X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow White attraction to close???

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
    On your second point, there will actually be no new meet and greets as part of the expansion, at least none are mentioned at all so far. the only other meet and greet experience besides the princess fairy tale hall will be the story time with belle but that existed prior to the expansions construction and was closed to be moved to the new area.
    They're finally moving that thing? Good, it was placed rather awkwardly.

Comment

Originally posted by TodAZ1 View Post
      You didn't answer my question -- how many new M&Gs are there with the new FL? Not counting the one replacing SWSA?
      There will only be one other meet and greet in the new Fantasyland, and it's for The Little Mermaid. However, there was a Little Mermaid meet and greet in Fantasyland before construction for the New Fantasyland began, so they're not actually adding that one, they're simply moving it. The meet and greet that is going into the old home of SWSA is the only meet and greet that is being added into the new Fantasyland.

What people have been trying to tell you (and what you seem to have trouble comprehending) is this: They are building a new Snow White ride a few yards away from where the old one is right now. The new ride is replacing the old one. With the old ride's space now freed up, they are using that space as a meet and greet. They are not replacing a ride with a meet and greet. They are replacing a ride with a bigger (better?) ride, it's just not in the exact same spot. So in theory, they're not getting rid of a Snow White ride, they're just moving it... and they're putting a meet and greet in it's old spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Santana View Post
        So in theory, they're not getting rid of a Snow White ride, they're just moving it... and they're putting a meet and greet in it's old spot.
        A meet and greet that already existed in toon town fair. so its not new either just changing places.

Comment

Wait I thought I read somewhere that the Side shows (or whatever they are called) would be glorified meet and greets for Donald and other characters?
          Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
            Wait I thought I read somewhere that the Side shows (or whatever they are called) would be glorified meet and greets for Donald and other characters?
            Source?

Comment

While on my internship in Fantasyland in Spring 2010, they did a lot of talking about the Fantasyland expansion with us. And I'll admit I've been nervous ever since about what was getting taken away and what would be the face of the "new" Fantasyland. It makes me very sad to see such classics as Snow White hit the road.... and whose to say about what the new rides will be like. But I love our Fantasyland. It's my favorite portion of the entire Kingdom. It's classic and beautiful. It's where I can go to escape and feel like a kid again, and that is why I wanted to work there in the first place and I was lucky enough to get my dream location. I'm so attached to Fantasyland and like most of your I feel a little invaded on, maybe, having them pluck and pull apart the land, but I will say this much..... through all the changes and twists, Disneys never really let me down. It'll be hard not having things that I'm used to, but I'm sure I'll fall in love with the new stuff too Just gotta have faith!
              There's a Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow!
              --StaceyDarlingg
              www.tumblr.com/staceydisneycp

Comment

ORDDU: Considering how many things Disney management has botched up in the recent past, it's rather difficult to have much faith in their current decisions.

ORWEN: We do think the New Fantasyland will have some beautiful landscaping. But they need as many attractions as they can get--along with the character meetings and greetings. To take away even one attraction isn't very smart on their part.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                  ORDDU: Considering how many things Disney management has botched up in the recent past, it's rather difficult to have much faith in their current decisions.

ORWEN: We do think the New Fantasyland will have some beautiful landscaping. But they need as many attractions as they can get--along with the character meetings and greetings. To take away even one attraction isn't very smart on their part.
                  Like it was previously said: there will not be a M&G location in new FL and since they're building a new Snow White ride it makes sense to remove the old one to replace the old M&G location (Mickey's house).

Comment

ORDDU: What may make sense to some makes no sense to others. Some of us would rather have the dark ride than the dwarf coaster since the dwarf coaster will most likely turn out to be much ado about nothing and less satisfying than the current dark ride.

ORWEN: I actually don't mind the addition of the dwarf coaster. I just don't want the dark ride to go away. We ought to be able to have BOTH!

Comment

ORDDU: What may make sense to some makes no sense to others. Some of us would rather have the dark ride than the dwarf coaster since the dwarf coaster will most likely turn out to be much ado about nothing and less satisfying than the current dark ride.

ORWEN: I actually don't mind the addition of the dwarf coaster. I just don't want the dark ride to go away. We ought to be able to have BOTH!
                      And what if its part coaster and part dark ride?

