Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Planning my WDW Vacation Dec. 24-28, 2012 for Xmas and Daughter's 4th Birthday

Hi,

I am the process of planning my WDW vacation. Normally I would stay off property but this year we choose to stay on.

We plan on staying at the Bay Lake Resort because it is so close to the Magic Kingdom and mono rail.

Right now all I am getting is the rack rate from the travel agents and WDW.

I also contact Dave Vacation Rentals to buy points from another Disney Vacation Club person but they too do not have the point for me.

Just wondering if I am planning this trip to early or doing the right thing? I just want to make my Daughter's 1st Disney Experience the most magical one. We also plan to celebrate her 4th birthday there she was born the day after Christmas.

Please would love to hear from experienced Disney travelers on this board.

Planner Mom,
    Paveena

Re: Planning my WDW Vacation Dec. 24-28, 2012 for Xmas and Daughter's 4th Birthday

DO NOT BOOK AT RACK RATES!!!!! I researched and saved about $500 from the rack rate by just booking the hotel through travelocity and just purchased the tic through disney. I'm staying 9 nights on property so the extra $500 I saved will help so much in other ways. Good luck.

---------- Post added 02-23-2012 at 09:32 PM ----------

oh and welcome to MiceChat.

---------- Post added 02-23-2012 at 09:36 PM ----------

I actually went and checked dates on travelocity. It shows as all resort hotels are sold out. Might want to call. It might be just a little to early to book.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Re: Planning my WDW Vacation Dec. 24-28, 2012 for Xmas and Daughter's 4th Birthday

Be super careful this year with booking your WDW vacation. The rack rates have gone up, and the discounts just get you back to the rack rates from last year.

Check out mouse savers for some tips:

MouseSavers.com - Disney World Vacation Discount - DisneyWorld Discounts

Comment

The last time I went, I booked through Small World Vacations, and they were able to find me a discount I hadn't found online.

Small World Vacations - Authorized Disney Vacation Planner - Walt Disney World, Disneyland Packages, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney!

Comment

you have to remember as well, Christmas is a tough time of year to find those discounts. it is THE busiest time over that Christmas / new years season in the parks and therefore its going to be less likely for you to find deals especially on property.

Comment

Working...
          X