This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queues that should be experienced and those which should be avoided

Here's an interesting question: Which attractions have queues that are detailed, entertaining, or worth waiting in the line for? And which ones are so lame, or perhaps the line is so long that it's not worth it, that one should just FastPass the ride instead?

For easyness' sake, pretend you're talking to a first-time visitor here.

Re: Queues that should be experienced and those which should be avoided

Definatly Indiana Jones is worth the wait.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Is this thread looking for attractions in ONLY Disney World with good queues? I would like to know that before I figure my response.

Comment

Well, I guess what you mean by attractions only in WDW. I'm talking about queues in WDW, though they may exist elsewhere (ie ToT.) Not queues that don't exist at WDW at all (ie the Indy dark ride at DL.)

Comment

Hmm... Don't Skip the queue for umm... Everest, Jungle Cruise, umm, that's it. lol
          Last edited by captsmith84; 12-19-2005, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Ill make it quick and easy!

Queues I like:
            Star Tours
            Philharmagic
            Tower of Terror
            It's Tough to Be a Bug
            Dinosaur
            Rock n' Rollercoaster
            Mission: Space
            Journey Into Imagination with Figment

Queues I especially don't like:
            Big Thunder Mountain
            Space Mountain (a claustrophob's nightmare)
            Test Track
            Soarin'
            Primeval Whirl
            Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

Not too many attractions have a planned queue experience, especially in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, simple switchbacks are often used.
            In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

Good Queues That I Like:
              The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
              Rock'n'Roller Coaster
              Star Tours
              Pirates of the Caribbean (don't know why, but I like it)
              Space Mountain
              Kali River Rapids
              Expedition Everest (just a prediction)
              Mission Space
              Test Track (sure, it isn't much, but I like all the things in there)

I can't really point individual fingers at other queues, so I won't.

Comment

:ap: I swear, everytime I see this thread pop up I think it reads:
                Queens that should be experienced and those which should be avoided and think, now thats a strange topic. :ap:
                ~ MickeysGirl šoš
                ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

Queues I like:
                  Space mountain - It has interesting photos to look at but if you can't stand being in the dark for too long you may want to skip it.
                  Dinosaur - It has a lot of fossils to look at and it's usually inside.
                  Pretty much any queue that has a queue puts the person in the mood. Like Pirates, the River Rapids, or Tower of Terror

Queues I avoid
                  Splash Mountain will almost always be an exteremely long wait, there's nothing interesting to see once you get inside there's nothing nice to look at and sometimes it's dirty.

Comment

Thanks guys. The bad queues are kind of useful because I'll probably FP them if I can. I hate FP but I'd be a fool not to use it! I want to "experience" the place as much as I can so I'll FP the rides with the most boring or nightmarish lines.

The rides with queues worth seeing, I'll stand in them even if the wait is long! :P

Comment

For some reason, the Test Track Queue drives (no pun intended)me crazy! It jsut feels like such a slow moving line. Actually, any queue that has a stop and go feel to it, usually to wait for a preshow, is a no no for me.
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

ToT, RnRC, Splash and Space Mountain, Star Tours, Mission: Space, and Pirates are all queues that I would recommend. Soarin's queue is nice, but it's nice in a plain vanilla kind of way, and Test Track is good, but you get tired of it in a hurry if you're in there a long time (gee, *that* never happens, right? ).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X