Comment

Originally posted by Twist1234 View Post
                        And what if its part coaster and part dark ride?
                        well from the artwork representations, we know that it will be part dark ride part coaster, the question is how much is dark ride and how much is coaster. I hope there will be a good equal balance of both as this could be a one off or the new frontier for the classic dark ride depending on the execution.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                          well from the artwork representations, we know that it will be part dark ride part coaster, the question is how much is dark ride and how much is coaster. I hope there will be a good equal balance of both as this could be a one off or the new frontier for the classic dark ride depending on the execution.
                          Exactly, plus it adds something that like it or not DL's FL as had for years, a thrill ride (the Matherhorn at DL, sure it doesn't have the same scale but it's something).

Comment

ORDDU: From what art work we have seen there will be but one show scene of the dwarves inside a cave. Most of the ride takes place outdoors. Therefore some of us prefer the current dark ride over the coaster. Again, we don't see why we can't have both the coaster AND the dark ride. That would satisfy a broader spectrum of guests than to just have only one or the other.

Comment

ORDDU: From what art work we have seen there will be but one show scene of the dwarves inside a cave. Most of the ride takes place outdoors. Therefore some of us prefer the current dark ride over the coaster. Again, we don't see why we can't have both the coaster AND the dark ride. That would satisfy a broader spectrum of guests than to just have only one or the other.
                              The only artwork that's come out specifically relating to the coaster is the one show scene and the ride vehicles, therefore implying that show scene will be involved however it says nothing about the remainder of the ride. it could go into another indoor section after exiting the mine, they could have show scenes partially covered outdoors, nobody knows what will also be included outside of this so its not right to make assumptions at this point. I still maintain my wait and see attitude and remain hopeful about this increasingly interesting future attraction.

Comment

ORDDU: We intend to wait and see, as well, before reaching any conclusions about the dwarf coaster. At the same time we're also expressing opinions based on 'what if's', along with we already know. We hope that there will be many show scenes but we were talking to some men in suits who were walking through Fantasyland about a year ago and they had also said there would only be one show scene for the dwarf coaster. Of course that doesn't mean plans can't change and we certainly expressed our desire for more scenes than just one.

Comment

ORDDU: We intend to wait and see, as well, before reaching any conclusions about the dwarf coaster. At the same time we're also expressing opinions based on 'what if's', along with we already know. We hope that there will be many show scenes but we were talking to some men in suits who were walking through Fantasyland about a year ago and they had also said there would only be one show scene for the dwarf coaster. Of course that doesn't mean plans can't change and we certainly expressed our desire for more scenes than just one.
                                  lol some men in suits............could you expand on that?? the last thing we need right now is more unconfirmed info .

Comment

ORDDU: This web footed site is full of much unconfirmed information because sometimes the only alternative is to speculate. So if you're looking for confirmations, you may have to look elsewhere. Since don't like re-runs so you'll have to be content with what we already mentioned.

Comment

My husband and I live in florida and have gone to WDW on the average, at least 8 times a year for the last 20+ years...we have been able to do less and less rides in the last few years... because of the changes that WDW has done..my vertigo and his neck problems...we have always been sad to see the classic dark rides go.
                                      Now that we have 3 year old grandchildren we feel like we are in a race to see if they get old enough to enjoy the rides before they are gone forever. The decision to close the classic snow white dark ride because they are going to open the Dwarfs coaster is really upsetting to us, since it being a coaster means it is yet another ride that we will be sitting outside waiting, while our kids and grand children are inside riding it.
                                      We are actually starting a list of all the attractions at the WDW Parks that we can and can't do...lol. It used to be we only had Space Mountain on the Can't do list...now it is getting quite long and ready to add the Dwarfs Mine to it.
                                      When my nephew went to WDW the 1st time when he was 7 in the 70's he loved 2k leagues..he went to take his daughters when they were 6 & 7 and he had told them all about what he remembered on that ride and they were excited to see it.
                                      He was so sad when I told him there was no more 20,000 leagues.
                                      This is happening more and more at Disney..they keep closing the rides we can do with the grankids and opening new rides that we can't do with them...sort of reverting back to a situation that Walt was trying to avoid...I agree with TodAZ1 who posted...
                                      "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together." - Walt Disney. "Seems WDW has forgotten that last word."
                                      As far as a reason to keep both...Grand parents...build the new BUT don't remove the classic..at least we could take them on the old Snow white and then their parents could take them on the new coaster.

Comment

I see your point here Mickeys attic however at the same time they will also open a new experience in the little mermaid that you should be able to ride with your grand kids while removing this one. Also this is not the original classic attraction, that was removed long ago and replaced with a newer version (as said previously).

Comment

Is everybody who's upset by this closure writing in to Disney or are we just wasting our breath complaining about it here? Official feedback may be the only hope left...
                                          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Working...
                                          X