Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

Kim Possible to be replaced in June

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Rumor] Kim Possible to be replaced in June

    an inside source confirmed this, however it has not yet been officially announced:

    Phineas and Ferb to Replace Kim Possible at Epcot in June | The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia

    I personally do not like this change. Kim Possible is fun! and Perry the platypus, while he is a cool character, is not as versatile as Kim and Ron. They have traveled the world and stopped many unique villians! Perry has stopped..doofensmirtz..after doofensmirtz..after...wait for it....doofensmirtz:sleep:

    not to mention KP fits the theme of world showcase...Perry saves the tri-state area..just the tri-state area.

    And perry doesn't have a Kimmunicator..just Major Monogram on a screen. Sure he has shown up in fun areas that could be done in world showcase, but that's pretty much it.. How are they suppossed to tie in the phones???

    Sorry if this sounds rantish.. I love Phineas and Ferb! I just REALLY think KP should be left alone.

  • #2
    Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

    Originally posted by Eckert View Post
    an inside source confirmed this, however it has not yet been officially announced:

    Phineas and Ferb to Replace Kim Possible at Epcot in June | The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia

    I personally do not like this change. Kim Possible is fun! and Perry the platypus, while he is a cool character, is not as versatile as Kim and Ron. They have traveled the world and stopped many unique villians! Perry has stopped..doofensmirtz..after doofensmirtz..after...wait for it....doofensmirtz:sleep:

    not to mention KP fits the theme of world showcase...Perry saves the tri-state area..just the tri-state area.

    And perry doesn't have a Kimmunicator..just Major Monogram on a screen. Sure he has shown up in fun areas that could be done in world showcase, but that's pretty much it.. How are they suppossed to tie in the phones???

    Sorry if this sounds rantish.. I love Phineas and Ferb! I just REALLY think KP should be left alone.
    the reason they would do this (if it is true) is because essentially none of the people in the target audience for the attraction know who kim possible is anymore. the shows been off the air for a long time now and i agree its time to move on now. the choice of phineas and ferb is odd but im sure there wont really be any changes to the experience accept the theme so im not to bothered by it. if their going to do this though then move the M and G from DHS to Epcot then to prevent park saturation. on another note i think its kind of sad Disney only has one tv show that's of any worth promoting, name another currently broadcasting Disney show in the parks today.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

      It's all because Disney seems to treat their older TV library like crap. Like how Kim Possible only got two seasons of DVD sets through the Movie Club or how they never finished any of the Disney Afternoon stuff.
      M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
      sigpic
      Flickr

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

        Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
        the reason they would do this (if it is true) is because essentially none of the people in the target audience for the attraction know who kim possible is anymore. the shows been off the air for a long time now and i agree its time to move on now. the choice of phineas and ferb is odd but im sure there wont really be any changes to the experience accept the theme so im not to bothered by it. if their going to do this though then move the M and G from DHS to Epcot then to prevent park saturation. on another note i think its kind of sad Disney only has one tv show that's of any worth promoting, name another currently broadcasting Disney show in the parks today.
        While I empathize with what your saying, I do believe this to not be true, Adults and teens know immediately who she is, and kids, who are deprived of KP due to disney's refusal to air classics and are bent on showing bright neon sitcoms, go to youtube or rent her movies. In fact just the other day there were two (very little) girls dressed like KP playing the game! Talk about magical moments that time can't take!:thumbup:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

          Originally posted by Eckert View Post
          While I empathize with what your saying, I do believe this to not be true, Adults and teens know immediately who she is, and kids, who are deprived of KP due to disney's refusal to air classics and are bent on showing bright neon sitcoms, go to youtube or rent her movies. In fact just the other day there were two (very little) girls dressed like KP playing the game! Talk about magical moments that time can't take!:thumbup:
          ok.. but adults and teens arent this attractions target audience, its kids aged 4-12. I just don't think that the majority of kids these days would go out of their way to watch this show and be big fans as opposed to an established, popular, currently running show.

