Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bay Lake Tower (Lake View) or Contemporary Tower (Theme Park View) - HELP!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Bay Lake Tower (Lake View) or Contemporary Tower (Theme Park View) - HELP!!

HELP!
    I have until Tuesday to decide which location to stay at. My wife, 4 yr old and I will be going to Disney World on Sunday. We have reservations in both the Bay Lake Tower (STUDIO) and the Contemporary Main Tower. We have Lake View at BLT and Theme Park at Contempoary.

Which should we choose? I really am torn.
    Are the pools better at BLT?
    Do we need the Theme Park View at contemp?
    Is the BLT Studio too small?

Contemporary ends up being $300 more than BLT. Not a huge deal though.
    I want to pick the better place.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Bay Lake Tower (Lake View) or Contemporary Tower (Theme Park View) - HELP!!

4 year old? Think about it. 10 pm fireworks... 4 year old... Bathtime at 9pm and 10pm fireworks on the balcony of your room, and then into bed...

Contemporary Theme Park View.

Comment

And now the contrary opinion. IMO, the pool is much better at BLT. The waterslide in particular is great.

The studio in BLT is nice because it will come, if I remember correctly, with a kitchen and fridge, meaning you have the option to make breakfasts or lunch in the room whenever you like (someone back me up on this...). IMO, because BLT was designed for Vacation Club members, you will find BLT better designed for a relaxing vacation experience.

Also, and this is purely my opinion... the Contemporary's theme park view is overrated. We've stayed at both theme park views and lake views on the same floor in BLT, and we joked that the theme park view should be called a parking lot view with a castle in the background. The lake, on the other hand, looks beautiful in the evenings, and the view lets you look out over the swimming pool as well. It also comes with some nighttime entertainment of its own - the Electrical Water parade stops in front of Bay Lake Tower each night.

Factor in the $300 savings, and Bay Lake Tower is your winner... but that's just me.

Comment

Adding my 2cents, we stayed at both in the last 2 years. My thoughts were that the BLT studio was really small (and it was just 2 of us,) and we had the added "benefit" of hearing the washing machine from the unit over, vibrate and shake the walls.

I also thought the theming of BLT was a little lacking. It felt like a 2000 era condo that could have been anywhere in the world.

The Contemporary isn't perfect. There is noise from the center atrium and Chef Mickey's that you could here from the room, but I do like this hotel... Probably a spin off from my youth, (first trip was in 1974)..

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I think I am leaning toward Bay Lake. I like the idea of the better pools. Looking at our schedule for the week, it does not look like we will be around all that often to watch the fireworks from the room at the Contemporary Tower. So it really comes down to larger room at the Contemporary (although a little older and dated) with the better pools and $300 savings at BLT.

How is the walk from BLT to the Contemporary? Less than 5 minutes?

Comment

There is a sky bridge connecting the two and I would say about a 90 seconds from elevator to elevator walking...Real close.... Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by tukerstown View Post
              Thanks for the replies. I think I am leaning toward Bay Lake. I like the idea of the better pools. Looking at our schedule for the week, it does not look like we will be around all that often to watch the fireworks from the room at the Contemporary Tower. So it really comes down to larger room at the Contemporary (although a little older and dated) with the better pools and $300 savings at BLT.

How is the walk from BLT to the Contemporary? Less than 5 minutes?
              Yes, an outdoor covered bridge leaves from the main floor of the Contemporary's atrium to, I want to say, the 5th floor of Bay Lake Tower.

Comment

If you stay at BLT you can also go to top of the world and watch the fireworks. They play the fireworks music to.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
                  the Contemporary's theme park view is overrated. We've stayed at both theme park views and lake views on the same floor in BLT, and we joked that the theme park view should be called a parking lot view with a castle in the background.
                  While everyone's opinion is valid, I have to say that I totally disagree with this. Having stayed on the 9th floor of the Contemporary with a park view many years ago, I spent a lot of time out on the balcony, just enjoying the vibe of the park and the boats and the monorails and the GF and Poly across the way. A totally unique view that I'm glad I got to experience!

Comment

Originally posted by irish View Post
                    If you stay at BLT you can also go to top of the world and watch the fireworks. They play the fireworks music to.
                    Top of the World is only open to DVC members staying on points. That being said, I would say BLT as well. With BLT as our home resort, we found it quite nice and little bit more sedate that a tower room at the Contemporary. You can't go wrong with either though!
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Working...
                    X