the audio on both were way too low. I only knew what they were saying because I know the show by heart.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X