          @FJ i totally agree, disney should treat their old shows better and renewed KP for a few more seasons at least, its better then anything they have right now thats for sure.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

            As much as I liked the Kim Possible show, I like Phineas and Ferb a whole lot more.

            But agreed, more home video releases would be great. From what I understand the reason we do not see more is poor sales.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

              Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
              As much as I liked the Kim Possible show, I like Phineas and Ferb a whole lot more.

              But agreed, more home video releases would be great. From what I understand the reason we do not see more is poor sales.
              Because with the exception of Gargoyles, at best all we got were barebones releases often with edits and mostly out of order, especially with the Darkwing Duck sets. At worst, they were those three-episode discs like they think we're in the ages of VHS or something. If they were handled with greater care and marketed better, they'd probably sell.
              M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
              sigpic
              Flickr

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                With all this talk of target audiences and relevancy, I can't help but think of one thing... The Swiss Family tree house. Not even my parents knew about the Swiss Family Robinsons..I had to explain the whole film to them while we were in the tree last year X) What is the target demographic for that??

                (to figmentjedi) gosh I miss gargoyles...lol

                Anyways, my viewpoint still stands at the substance of the attraction. Like I said, I love Phineas and Ferb! It's fun, it's wild, it's entertaining! But I also love Kim Possible, and unless The Imagination Pavillion recruits the brothers for an expansion, I think they should stay at DHS. The premise of KP world showcase is so ingenious and the game does so well because IMO the game captures the heart and soul of the show while being completely unique. Perry should stick to stopping his one nemesis Doofensmirtz. In his one location DE. Inc. Lets let Kim take care of all the others

                This also presents another interesting question...

                With doof being the central villian in the show(there are others, but they are very plot specific, and suzy doesn't count..) I have to wonder if he will wreak havoc using seperate inators for each country, or if they'll unify them into one big Agent P mission..

                Now If they must have Phineas and Ferb, I think it would be best to go all Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and integrate the characters of the shows into one big game..After all, some effects are KP tailored(killigan clock, baby bebe) but others are just projections. you could do an entire france mission with different projections and audio and you have a whole different game)

                just my thoughts:shy:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                  What are the odds though that it's entirely the same just with different videos and explanations for things? Huge marketing blitz to young kids boasting about the new phineas and ferb game and it's the same thing? :P I understand the desire to replace it.. but it took them too long to get phineas and ferb into the parks even.. and now once they did this replacement.. who knows how long they have left on the air. If they're committing to keeping them around a while longer, let's see some new interactions and challenges to the game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                    Originally posted by almandot View Post
                    What are the odds though that it's entirely the same just with different videos and explanations for things? Huge marketing blitz to young kids boasting about the new phineas and ferb game and it's the same thing? :P I understand the desire to replace it.. but it took them too long to get phineas and ferb into the parks even.. and now once they did this replacement.. who knows how long they have left on the air. If they're committing to keeping them around a while longer, let's see some new interactions and challenges to the game.
                    And that's my point exactly, KP made a bigger impact by not only being a welcome presence in then-MGM, but by being so influencal that it got an attraction a year after it ended on TV.. Phineas and Ferb is getting closer to the end, and the push is going in a great direction in Hollywood Studios, They belong with their "we're making a movie" show. One thing that unfortunately hinders the show is that it takes place during summer and basicly inserts different variations, same scenario(IE. Ferb, we're building a _____ so candace can give up jeremy or ______ to stop mom from ______ while perry stops doof from ruining the tri-state area with his _____inator. and Perry stops him, the _____dissapears and Candace looks like an idiot while Phineas and Ferb are all "Summer!!!:yea:")... Perry's subplot is funny but it just can't evolve into bigger stories like Kim and Ron can.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                      I too like Phineas and Ferb more than Kim Possible, but I agree that this change doesn't make a lot of sense. I know not many people know who Kim Possible is anymore, so I understand the reason for the change. Why not change it to something that doesn't have a tv show tie in? Maybe make up some original characters just for the attraction. I just remembered, these days, that sort of thing is considered crazy talk.
                      It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                        Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                        the reason they would do this (if it is true) is because essentially none of the people in the target audience for the attraction know who kim possible is anymore. the shows been off the air for a long time now and i agree its time to move on now. the choice of phineas and ferb is odd but im sure there wont really be any changes to the experience accept the theme so im not to bothered by it. if their going to do this though then move the M and G from DHS to Epcot then to prevent park saturation. on another note i think its kind of sad Disney only has one tv show that's of any worth promoting, name another currently broadcasting Disney show in the parks today.
                        ...Which is the problem that results from tying a semi-permanent attraction to a TV show in the first place, the medium which likely has the shortest shelf-life of any intellectual property. If Disney is interested in keeping this attraction around for the long-term without having to make constant updates to meet current TV show fads, they would be far better off just basing it on an original concept.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                          Trying to spin-off a tv property into the parks isn't a bad idea, and I sorta-like the whole, "the Kim Possible thing had it's time, let's retire it before it becomes a joke" ( And man, those communicators look dated these days... )

