X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Where is the Dreamfinder?

Howdy Pards,

I heard a rumor somewheres that recently there was a special Disney shindig of some sort and one of the Sherman boys was there singin' as the highlight of the show...anyways at the end of his performance he introduced...an old friend...Dreamfinder and Figment! Well, as the story goes, the house went wild! And there was mor'n one tear when folks startin' singin' "One Little Spark"...

Was it all that long ago when we joined the Dreamfinder and Figment on one of those wonderful "flights of fancy?"

Well...rumor has it that the Dreamfinder went off somewhere lookin' for Walt Disney's dream of Epcot...you know, the Experimental
    Prototype Community of Tomorrow...Progress City. Figment showed up back at the Imagination Pavilion but things just weren't the same...not nearly as magical, imaginative, colorful, and fun as they were when Dreamfinder was there.

So...I wonder if we shouldn't send somebody out searchin' for Dreamfinder...and bring him back to Walt Disney World?

You know, sometimes, these young whippersnapper Imagineers change things that just shouldn't be changed. Now, of course, there are those who say that taint the Imagineers at all, but the money folks who are doin' it...you know, the fellers who ain't interested in nothin' but the bottom line. They're the fellers who shut down the Cranium Command...and the whole Wonders of Life Pavilion for that matter...and those bottom line fellers have been messin' up a lotta things when you think about it. What we need are the dreamers!
    That's kinda what Dreamfinder symbolized I guess. Those fellers out searchin' for "wonderful new things" and celebratin' the things that already are wonderful.

Now, along with bringin' The Dreamfinder back to the Imagination Pavilion the folks in Merchandising have just gotta wake up and understand that Figment is one of the most beloved characters in all of Walt Disney World...we need lots more Dreamfinder and Figment stuff on those shelves. Quality stuff...stuff that celebrates the imagination, dreams, the wonders and delights of life!

The truth is...I don't know who has been messin' up the good stuff...but they had oughta stop it. Let's go find Dreamfinder and bring him back home where he belongs...let's start celebratin' the imagination once again like we used to do... and bring back the Wonders of Life Pavilion...the Odessy Restuarant...and all the other things that never should have vanished in the first place.

And, let's hope that Dreamfinder has gathered up Walt's original idea for Epcot and brings it back with him to the Dreamport...maybe somebody at Disney Imagineering will have the courage to say we need to make Walt Disney's last and greatest dream come true.
    It's time for that Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow that Walt once told us about...

And, my gosh, when are they ever gonna expand that Monorail system? Bring back the People Movers to Disneyland? And stop
    changin' the good stuff?

Ahhhh....yes...we need to go out thar and find Dreamfinder and bring him back where he belongs! More dreamers and less money counters and bottom line profit people...that's what we need! "A dream can be a dream come true...with just that spark in me and you!"

So...anyone else miss the Dreamfinder as much as I do?

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 05-09-2012, 10:43 AM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."
    sigpic

Re: Where is the Dreamfinder?

I do miss Dreamfinder, but you can actually find him in a different attraction in a different park! His twin lives in Phantom Manor at Disneyland Resort Paris. He uses some of Paul Frees's original Mansion audio and greets you as you enter the Ghost Town.Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ltslqdEiXT1r5z9cto1_500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	7340941
    sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Howdy Pards,

Ahhh...so that's where he's been...over there in Paris playin' in an old haunted house...when we need him back at Epcot where he belongs!

Wild Ol' Dan
      sigpic

Comment

Seeing the Dreamfinder (or his twin brother) was the highlight of my ride to the Phantom Manor! I yelled out, "There is the dreamfinder!" when I saw him. He looked different, since his head comes off, but it totally made me happy to have seen him.

Sara s.
        WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
        DLR: 1999, 2009
        DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
        http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Comment

I thought Dreamfinder was cryogenically frozen and buried under Pirates of the Caribbean.

Comment

yes bring back dreamfinder and figmet in a 3d show and bring back an updated technology version of the original ride with the original soundtrack and image works

Comment

Wild Ol' Dan you took the words completely out of my mouth!!! WED (yea I still call it that) Imagineers need a wake up and realize that Dreamfinder and Figment were created to symbolize what they were all about quality over quantity immersive attractions, parks, restaurants and even cool stores that actually sold cool stuff perspective to their lands. Then Pressler came in and ravaged the wide open plans that was Disney. Getting back from rants I hope soon WED gets to work on the pavilion after Fantasyland and DCA and if Colorvision chooses to sponsor the WHOLE building we'll be in good shape!!!

"THAT'S R
              IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Howdy Pards,

IMAGINATION. Ahhhh...yes...remember the magic?

Wild Ol' Dan
                sigpic

Comment

Wild Ol' Dan, you are fast becoming my hero! You say what I feel!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Howdy Pards,

We are not the only ones who miss the Dreamfinder. I believe that there are millions of us who do.
                    Somethin' deep down inside us I suppose...

Wild Ol' Dan
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X