Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

New Sponsor for the Imagination Pavilion

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Sponsor for the Imagination Pavilion

Figment is a great character, just not in the current incarnation of the ride which makes him into an annoying little impish creature instead of a curious little Figment of Imagination.

Comment

This is great news!!! I just hope that Figment survives whatever change they have in store for the Institute..

Comment

The way I see the current version is Figment engaging in prankster's vengeance against the Imagination Institute for the even worse 2000 version which is fairly reasonable what with the whole "Destroying his home, booting Dreamfinder and insulting all the people who ride by saying they've got no Imagination". We just get caught in the crossfire.

Still want a new version going back to the feel of the original, but I don't think ColorVision can put that much funding into that.
        M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
        sigpic
        Flickr

Comment

Colorvision International Inc.
          It's official, it's on their website.
          I think it is only Image Works and the store based on the image and the fact that it doesn't say "sponsor" but just "moving in".
          Sorry guys.
          Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.

Comment

'as part of the imageworks attraction...'

Comment

From their official twitter

Sadly this company will just be running the photo shop, they will not be sponsoring the pavilion.

ImageWorks used to be operated by another co. We moved in now they've left. Once fully functional it will get a big visual upgrade.
              The store after the Imagination ride.
              The twitter can be found here- https://twitter.com/#!/CVCreative
              Theme Park Reporter
              -Coaster-net.com
              -WDWNT:The Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                I am feeling even more nostalgic for this attraction since the last Sherman Brother passed.
                Last? Richard, the younger brother who remains quite active in the Disney community, is still alive.

Comment

I love Eric Idle and at first I was excited to see him in this attraction because I remember Figment with fondness from when I was a kid. However, I was very disappointed with the whole Imagination attraction. Maybe the script is just awful because Eric Idle wasn't funny at all! And I am a fan. I hope something changes with this attraction soon. Although I do not want to see Figment go anywhere.
                  WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
                  DLR: 1999, 2009
                  DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
                  http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Starshyne View Post
                    I love Eric Idle and at first I was excited to see him in this attraction because I remember Figment with fondness from when I was a kid. However, I was very disappointed with the whole Imagination attraction. Maybe the script is just awful because Eric Idle wasn't funny at all! And I am a fan. I hope something changes with this attraction soon. Although I do not want to see Figment go anywhere.
                    Thing with Eric Idle is that he'll do anything if the paycheck's nice. Just look at Delgo or Secret of Nimh 2.
                    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                    sigpic
                    Flickr

Comment

they probably just have a giant vault full of ideas for EPCOT and Iger jumps in them every day...ducktales style... He probably wipes with the newest imagination ride
                      I like to think of myself as a "realistic disney nerd"... yeaahhh maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukulele Guy View Post
                        Colorvision International Inc.
                        It's official, it's on their website.
                        I think it is only Image Works and the store based on the image and the fact that it doesn't say "sponsor" but just "moving in".
                        Sorry guys.
                        So. . . you mean. . . No Figment in a dumpster?
                        Hercules - DISAPPOINTED - YouTube
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starshyne View Post
                          Maybe the script is just awful because Eric Idle wasn't funny at all!
                          He wasn't particularly funny in HISTA either. And I agree that this is sad, as I am a huge Eric Idle/Python fan. Seems to me they just had him reading a script, with no room for any Eric-isms that would have made it funny. The closest thing is in the HISTA preshow, when he tells you to put on your safety goggles and safely move inside the theater safely. A few more of those would have punched up HISTA and the current JIYI nicely!

Comment

Working...
                          X