Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Storybook Circus Now Open!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW1971
    started a topic News Storybook Circus Now Open!!!

Storybook Circus Now Open!!!

Last edited by penguinsoda; 03-13-2012, 01:56 PM.

• Starshyne
    replied
    Re: Storybook Circus Now Open!!!

I too am someone who only can go every few years. Last time I was there was in the summer of 2008 and the expansion hadn't started yet. Now I am going in 2 weeks and I am excited to see what all is going on. While I have been looking at photos online, it will be nice to see in person. Then the next time I go back (geesh.....in like 2015 or 2016 most likely) everything will really be different!

Leave a comment:

• Stitch626626
    replied

^^^Welcome to the 21st century! The place where every new update on construction can be seen by the entire world within just a few moments.

I'm also in the same situation. I can only go every few years, so it's a really special occasion when I do get to go. Just makes everything so much more enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• DragoHarley
    replied

I am really excited about all of this expansion news. I can only afford to go to WDW every few years, and the last time I went was in 2010 summer right as they were first starting to put up the walls and announce the expansion features. I won't be able to afford to go to WDW again until 2013 or 2014, as I can only save up about $100/month or so in my cookie jar to be able to afford to go (it's a Mickey cookie jar and everything, so this is my "Disney Money" and when I have enough I book my trip). So, for me, when I get to go back I bet all the new Fantasyland things will be up and running so it would be like a magical spell that the whole park is different when I go again. I'm kind of jealous of everyone who gets to go more often, but I feel blessed that since I can only go every few years I get to experience the "magic" of everything changing and new things being open. So that's exciting for me.

I really want to thank everyone on this site who contributes to the reports of what's going on with the construction. It's so much fun for me to read about what's happening, and I jot down notes in my trip planning notebook so that I can keep track of the attractions I am most excited about. I have to admit that I did not feel excited about the Storybook Circus stuff before, but everyone on MiceChat who has been talking about it has gotten me excited and now I can't wait to see all the Dumbo and circus stuff.

I am very curious to see Pete's Sideshow and see all the Disney characters doing circus tricks. That should be fun!

I think we are all blessed to be alive right now and able to look forward to seeing all these new attractions and to have a great place like MiceChat where we can learn about all the exciting news! Just imagine if this was all happening 10 years ago -- there would have been no way to get all the great scoop like this!

Leave a comment:

• Twist1234
    replied

Originally posted by DocDar View Post
    ^Pete's sideshow is jsut a meet n greet? That's dissappointing =\
    There's no conclusive evidence about that yet.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

Originally posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    Wasn't there supposedly going to be a meet-n-greet at what's currently called Pete's Silly Sideshow?
    I haven't heard any conclusive evidence about what the sideshow is actually going to be, and Disney has been very vague to non-existent on the content as well. so far its just poster's speculation at this point on what the new attraction is going to be.

Referring to town square theater however, through plain common sense they have to put SOMEONE in that empty meet and greet space once it is vacated by the princesses. Why wouldn't they put in the rest of the fab 5 and or some classic characters? it only makes sense to do so. This is why they wouldn't put them in an additional meet and greet at story book circus, it would be a ridiculously unneeded add.

Leave a comment:

• DocDar
    replied

^Pete's sideshow is jsut a meet n greet? That's dissappointing =\

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandfan85
    replied

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
    Doubt that. I'm gonna say at this point I'm 99% sure they will move into the town square theater when the princesses leave.
    Wasn't there supposedly going to be a meet-n-greet at what's currently called Pete's Silly Sideshow?

Leave a comment:

• mikelieman
    replied

I think you miss the broader point. Having the IP go into the public domain after 52 years drove innovation. With the current death of the Public Domain, it's easy to be lazy.

Why do anything new when you can just reprint Mickey on everything?

Leave a comment:

• Disney Romantic
    replied

Originally posted by mikelieman View Post
    I can't believe we're talking about 'rights' to an EIGHTY-FIVE year old property. *THIS* is why there's no innovation.
    We're not talking about creating Oswald-land or something. I don't see how it would be detrimental to innovation in any way to have Oswald as a new meet and greet character. It's more a tribute to Walt than anything.

