Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How much $ should i expect to spend?

So my may trip is approaching quickly. Park tickets, airplane tickets, and hotel paid for, but my question is how much should I expect to spend for a typical 9trip day trip to wdw? (Dinning, snacks, souvenirs ect.) This is my first trip and I'm taking my mom so I have a few things already planned such as fantastic dinner reserved seating, fireworks desert party at mk. I'm figuring around $2000 - $2500 but would like a little feed back from someone who has gone. Thanks for your help.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Re: How much $ should i expect to spend?

Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    So my may trip is approaching quickly. Park tickets, airplane tickets, and hotel paid for, but my question is how much should I expect to spend for a typical 9trip day trip to wdw? (Dinning, snacks, souvenirs ect.) This is my first trip and I'm taking my mom so I have a few things already planned such as fantastic dinner reserved seating, fireworks desert party at mk. I'm figuring around $2000 - $2500 but would like a little feed back from someone who has gone. Thanks for your help.
    well I cant really give you an exact per day / total number because i don't know what your exact plans are for dining, shopping ect. as dining goes, the average counter service meal is around 15 dollars a person, the average table service is around 20-25 dollars an entree around 10 dollars an appetizer, so about 35 dollars a person. most snacks are around 5 bucks alcoholic beverages 5-10 dollars and non alcoholic 3.50 max unless its a specialty drink. as for souvenirs i pin trade and the price of a pin can be anywhere from 5-12 bucks, outside of that a rough figure would be 20-25 bucks get you the majority of affordable souvenirs.

If you want an exact number you can look up the actual menus of each restaurant and snack in the park online.

Comment

All of it.

Comment

Nothing beats hard numbers... You can see a breakdown of a trip I took in this thread
        http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...-analysis.html

It's difficult for people to share numbers because everyone's spending habits are different..

Do you eat table service often? Do you eat fixed meals every day?
        How much do you consider spending on gifts, for how many people, etc?

Pretty much.. decide how many people you are buying gifts for.. and consider buying a gift is going to be $20-$100 per person depending on what you buy. Sub $50 per person can go a long way, but don't expect lots of sub $15 and get what you want.

For buying stuff for kids during the trip.. that's really hard to gauge.. but again consider most things cost $10-$20 for stuff in the parks even the little stuff. Pins are about $7-$15

In that trip I listed above, we didn't buy much souviners at all. But in our Disney Cruise this past trip, we spent much much more.. probably $500 or so. (I've yet to break that trip down.. probably scared of the numbers! )

But in my trip you can see how we spent on discretionary food (snacks in the park, etc).

If I had to give a rough number.. I would expect to be spending probably $30/head for table service... probably $10-$20/head/day in drinks/snacks and probably $15-20/head if doing non-table service meals. Then add in your souvie budget.

Comment

So far my dinning reservations are for

Sci-Fi dinner
          Mickey's breakfast at contemporary
          TL Terrace desert party
          the Fantasmic package at Hollywood & Vine

the rest of the dinning is up in the air, but I want to try a few table services at epcot.

I know that since I'm going to Star Wars weekend I'll want to buy a few things. I'm hoping that $2500 will cover the trip. This isn't including the Air, hotel, and park tix. Those are paid for already.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

I suggest you take a look at this:
            MouseSavers.com - Disney World Meal, Snack & Drink Info - Discount Coupon for Orlando Restaurants
            Food is really where Disney screws you the most so I suggest you note down the cheapest places.

Comment

Whenever we go, I budget $100 per day per adult, $75 a day per child. Meals/snacks/drinks for adults cost roughly (in my experience) $60-$75 a day per person. The remaining $25 a day is for souveniers. This has always worked out well for me.
              Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Typically I budget about a total of 125$ per day, that covers everything and I usually end up coming home after a 7 day vacation with about 150-300$ that I didn't spend, but I dunno how your spending habits are compared to mine...

I don't do the pins, and typically my souvenirs are like 3 things for myself, and a couple small things for a few other people in my life so I end up being alittle frugal compared to other people...
                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                -George S. Patton

Comment

For food I recommend $50 for each adult per day. This is good enough for two sit down restaurants and a Starbucks style breakfast. But you will probably go over it a day or two.

For snacks I recommend bringing your own or giving yourself $10 extra a day.

The sky is the limit for the remainder of your purchases, so it's hard to give you a recommendation.

Comment

In WDW, we tend to spend $175~200 total per day for the three of us but keep in mind we try to be healthy and don't eat a lot of snacks but we do like to indulge in nice dinners at EPCOT several times while we're there for the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
                      Whenever we go, I budget $100 per day per adult, $75 a day per child. Meals/snacks/drinks for adults cost roughly (in my experience) $60-$75 a day per person. The remaining $25 a day is for souveniers. This has always worked out well for me.
                      That's about what it's worked out to for us as well.

Last time we were there for 9 days it was around $2000 for our family of 4 for food, etc. And we ate a table service meal pretty much every day.

Off the top of my head we ate at 'Ohana (twice), Biergarten, Crystal Palace, Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Rose and Crown and the restaurant in Japan (forget the name).

Granted, we also had the Dining Card at the time, I don't think they offer it anymore.

This also included alcohol, so adjust the amount you will pay accordingly based on alcohol.

