This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Hyperion Warf Cancelled

According to Save Pleasure Island blog, the Hyperion Warf project was cancelled. Not sure how reliable it is, but judging from how stagnant everything still is, I wouldn't be surprised.

Save Pleasure Island: PI Update: Hyperion Wharf Canceled!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Re: Hyperion Warf Cancelled

Regardless of what goes in, I have no preference. Just put something there!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I agree. This is getting ridiculous.
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

Comment

Not really surprising. The last update a few months back regarding Downtown Disney on the DisneyParks

Comment

Seeing as the other half of Paradise Pier didn't get anywhere close to what was originally planned for it, I'm not surprised one bit to see Pleasure Island not being Paradise Pier'd into Hyperion Wharf.

Really the only problem Pleasure Island has is the empty facilities. If they can find tenants, there's really no problem with leaving the PI name in place.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
            If they can find tenants
            That is the big question. The plan since the beginning was to replace the clubs with third party dining and retail facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
              That is the big question. The plan since the beginning was to replace the clubs with third party dining and retail facilities.
              True Lazyboy. A major contributing factor to Paradise phobia on the part of potential tenants is there's nothing kenetic anywhere near the island. The clubs were about dancing and other activities, and the theme parks are a good distance away.

Potential dining and shop investers must have serious doubts about those on a Disney vacation going out of their way to travel to a relatively distant place to dine and shop, especially when there's plenty of competition right on top of the parks.

Now if you "Paradice Piered Paradise Island" (altering the meaning of this lovely term coined by PeopleMoverPritt) by addiing Disney character themed midway rides, dark rides and carnival games, then I'll bet it would be a lot easier to attract Downtown Disney type quality restaurants and shops. That would be a unique Disney environment as well.
              Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-25-2012, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                Now if you "Paradice Piered Paradise Island" (altering the meaning of this lovely term coined by PeopleMoverPritt) by addiing Disney character themed midway rides, dark rides and carnival games, then I'll bet it would bring a lot easier to attract Downtown Disney quality restaurants and shops. That would be a unique Disney environment as well.
                That's something I would be interested in! Sort of like a Boardwalk-esque themed area but with rides. I know it would attract me, and probably a lot of other people, if they turned into a turn-of-the-twentieth-century amusement park with a ferris wheel, carousel, maybe a spinner, and a small cheesy dark ride.

Comment

I can't have been cancelled if it was never going to happen HW was simply "we have to put SOMETHING out to make everyone believe we're not gonna let the Island rot"

Comment

Bold. New. Visionary.

Comment

guys, lets be realistic here. all that's been said here is "sources" say its been cancelled. that is hardly noteworthy and we've criticized a lot more for a lot less in the past. perhaps they are re-working the concept, perhaps they will start construction tomorrow but until i see something CREDIBLE I will not hold any faith in it whatsoever.

Comment

I would actually rather wait a long time for something worthwhile and original than for uninspiring shops and typical dining options. There are already enough things I don't care about doing.

Of course, more than anything else I want the Adventurers Club back (or at least something of its caliber).

Comment

Originally posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
                          I would actually rather wait a long time for something worthwhile and original than for uninspiring shops and typical dining options. There are already enough things I don't care about doing.

Of course, more than anything else I want the Adventurers Club back (or at least something of its caliber).
                          agree very much so here, however I'm sure the concept they are working on slash will finally result in completing in this area, will be worth while. the area has so much potential and can really be shaped into almost anything.

Comment

No matter how you slice we are going on 4 years of it being closed with no replacement. FOUR YEARS.
                            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

They might as well just put a popcorn cart in it's place. At least they'll be something there.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                                I agree. This is getting ridiculous.

"Johnny Bob" calls the stalled-out project outlandish, outrageous and completely unacceptable.
                                Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-25-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Bob probably didn't cancel it, it was probably some people a few steps below him in the ladder.
                                  DisneyTwins
                                  Since May 2003

Comment

Honestly, it would not surprise me if the PI name/marquees were left untouched for purposes of brand recognition, and their ability to draw cars in off BV Drive.

Hyperion Wharf would have none of that ability, despite how asthetically pleasing it would be.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Working...
                                    X