Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Anyone remember/have photos of a Haunted Mansion store in Liberty Square, mid-90's?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Anyone remember/have photos of a Haunted Mansion store in Liberty Square, mid-90's?

I went to WDW sometime in the early 90's (Dreamflight was still open, for a time frame) and remember being excited about a Haunted Mansion store that was there, possibly mentioned in one of the Birnbaum guides and came back with a generic pewter skull necklace and 'puffy' glow in the dark shirt with the hitchhiking ghosts/Cousin Dave tombstone on it, I believe.

Is this store still there, or anyone know the name/location? I know they added the fortune-teller style cart in the 2000's and one room of a larger gift store near Fantasyland had some HM stuff in October when I went last a few years back. Am I imagining there was a full on store, anyone got more info...?

Thanks in advance!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Re: Anyone remember/have photos of a Haunted Mansion store in Liberty Square, mid-90'

There was indeed a small Haunted Mansion-themed gift shop at WDW in the 90's, located inside the old Keelboat queue building after that had closed. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos, but I do remember it being rather small, and having most of the stuff in wooden bins. The one detail that stands out to me most was the whole thing was lit by a cobweb-d chandelier overhead, along with some atmospheric lighting, which was either green or black-lit. I remember that glow-in-the-dark t-shirt though! I wish I could remember if I actually bought something from the shop; I feel like I had, but can't for the life of me figure out what it was if I did. Anyway, you didn't imagine it, it was there; it was pretty small, but neat at the same time. Hopefully some photos will turn up!

-Adam-

Comment

Re: Anyone remember/have photos of a Haunted Mansion store in Liberty Square, mid-90'

Ichabod's Landing?

Comment

Originally posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
        Ichabod's Landing?
        It looks like the store was indeed Ichabod's Landing. I think I have very vague memories of it, too. Haven't found pictures yet, but have found some places discussing its existence (here, here, and here for a start). At one point it was known as the Keel Boat Shoppe, and is currently used as storage for the Leotta cart.
        "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Thank you all for the info! Wish there was more about it, but alas...one of those 'obscure' things no one would have taken photos of doubtless. Great info though, thanks!
          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Working...
          X