                          I like the idea of PLAYING in the parks.

                          The problem -- which has been pointed out -- is the short half-life of the properties. Now, reskinning the Kim Possible game could give them another couple of years, but I'd rather see some new games.

                          And, the elephant-in-the-room is that the hottest property out there today is Adventure Time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                            Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
                            ...Which is the problem that results from tying a semi-permanent attraction to a TV show in the first place, the medium which likely has the shortest shelf-life of any intellectual property. If Disney is interested in keeping this attraction around for the long-term without having to make constant updates to meet current TV show fads, they would be far better off just basing it on an original concept.
                            i agree that would be the best case scenario, however the article specifically stated P and F are taking over so kinda got to go with one or the other here. hopefully they do get an original concept in the end and not try to shoehorn things in for marketing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                              Hmm, I'm not up on Phineas and Ferb (other than seeing ads) so I can't really comment on them. I didn't know Kim Possible before she came to Epcot, but I just love the "Carmen Sandiego" feel of the game. I just hope they don't direct this too much towards small children, but rather keep it fun for everyone to do together.
                              Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                                When the original Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure was first announced, I could not believe that they were going to create an "attraction" based off of a character who's TV show had been canceled before the "attraction" even opened. Most kids do not even know who she is any more while Phineas and Ferb has to be the most popular kids TV show (live action and animated, on all channels) today.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                                  Eh, kids today, with the gramophones and the twenty-three-skiddoo and the I don't know what.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                                    Agree wit the update, and a bit off topic but the Phineas costume is bugging me a bit, I know the designs are hard to recreate IRL but he reminds me of the worms from Beetlejuice, LOL :lol:
                                    sigpic

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                                      @Sapphire-Light LOL X)Well, you've all made very good points, The original concept doesn't sound half bad..how about..wait for it...FIGMENT!!!! C'mon, he is Epcot's mascot! I'd love to go on an adventure with him around the world!And one of you mentioned the outdatedness of the Kimmunicator...Hmm, how about an iphone/android app! the majority of the population can use them, and better yet you would be takin the magic home with you! similar to idk..Gowalla??

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Kim Possible to be replaced in June

                                        Originally posted by mikelieman View Post
                                        Trying to spin-off a tv property into the parks isn't a bad idea, and I sorta-like the whole, "the Kim Possible thing had it's time, let's retire it before it becomes a joke" ( And man, those communicators look dated these days... )

                                        I like the idea of PLAYING in the parks.

                                        The problem -- which has been pointed out -- is the short half-life of the properties. Now, reskinning the Kim Possible game could give them another couple of years, but I'd rather see some new games.

                                        And, the elephant-in-the-room is that the hottest property out there today is Adventure Time.
                                        Adventure Time is really popular, but not that popular. Cartoon Network's been lagging behind Nick and Disney Channel for years. It's why the execs are going Full-Eisner and shoving live-action crud onto the network like that awful Level Up show or Hall of Game, where the faces of the children in the audience clearly show that they would rather be anywhere but that auditorium.
                                        M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                                        sigpic
                                        Flickr

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X