Leave a comment:

• mikelieman
    replied

Disney only recently acquired the rights to bring Oswald into the park in the first place.
    I can't believe we're talking about 'rights' to an EIGHTY-FIVE year old property. *THIS* is why there's no innovation.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

Originally posted by Country Bear Fan View Post
    Personally, I think that that's still going to happen.

I think that Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Chip & Dale will probably get either their own seperate meet-and-greet location in the Circus or they'll just be outdoors in the area (a la Town Square on Main Street).
    Doubt that. I'm gonna say at this point I'm 99% sure they will move into the town square theater when the princesses leave.

Leave a comment:

• Stitch626626
    replied

I'd love it if the tent was made for Pete, Clarabelle, and Oswald. Those are some characters that you never see anywhere. Then again, Disney only recently acquired the rights to bring Oswald into the park in the first place.

I'd hate it if the tents were simply made for ordinary characters like Donald, Goofy, Daisy and Chip and Dale.

Leave a comment:

• Country Bear Fan
    replied

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post

I've heard mixed things about Pete's Silly Sideshow from various people in the know. A while ago (December), I heard that it would be a meet and greet in one of the tents featuring more obscure characters than those you find in main meet and greets (hence "sideshow"), like Pete, Clarabelle, and potentially even Oswald.
    Personally, I think that that's still going to happen.

I think that Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Chip & Dale will probably get either their own seperate meet-and-greet location in the Circus or they'll just be outdoors in the area (a la Town Square on Main Street).

Leave a comment:

• ttintagel
    replied

I hope Timothy Mouse makes an appearance somewhere in the finished product!

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandfan85
    replied

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post

You can see the old design was 'airy' with dangly stuff... where the new design is 'dense' with ornate objects displayed and protruding from it.

---------- Post added 03-16-2012 at 09:00 PM ----------

To each their own.. I prefer this to concrete or something that looks like a pop-up tent. Sometimes it's the 'idealized' version.. not the raw true version.
    That's just from 1993 to 2012. There's an even older version from between 1971 and 1993, which features a mere ten pachyderms and was even less themed, only drums and Timothy Mouse atop a disco ball of all things! Here's a picture:

And the funny thing is, this version is STILL seen in Tokyo Disneyland!

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

To each their own.. I prefer this to concrete or something that looks like a pop-up tent. Sometimes it's the 'idealized' version.. not the raw true version.
    I am not against idealized, and I think this does not give the image of idealized. It does not have to look like a pop up tent to give it the perceived tectonics of a light and movable structure. I think the overall look ends up being more of trying to look like a tent than a full illusion. It may be different in person and when it is all "finished," I am going by the pictures and what I saw a week before the opening.

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Anyone have pictures of the OLD Dumbo they can share?

You can see the old design was 'airy' with dangly stuff... where the new design is 'dense' with ornate objects displayed and protruding from it.

---------- Post added 03-16-2012 at 09:00 PM ----------

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The whole thing has the tectonics of a solid and more permanent construction than a traveling circus. It all looks stiff.

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the roof surface or the roof structure?

The structure all looks like faux wood.. the roof itself is harder to tell in photos so far. But I don't follow the 'nothing suggests wood..' comment. The columns are all shaped like wood would be, there are the structures at the top of the columns.. the whole beam structure is made to look like wood. The whole thing is made to look like wood with tin roofing.
    The whole thing has the tectonics of a solid and more permanent construction than a traveling circus. It all looks stiff.

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    To those who don't like what you see underneath the canopy, I'll say this. Disney isn't trying to get you to look up at something amazing while in line. It's only there for support purposes, as well as a place to put fans for during the summer. That's it. Sure, they'll try to make it look nicer than someone like Six Flags would, but in the end, it serves a minimal purpose and isn't there for people to stare at.
    It was meant to be seen. That is why it was designed. Purely utilitarian spaces do not look like that, and if they did then that is not the precedent set by Disney themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Anyone have pictures of the OLD Dumbo they can share?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X