Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Disneyland's Toontown vs. WDW's Toontown Fair

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Disneyland's Toontown vs. WDW's Toontown Fair

Personally, I've never really been through WDW's Toontown Fair, but I have been through Disneyland's Toontown a lot. I'd just like to know, which do you think was better DL's version or WDW's? Everyone kept insisting that it was always meant be temporary and all that, and it, of course, has succumbed to the Fantasyland expansion. But what are your opinions and thoughts?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Re: Disneyland's Toontown vs. WDW's Toontown Fair

Disneyland's is better. It's a fully developed land that actually is a Toontown. Toontown Fair was a quick retrofit of an area that was already a quick retrofit of a temporary gimmick area for Mickey's birthday that was loosely inspired by Duckburg.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
    sigpic
    Flickr

Comment

Yeah Disneyland's is tiny but it's 100 times better than the crap WDW got. I'm glad WDW's got demo'd.
      Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

I guess when you look at the current state of Mickey's Toon Town Fair it was temporary... Just a long, long temporary. But yeah, DL's ToonTown is was better. Kind of wish that something like that would magically appear at DHS.
        He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
        follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
        DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Looking back on this now that it's over, Mickey's Birthdayland opened with a train station. That should have been a pretty big hint that this area wasn't going to be temporary. The park needed a train stop on the east side of the park and unless they were planning on demolishing that one once Birthdayland was over and build one in Tomorrowland, we really should have seen this coming.

I've only been to Toontown in CA once, but it's much better. Storybook Circus doesn't seem all that different than the previous versions. They're just now admitting that it's permanent and giving it the full theming a permanent land deserves.
          It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
          sigpic

Comment

The only bad experience I ever had at WDW happened in that Toontown Fair area. This was in June of 2010 and I will never, ever forget it because I still can't believe this happened at WDW. It was in the large tent that had merchandise and also the lines for the Princess Meet & Greets. I was in the middle of the tent looking at merchandise and a cast member working in the tent started harassing me -- he kept saying "Don't stand too close to the supports" when I was not standing near anything. I was looking at merchandise. There was a big steel pole thing in the middle of a display I was looking at, but Disney had surrounded this pole with shelves full of stuff for sale (and that's what I was looking at). I ignored the guy at first, but he just kept saying "I told you not to stand by the supports" and that's when I let him have it right back and told him that I was looking at merchandise that is displayed here and that if he had a problem with that then maybe they shouldn't put things to purchase right there.

He glared at me and then stomped away and I clearly heard him say "stupid ******".

I was just absolutely floored. Yes, I'm gay. But I don't tolerate being called a "******". I happen to have two degrees so I am not "stupid" either. I was shocked, stunned, and horrified that a Disney cast member said this and treated me this way.

I immediately told some other cast members who were working and pointed the guy out. I told them that this is not the sort of thing that I would expect from WDW.

I immediately left the Toontown area after that and never went back. It was my one and only visit to Toontown and I still have a bad impression of the place because of that cast member.

Comment

^thats a terrible story even the worst days don't justify behavior like that. Sorry you had such a bad experience!

I know I'm in the minority but I actually liked WDW's better. For one, I thought the coaster matched the theme better and made more sense in WDW. Also, I didn't necessarily like the circus tents but I always found DL's Toontown very tacky looking and almost sickly lol...I can't spend too much time in that crowded and confined area where all the architecture looks like it comes out of a nightmare hana. It's all very claustrophobic and weird to me in a somewhat unpleasant way. Though Toontown, IMO, is a weak idea for an area in general, I tolerated WDW's better.

Comment

Originally posted by DragoHarley View Post
                The only bad experience I ever had at WDW happened in that Toontown Fair area. This was in June of 2010 and I will never, ever forget it because I still can't believe this happened at WDW. It was in the large tent that had merchandise and also the lines for the Princess Meet & Greets. I was in the middle of the tent looking at merchandise and a cast member working in the tent started harassing me -- he kept saying "Don't stand too close to the supports" when I was not standing near anything. I was looking at merchandise. There was a big steel pole thing in the middle of a display I was looking at, but Disney had surrounded this pole with shelves full of stuff for sale (and that's what I was looking at). I ignored the guy at first, but he just kept saying "I told you not to stand by the supports" and that's when I let him have it right back and told him that I was looking at merchandise that is displayed here and that if he had a problem with that then maybe they shouldn't put things to purchase right there.

