Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] WDW Attractions you don't miss.

The WDW attractions that I miss dearly are Horizons and the original Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder both at Epcot. And now the lost attractions that I do not miss, the ones that I despise the most are the Under New Management version of the Enchanted Tiki Room at MK, Journey Into Your Imagination, and Honey I Shrunk The Audience at Epcot. Those are mine what are the lost WDW attractions that you don't miss, the ones that you are so glad that they're gone?

Re: WDW Attractions you don't miss.

i miss honey i shrunk the audience a lot actually, its about a million times better then the terribly dated and bad captain EO

Comment

I agree 100% about Horizons, and the ORIGINAL Journey Into Imagination. I'll also add World of Motion to that list.

I honestly don't have a problem with Honey I shrunk the Audience. It's not that I don't miss it, but I don't not miss it, either. It was alright. That's all.

I am so glad that Tiki Room, Under New Management is gone!! There is little else that I'm glad is gone in the resort, other than that.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
        i miss honey i shrunk the audience a lot actually, its about a million times better then the terribly dated and bad captain EO
        You can't be serious, really you miss HISTA? I don't, do you realize that HISTA was one of the factors that led to booting Dreamfinder out of the Imagination pavilion giving us two big losers with JIYI and JIIWF. That is the reason why I don't want HISTA to ever return, period. No offense, but I want Dr. Nigel Channing gone from the Imagination pavilion, and the original JII back. This is the reason why I don't miss HISTA.

Comment

Originally posted by edward1978 View Post
          You can't be serious, really you miss HISTA? I don't, do you realize that HISTA was one of the factors that led to booting Dreamfinder out of the Imagination pavilion giving us two big losers with JIYI and JIIWF. That is the reason why I don't want HISTA to ever return, period. No offense, but I want Dr. Nigel Channing gone from the Imagination pavilion, and the original JII back. This is the reason why I don't miss HISTA.
          it wasn't really though, dream finder and figment were taken out and the ride changed purely to give guests something new in future world, where attractions should never be stagnant and changed or updated on a consistent basis. regardless of this side issue, on a show to show comparison captain eo is so outdated its an embarrassment to Disney entertainment. on top of this it wasn't even that good of a show regardless of the aging, all it is is a slightly longer Michael Jackson music video with terrible acting, the worst puppetry ive seen in a while, and 3D affects that were poorly executed even for a time when they were in their infancy. At least the HISTA show was something I could actually watch and enjoy, all i wanted to do watching EO was leave the theater.

Comment

The Timekeeper, Habit Heros (I had to go there haha), Bear in the Big Blue house, and Sounds Dangerous (I hope this one is finally gone for good!). Although the only one of those I've actually seen/ experienced in person is Sounds Dangerous, from videos and pictures I've seen all were pretty subpar. Sounds dangerous was flat out horrible!
            Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Alien Encounter I do not miss at all. This may have something to do with the fact that I rode it when I was in first grade, and that I love Stitch. But, methinks, if I were to ride it right now, I'd be just as scared, considering the fact that I can't even handle Winnie the Pooh. Although, I love me some Yeti.
              Can I say I miss Type A Betty the Yeti? Because I do.
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds Dangerous. [shudder]

Sometimes an empty building is better than the attraction which preceded it.

Comment

I can't believe no one has mentioned Cranium Command yet - one of the coolest attractions ever! I also liked Body Wars, though it doesn't kill me that it's history. The two attractions that I almost cried over losing were Horizons and the Timekeeper. I have the soundtracks of all 4 of these attractions now, and it makes great driving audio on the weekends!!!

Comment

ORWEN: I do NOT miss Alien Encounter

ORGOCH: I don't miss Sounds Dangerous

ORDDU: I don't miss Tiki Room Under New Management--but I DO miss my favorite man in a loin cloth! Has anyone seen Tarzan lately???

Comment

I'd have to agree that I don't miss Sounds Dangerous. It was an incredibly lame, cheap one trick pony type of attraction. If I wanted to sit and listen to a film in the dark, I'd do it in my living room.

Comment

What is Sounds Dangerous, i've never heard of it.

Comment

Sounds Dangerous was a sound effects showcase. You'd go into a theater, put on headphones, and watch a movie.

Unlamented describes it perfectly.

Comment

Sounds Dangerous was in the theater that used to house the far superior Monster Sound Show. It's right next to the American Idol Theater (which used to house the far superior SuperStar Television Show). Drew Carey was the host, and the audio for the movie was delivered through headphones. About 1/2 way through the show the lights blew out in the movie, leaving you in the dark listening to the action. It was a theater of the mind kind of thing, and it never worked for me. The headphones were cheap, they were usually broken, and I was always worried about previous wearers and the state of their aural hygiene. Unlamented.

Comment

Body Wars. Great idea, cool movie, almost threw up, never went back. Funny that the WDW attractions I do miss most, Cranium Command, was in the same pavilion a hundred feet away.

Another vote for Tiki Room Under New Management. Just lame.

Mickey's Toontown Fair. It may have been the original, but Toontown at Disneyland is so much better.
                              Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Body Wars. The motion sickness from that ride was incredible. Not sad it is gone
                                Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Working...
                                X