Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What percentage of WDW vistors are complimentary visits?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What percentage of WDW vistors are complimentary visits?

Ok so it is time to have fun with math! So while Walt Disney World parks are highly attended I want to theorize how many of those visits are from complimentary admissions. I want to lay out how many complimentary passes are out there from year to year and if I have missed any large segments can you please let me know so we can add them to the tally.

Walt Disney World Employees:
    53,000 x 16 (free admission days) x 3 individuals = 2,544,000

Hospitality Cards (front desk, concierge, ticket sales, hospitality companies)
    20,000 x 4 (free admission days) x 2 individuals = 160,000

Third Party Participants (mears, dtd, etc)
    7,000 x 8 (free admission days) x 2 individuals) = 112,000

Total Free admission: 2,816,000

So with that being said how would we distribute the subtraction of 2.8 million visits from WDW parks if we were going to show the attendance minus the complimentary admissions?
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: What percentage of WDW vistors are complimentary visits?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

I would guess that not even half those CM tickets are used based on what I hear.

When you add in the CM's with unlimited sign-ins I don't see how you can get anything remotely accurate on that number.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

Do 3rd parties get vouchers for free?

Comment

Yeah I really don't think 2.8 million people are going to the parks totally for free, doesn't make sense. you cant assume that every single one of those tickets given out are used, especially as a previous poster mentioned in the CM category. not every cm is going to use all 16 days and their not all going to bring three people each time. I think the number is probably closer to roughly 1 million maximum and that's without park hopping option so it really doesn't affect the attendance numbers that much once spread around the parks.

Comment

The complimentary admission does include park hopping which my figures do not account for.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
            The complimentary admission does include park hopping which my figures do not account for.
            Ok fair enough but even with this addition it doesn't change the fact that less then half to half of the people you suggested are getting in for free.

Comment

Exercise in futility... what conclusion are you really trying to guide people towards KingEric?

You pick numbers out of the sky for 2 of your 3 categories... you have no way to even guesstimate how many potential admissions are converted to real admissions.

You know this.. so what's the agenda?

Comment

No agenda. I just really want to know the number of complimentary admissions.

Comment

I'm not sure how asking that question of an audience with absolutely no credible data sources helps feed that curiosity KingEric.

Guesses based on unsubstantiated data are even WORSE guesses.

And I really don't think employee perks really be lumped the same as other admissions...

Normally the use of 'complimentary' refers to admission granted to external people free of charge in recognition of some promotional effort or service recovery.

When you get perks due to employment - that generally is tracked separately for both tax purposes and for utilization.

If you gave out a bunch of passes at a radio promotion.. you wouldn't track it's effectivness by counting in employee sign-ins as well.

I think you are asking a question you know very well there is no possible way to get a credible answer here.

Comment

Working...
                  X