He glared at me and then stomped away and I clearly heard him say "stupid ******".

I was just absolutely floored. Yes, I'm gay. But I don't tolerate being called a "******". I happen to have two degrees so I am not "stupid" either. I was shocked, stunned, and horrified that a Disney cast member said this and treated me this way.

I immediately told some other cast members who were working and pointed the guy out. I told them that this is not the sort of thing that I would expect from WDW.

I immediately left the Toontown area after that and never went back. It was my one and only visit to Toontown and I still have a bad impression of the place because of that cast member.
                Wow! I'm sorry you didn't enjoy yourself then. Why didn't you go complain at City Hall?

3. Splash Mountain
                4. Mad Tea Party
                5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

I hate to say it but after seeing the new Storybook Circus, I kind of miss the chickens in the Barnstormer. I thought that was a cool little tableau for the queue.
                  It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                  sigpic

Comment

^^Those chickens where all sorts of funny! Here I thought that I was the only one that was sad to see them go.
                    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

I realize this is probably a dumb question I'm about to ask, but what does Disneyland's Toontown have that WDW's Toontown Fair didn't, besides the Roger Rabbit ride?

3. Splash Mountain
                      4. Mad Tea Party
                      5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Better theming, more elaborate meet and greets, more crowding...
                        Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
                          I realize this is probably a dumb question I'm about to ask, but what does Disneyland's Toontown have that WDW's Toontown Fair didn't, besides the Roger Rabbit ride?
                          Walled in with buildings... gags located around the area.. originally the Jolly Trolly.

The whole area was themed and wrapped as a cohesive town area.. where birthdayland was just stuff you walked by.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
                            I guess when you look at the current state of Mickey's Toon Town Fair it was temporary... Just a long, long temporary. But yeah, DL's ToonTown is was better. Kind of wish that something like that would magically appear at DHS.
                            I like the idea of a ToonTown in DHS too! There could be a lot of cool ideas with that kind of a theme! I would like to see a Duck Tales ride someday....

Comment

There were plans for a Toon Town to be built off of Sunset Boulevard, I think in the approximate location of where Rock 'n Rollercoaster now sits.

Comment

To answer the OP I've only been to Disneyland's Toontown once, but I can tell you this we went to the Magic Kingdom's Toontown fair once, and we found it lacking so much that we always veered to go past it anyways, never once stepping foot in it again..I think the most fun we had there was in Goofy's bounce house...

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                                There were plans for a Toon Town to be built off of Sunset Boulevard, I think in the approximate location of where Rock 'n Rollercoaster now sits.

I may be wrong but I thought when they originally built MGM, the area around Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area was meant to house Toontown not the area by Rock n Rollercoaster, I remember that the quick service restaurant there was themed like the Acme Warehouse, and they had the diesel road flatener(I can't remember the name of the equipment to save my life) near the one brick wall in the place....
                                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                                -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by A113PoCfan View Post
                                  I like the idea of a ToonTown in DHS too! There could be a lot of cool ideas with that kind of a theme! I would like to see a Duck Tales ride someday....
                                  I would not think that people nowadays would know what "Duck Tales" is.

3. Splash Mountain
                                  4. Mad Tea Party
                                  5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                                    I may be wrong but I thought when they originally built MGM, the area around Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area was meant to house Toontown not the area by Rock n Rollercoaster, I remember that the quick service restaurant there was themed like the Acme Warehouse, and they had the diesel road flatener(I can't remember the name of the equipment to save my life) near the one brick wall in the place....
                                    I remember hearing that too. And I remember the Roger Rabbit inspired props in that shop as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                                      I may be wrong or it may have been looked at for a number of sites. I think the bar at the end of the planned Sunset Blvd Red Car line was supposed to be the start of the land.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
                                        I would not think that people nowadays would know what "Duck Tales" is.
                                        What do you mean? I thought it was kinda of well known.

Comment

Working...
                                        X