Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

No bottled Cokes?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] No bottled Cokes?

I heard from a friend yesterday that they aren't selling bottled Coca-Cola products now. He noticed this in the Magic Kingdom, but I would guess it would be true for the other parks as well. Fountain drinks are still available, but the bottled soft drinks are gone. Anyone know more about it?
    Steve Burns
    Burnsland.com - Disney Railroads and more! Home of the Disney Railroads Discussion Board.
    Burnsland Blog - Pictures and new stuff daily!

Re: No bottled Cokes?

I highly doubt this is true.

They make huge profits off of the bottled beverages.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

Originally posted by Burnsland View Post
      I heard from a friend yesterday that they aren't selling bottled Coca-Cola products now. He noticed this in the Magic Kingdom, but I would guess it would be true for the other parks as well. Fountain drinks are still available, but the bottled soft drinks are gone. Anyone know more about it?
      It was only in the magic kingdom. there has been a recent shortage due to a new federal regulation requiring a change of chemicals in either the bottling process or recipe (I'm not sure which) due to the fact that they have been linked to increasing the likelihood of cancer.

Comment

^Wow, good to know. Didn't see that coming!
        Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
          It was only in the magic kingdom. there has been a recent shortage due to a new federal regulation requiring a change of chemicals in either the bottling process or recipe (I'm not sure which) due to the fact that they have been linked to increasing the likelihood of cancer.
          Good to know! I prefer to get my caffeine fix from a bottle I can carry around with me and drink as I go instead of a fountain drink that I feel I have to drink all at one time.
          Steve Burns
          Burnsland.com - Disney Railroads and more! Home of the Disney Railroads Discussion Board.
          Burnsland Blog - Pictures and new stuff daily!

Comment

ORGOCH: Ain't no never mind ta me neither! I always git my brew from a big, black cauldron me an' my two looney sisters drag 'round with us ev'rywhere we goes. Nothin' can hold a candle next ta good ol' witch's brew!!!

ORDDU: Well, you certainly wouldn't want to hold a candle next to the filthy items you're always cooking up, dear. That's for certain! My drink of choice is Champagne. I've progessed well beyond your witch's brew.

ORWEN: And my drink of choice is Crystal Lite--now that I've discovered it in this world. I only wish they sold it at our local Wal-Morva like they do here. I always have to make sure I don't forget to pick up plenty of Crystal Lite packages before flying back home...

Comment

It hasn't been discussed why they don't have the bottled product in the parks. They are still selling fountain version of the product.

I don't really buy the Carmel story being the culprit... because then we'd see the shortage everywhere, not just WDW. Plus, the same 'issue' would be affecting the fountain soda syrup, which hasn't stopped being available. There is something more going on here.. maybe just a contract or vendor dispute.

This has been discussed for a few days elsewhere.. but Disney hasn't come clean yet on the reason.

I believe it's a vendor dispute myself.

Coke makes the syrup.. and 'sells' it to bottling companies.. and then distributors have rights to territories. It's possible (I don't know to this depth) that syrup distribution is handled differently than bottler distribution.. which could explain the variance.

Comment

How does ODV handle this? Those carts don't have room for bag-in-a-box and co2, do they?

Comment

Originally posted by mikelieman View Post
                  How does ODV handle this? Those carts don't have room for bag-in-a-box and co2, do they?
                  They were selling water ... no coke sodas

Comment

The government strikes again...

---------- Post added 03-14-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                    I thought this was only for California. I don't believe that this would require them to pull everything all at once since this is bad for Disney and bad for Coca Cola
                    DisneyTwins
                    Since May 2003

Comment

The 'shortage' was localized to WDW - not surrounding areas. So I don't buy any of the 'due to the cancer article' or 'mold' stories. If those were the true cause, more than WDW would have been impacted.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                        The 'shortage' was localized to WDW - not surrounding areas. So I don't buy any of the 'due to the cancer article' or 'mold' stories. If those were the true cause, more than WDW would have been impacted.
                        from what I heard it was only MK that had a shortage, not the other parks. there was the government mandate that caused a change in the chemicals for the bottling process and that definitely affected the industry, however enough to cause a company to have a shortage for one of their primary distribution areas, (after reviewing the information) I doubt it. I agree flynn something else may be causing this, but irregardless this is a short term issue and it will not be a factor within the next week or so I am sure.

Comment

I believe Spring Break is a big contributing cause.
                          DisneyTwins
                          Since May 2003

Comment

DHS had bottled soda recalled too
                            Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
                            May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
                            May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
                            May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
                            Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
                            Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
                            May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

I understand Coke is finally switching back to cane sugar for good - perhaps the corn syrup stock was pulled early?
                              Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

It's not the sweetener, it's the carmel coloring.

I highly doubt it was for health reasons. It's just heavy crowds. Shortages happen.
                                DisneyTwins
                                Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                                  It's not the sweetener, it's the carmel coloring. I highly doubt it was for health reasons. It's just heavy crowds. Shortages happen.
                                  Just drink Pepsi. You know you want to. Feel the urge. Splurge a little

Comment

Working...
                                  X