Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Since when did they "mute" It's A Small World?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Since when did they "mute" It's A Small World?

This question might sound stupid but it's been bugging me since my visit last June:
    So I was on IASW and I was expecting the dolls to be signing but to my surprise they weren't (or rather they were but you'd have to stand right next to their mouth). I wasn't sure if I was going insane or If I was just used to hearing the song by now but when I watched two videos comparing them and I noticed the dolls also went "mute" in the newer video (2008: Walt Disney World "It's a Small World" ride 2008 - YouTube 2011: It's a Small World at Walt Disney World Full Ride video - YouTube). So I was wondering does anyone know when the dolls got their volume noub turned down (at least the ones that sung it in English)?

Re: Since when did they "mute" It's A Small World?

I didn't notice that when I visited recently, i see what you mean in the video but that wasn't the case in January, odd.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
      I didn't notice that when I visited recently, i see what you mean in the video but that wasn't the case in January, odd.
      Strange, it's like the people I heard complaining a few mouths back about the music on SM being "mute" but when I went it was rather easy to hear. Guess it was just a maintenance issue, thanks for the information.

Comment

Thats funny, I went on it for the first time in 15 years in 2010 (the song drives be nuts) and I thought "This isn't as bad as I thought it was" Now I realize that the singing audio wasn't working lol
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
          Thats funny, I went on it for the first time in 15 years in 2010 (the song drives be nuts) and I thought "This isn't as bad as I thought it was" Now I realize that the singing audio wasn't working lol
          Now you have to go back and face your fears.

Comment

Yeah, I thought I was done for another 15. I were wrong. lol
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

I noticed that last year and really found it inexcusable given the ride is 40+ years old and they should have it right by now.
              Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

I have ridden it a few times in the last year, and we wondered what had happened. I will admit a bias towards the DL version, but we managed to ride both versions about within a month of each other last year, and our main thought on the WDW version was "Why aren't the dolls singing?"

Comment

Originally posted by Badgermann View Post
                  I have ridden it a few times in the last year, and we wondered what had happened. I will admit a bias towards the DL version, but we managed to ride both versions about within a month of each other last year, and our main thought on the WDW version was "Why aren't the dolls singing?"
                  That's just... odd. Did someone complain? Or was it actually fixed?

Comment

Working...
                  X