This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Sponsor for the Imagination Pavilion

Colorvision is going to be the new sponsor of the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot. I was talking with a CM at Captain EO today (well, yesterday since it's after midnight now) and they showed me a pamphlet thing handed out to CMs that stated that. I read it so fast I forgot what date that's to start though. But hopefully this will be good news for the pavilion and they can finally evict Dr. Nigel Channing and the stupid Imagination Institute theme.

Re: New Sponsor for the Imagination Pavilion

Tried googling them and I cme up with nothing

Comment

...Wh-wh-wh-what??

Comment

HALLELUJAH Now let's hope it will change for the better!
        "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
        ~Finding Nemo

Comment

This is their website-Colorvision International Inc.

Comment

O-Kay.... Even if it turns out to be a turkey, it'll be a different turkey.

Comment

Considering they still sell merchandise with Dreamfinder on it... We'll see what happens. Imagineering has repeatedly said they have BIG plans for the pavilion, but they're just not at liberty to say what those plans are right now (until they get green-lighted probably).

Comment

Headquartered in Orlando. That makes it easier...
                Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
                www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Comment

I think you may be mistaken.

Colorvision has its finger on the pulse of souvenir photography and image capture technologies, as such offers a wide variety of services and products to our partners.
                  Other services Colorvision offers include on-ride photography (Their website lists that they currently work with all of the Florida Theme Parks on that)

The "Imagination" pavilion also has the "photo opportunity" with the Green Screen, it appears Colorvision does that too.

Maybe Colorvision will be taking a more active role in product sales within the pavilion, but it seems doubtful that a company already working with all the Florida theme parks would go and sponsor a ride at just one theme park.

-Zach
                  Theme Park Reporter
                  -Coaster-net.com
                  -WDWNT:The Magazine

Comment

ZFakterowitz, the pamphlet I was shown clearly said, "Colorvision will be the new sponsor of the Imagination Pavilion". Black & white. I'm not mistaken. The only part I missed is the exact date the sponsorship takes effect, but it's sometime this spring... next month I think (if not already).

Comment

great news! Thanks for the update and I really hope to see a new 3d Film also! I love Imagination!
                      JEANY SANCHEZ

Comment

I really do hope I'm wrong! Money really needs to be thrown at the Imagination pavilion. It's so dead right now.
                        Theme Park Reporter
                        -Coaster-net.com
                        -WDWNT:The Magazine

Comment

The Imagination Pavilion always makes me so sad to think about. I try to walk on the sunny side of life's street, but things like IP are the stuff I know would make Walt really sad if he was still alive because they are the antithesis of what he believed in and dreamed for the parks. When I was in college I studied Disney in a business class back when it was the leader in the world in terms of maintenance, hospitality training, and upkeep -- so it's kind of horrifying for me to see things like IP and the other rundown attractions. I really hope another "Disney Renaissance" happens and the company goes back to this gold standard of quality.

I am really confident this is going to happen. Disney seems to go through these weird cycles with terrible executives who forget about what made Walt so successful...and that's followed by people who genuinely love Disney who come in to fix the things the bad executives did.

I think we are just on the verge of this happening again.

Comment

This company seems too small to be a sponsor of a pavilion. But maybe since Disney can't attract sponsors, prices have dropped... which wouldn't be a good sign for a new attraction coming to the Imagination pavilion.
                            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                              This company seems too small to be a sponsor of a pavilion. But maybe since Disney can't attract sponsors, prices have dropped... which wouldn't be a good sign for a new attraction coming to the Imagination pavilion.
                              ANY change for that pavilion would be good...hopefully it brings back more of a homage to the original...the current ride there is annoying as all get out, and that's sad because I really enjoy Eric Idle's work
                              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                              -George S. Patton

Comment

I am feeling even more nostalgic for this attraction since the last Sherman Brother passed.
                                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

still conflicting information on this.. some say its just about the post-show stuff.

And either way, a new sponsor doesn't mean a new pavilion necessarily either. A lowball sponsorship could include just using your name/branding on the existing show..

Comment

Yeah, just being the ImageWorks makes a lot more sense. Don't see how a small novelty photo group can support the full pavilion.
                                    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                                    sigpic
                                    Flickr

Comment

Seriously guys, what I was show said exactly this: "Colorvision will be the new SPONSOR of the Imagination Pavilion." It didn't say sponsor of the just ImageWorks, but sponsor of the whole pavilion. If you don't want to believe that, ok. But I know what I read and it was an official CM pamphlet that the CM showed me. It also had something about Flower & Garden on there, but they just showed me the Colorvision thing.

Comment

Must admit, I was a little disappointed to not read "Apple" up there. Either way, I hope that the Imagination ride gets scrapped. I hope Figment and his little arrogant wings get sent off to the dumpster. Was that too harsh?
                                        Anyway, I'm really excited to hear about what Colorvision is going to do. Especially if it involves Figment and a dumpster.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X