Comment

For food, we usually budget somewhere around $7 breakfast, $15 lunch, & $25 for dinner for every single day including travel days, per person (and that includes the day we leave - which taking the red-eye doesn't really cost us for meals). Plus any special meals that we might have to pay for up front, are budgeted separately (like Mickey's backyard Bar-b-cue, etc.) By looking at the menus online (maybe use wdwinfo.com) you can figure out what cost works for you.

For us, by doing it that way, if we want to do the Ohana breakfast, we may just have a snack for lunch & then have dinner, but it works out. Or if we're doing Crystal Palace for dinner, we're not going to want much (if anything) for lunch & maybe a late breakfast is all we'll need.

By budgeting even for the travel days, we seldom ever go over budget on food & by building in those extra meals (travel days, separate cost meals, etc.) it takes care of the money for snacks.

Except for when we do Food & Wine, then we also budget separately for samples - probably $100-$150 each just cause you never know what you might find to try & the drinks can be expensive.

Hope this helps. For souvenirs, we go often enough, that we don't end up buying much except a new Tshirt or two. But for budgeting purposes, we wait to see what our budget total is with EVERYTHING added in, then we round off the budget by figuring our spending money. For example if it's $4753 with airfare, shuttle to the airport, shuttle home from the airport, car rental, food, AP cost, tickets for museum, etc, etc, etc., then we might round it to $5000 even & the rest is spending money. We nearly always come in under budget.

One other thing we do, is have everything not already paid for, saved in our bank account ahead of time. Then we don't necessarily have to bring all the money with us. We can plan on charging some of the more expensive meals, etc. Even the shopping at World of Disney. Once we get home, we take our leftover cash & the money from the bank account & pay off the credit cards. This way, we get Disney Visa points or skymiles for the items we've charged & still have the money to pay off our credit cards as if we used cash to begin with.

One last thing – if you are planning lots of table service meals, look into the Tables in Wonderland card. It costs about $100 ($75 if you’re a Annual Passholder, I think) & gets you 20% off of meals including alcohol. You would be able to find online the list of places it can be used & you would be able to figure out if it’s worth it. (As an APer, we found that it paid for itself & saved us about $4 the first trip & we were able to use it on 3 trips to WDW in one year.)

Comment

Wow - some folks are really either scrimping big time or are getting some incredible deals on food! One of the big variables to this equation is alcohol. From what you've said it's you and your mom, so there may be wine with dinner. I'm a single park stormer, and I budget around $15 for a quick service lunch, and around $80 for a sitdown dinner (and that's just ME!). This usually includes appetizer, entree, sometimes dessert, and a couple three glasses of a nice wine. Sometimes it comes out closer to $60, sometimes more, but the $80 average works for planning. I also tend to spend at least part of each evening in a lounge somewhere (freakin' lush, ain't I?), which can add around $40 to the day. I also always use the Tables in Wonderland card, which gives me 20% off of all sitdown food and some quick service food, INCLUDING ALCOHOL! Pays for itself in just a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                            Wow - some folks are really either scrimping big time or are getting some incredible deals on food! One of the big variables to this equation is alcohol. From what you've said it's you and your mom, so there may be wine with dinner. I'm a single park stormer, and I budget around $15 for a quick service lunch, and around $80 for a sitdown dinner (and that's just ME!). This usually includes appetizer, entree, sometimes dessert, and a couple three glasses of a nice wine. Sometimes it comes out closer to $60, sometimes more, but the $80 average works for planning. I also tend to spend at least part of each evening in a lounge somewhere (freakin' lush, ain't I?), which can add around $40 to the day. I also always use the Tables in Wonderland card, which gives me 20% off of all sitdown food and some quick service food, INCLUDING ALCOHOL! Pays for itself in just a few days.
                            Or maybe some people just don't consume alcohol on park grounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Twist1234 View Post
                              Or maybe some people just don't consume alcohol on park grounds?
                              You say that like it's an accusation, and that's just not cool. Some folks drink, some don't. But it's available "on park grounds" in many places, and I very much enjoy it added in to my park storming. I related my experience with meal pricing, to add to the database and help out with the OP's question. If you have a problem with drinking "on park grounds", I suggest you get over it.

Comment

You say that like it's an accusation, and that's just not cool. Some folks drink, some don't. But it's available "on park grounds" in many places, and I very much enjoy it added in to my park storming. I related my experience with meal pricing, to add to the database and help out with the OP's question. If you have a problem with drinking "on park grounds", I suggest you get over it.
                                so true, I don't know about other people, but drinking around the world in WS, having scotch on the rocks at the brown derby, a beer touring Africa, or sitting at the resort by the pool with a cold one, its just a +1 in my opinion every time. you are on vacation after all, let loose. but oh well, to each his or her own.

Comment

Sorry I didn't mean to insult anyone. I'm just saying Disney charges an enormous amount of money on food and drinks, this is even worse with alcohol based drinks.

Comment

Understood, Twist. Had a tense couple days at work, and I'm all primed to battle with ANYONE!!!

Comment

A few glasses of wine are good but I am looking extremely forward to drinking around the world! LOL

I'm going to have to look into some of the menus online and figure out an average.

Comment

Working...
                                      X